14 coaches online • Server time: 03:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zhraia

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Some roster would be crazy without some restrictions. But on the other hand, if we threw the concept of balance out the window and just ran with the crazy teams, who know where we will end up. Sure, 4 amazon blitzer, 4 chaos warriors, 5 ogres, 3 pact big guys+elf and all the elves you can eat would wipe the floor with some more balanced teams. But if everyone just played with power-game teams, it might be somewhat balanced at the top, after we figure out what teams are "da best".
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a problem with overpowered races. If you think dwarves don't have a chance because they are too slow, then don't pick dwarfs.

Anyways, I am interested.
Arcayn

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

With POMB or clawPOMB, games could get stupid if each side has only 7 players. If there were 9 players, no race restrictions, each coach could try multiple teams, and the league promised to be well run, I'd be interested.

If you get 16+ coaches signed up for an open league of 5 on 5, and the league is going strong after 2 months, I have a set of FUMBBL dice to donate to the winnr of season 1.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah going to need skill bans and or a deeper bench and some positional restrictions. Otherwise it will just get a bit silly in the end.

DLE College 7s
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think killstack should be nerfed like hell. I would probably suggest to ban mightyl blow as a chosen skill. (Big guys who start with it could have it, but that is all.) And would probably suggest a LOS=0.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I think killstack should be nerfed like hell. I would probably suggest to ban mightyl blow as a chosen skill. (Big guys who start with it could have it, but that is all.) And would probably suggest a LOS=0.

Yup, apply as many nerfs to the killstack as possible or a single clawpomb can rule them all

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Wreckage:
I hate that you don't get a skill at 1000 spp...

Well, you might be happy/surpirised to know that players DO get a skill at 1000 SPP, I didn't note it down because thats alot of SPP for a player to accumilate.

Quote:
pythrr:
by not being a drama queen and waiting more than a day for people to reply?

I knew You would say somthing like that xD, you are right ofc. Was a bad hair day.

Quote:
awambawamb:
5 fouls, quick matches. either because or you're gettin sent off, or because you've SMASHED the opposition.

I'd call in master Rabe for this, the BGA Arena packs the punch, the fun and the quickness. I could giv it a go, mister.

Perhaps a ban on fouling skills would eleviate some of this concern? or a ban on fouling all together...? im worried for the stunty teams in these cases tho.

Anyone who wants to help out with this is welcome to do so.

Quote:
Endzone:
I think it might be a good idea to restrict rosters to one of each positional type to some extent. ( I think woodelves with 2 wardancers or dark elves with all blitzers / witch elves would be massively overpowered.) Something like:

Rule: Each roster may have a maximum of 4 positionals (including available Big Guys)and a duplicate positional may only be taken when each of the other available positional types are already taken.

e.g.

Woodelf

Wardancer
Treeman
Thrower
Catcher
3 linemen

Chaos Dwarf

Minotaur
Bull
Chaos Dwarf
Bull
3x Hobgoblin

Lizardman

Krox
3 x Saurus
3 x Skink

etc.

This actually makes a lot of sense and is worth serious consideration. Its a pretty easy to understand team creation rule.

Quote:
The_Murker:
With POMB or clawPOMB, games could get stupid if each side has only 7 players. If there were 9 players, no race restrictions, each coach could try multiple teams, and the league promised to be well run, I'd be interested.

If you get 16+ coaches signed up for an open league of 5 on 5, and the league is going strong after 2 months, I have a set of FUMBBL dice to donate to the winnr of season 1.

I hear you, very good point. I'd be willing to up the roster to 9 men instead of 7, the reaon I choose 7 was purely for less MVP targets but SPP is no good if your team is dead I guess xD. I have no intention of restricting coaches team number ammounts, make and play as many varied teams as desired.

Thats an increadible prize for the winner and mighty kind and generous of you to offer such a thing. Not sure I could repay such an act but I'd willing to try, perhaps I could foot the bill for this!.

Quote:
bghandras:

Hmm banning MB is not a bad idea, I do see one potential problem tho, perhaps if this rule was in place coaches would favor teams that have MB over the others?

LOS=0 ofc.

---

Would'nt banning Claw, and Piling-On as pickable skills not be the better way to nerf killstack?

The reason I say this is beacause even without Claw mutant teams would still be viable.. and as we all know PO is PO, the less PO the better right? (in a league such as this).

---

Thank you all for your comments, ideas, and interests. Made my day.

As for signing up.. I have a group page already but untill we've got this thing worked out somewhat there isnt much point in team creation yet, this thread will contain all the info you'll need so check back now'n then Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be a 5 a side league in LRB4, and I loved it. I don't have the time to play more leagues now. ufotunately.

I used CDs in 5 a side. I found that I didnt use many actual CDs, because it was very hard to keep up with other team only having MA4. https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=157846. That league didnt have any roster limits, as it was only 5 guys in total.

Jeffro
zhraia

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is that ag 4 is really op in formats with low numbers. It is almost impossible to keep the ball safe, and it is really easy for ag 4 teams to get a blitz in anywhere. This format favors mobility and opportunistic teams. So just nerfing bash without would make sure that we only get ag 4 teams, depending on how the rosters turns out. Ruling that mb and claw don't stack would be fine.

I would suggest buffing fouling and spiked ball, limiting ball trickery and boosting teams with under powered players.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Mighty blow is best, and dominant alone. If you ban PO and CLAW that would make less than banning only MB. You can ban PO too, but ban MB along.
Big guys are not reliable. So i would worry less about them having MB.
2. If you had a roster limit of 16, then snots would have some merit.
3. I dont think fouling is particularly effective as there will be very little assist.
4. I dont share the view of Zhraia.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
keggiemckill:
There used to be a 5 a side league in LRB4, and I loved it. I don't have the time to play more leagues now. ufotunately.

I used CDs in 5 a side. I found that I didnt use many actual CDs, because it was very hard to keep up with other team only having MA4. https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=157846. That league didnt have any roster limits, as it was only 5 guys in total.

Yeah, I am 50/50 as far as restricting rosters is concerned. Im happy to do it if thats what the majority rules but I dont want to force coaches to take units they would otherwise not want to use. My own idea/way of limiting early game potential positional spam is to reduce significantly the ammount of starting treasury on teams. If for instance a dark elf team takes 4x blitzers thats 400k gone, depending on the final ammount of treasury and bench set/decided for this league the coach will have to make sacrifices. Thats the plan anyway. With a 9 man bench and 600-700k starting treasure.. I'm sure we would see some definate diversity on many of the teams, especially if things like RR's and Apo's are desired by the coach.

Last edited by deyempe on %b %24, %2016 - %20:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
zhraia:
I would suggest buffing fouling and spiked ball, limiting ball trickery and boosting teams with under powered players.

Buffing fouling or just not banning the fouling skills might be ok.. making it a more ligit tactic for weaker races.. considering the low assist problem I dont see a buff to damaging here. Spikey Ball is a definate no-no many stunty teams armour is 7 or less so they'd not benefit much from that.

Quote:
bghandras:
1. Mighty blow is best, and dominant alone. If you ban PO and CLAW that would make less than banning only MB. You can ban PO too, but ban MB along.
Big guys are not reliable. So i would worry less about them having MB.
2. If you had a roster limit of 16, then snots would have some merit.
3. I dont think fouling is particularly effective as there will be very little assist.
4. I dont share the view of Zhraia.

1.Interesting, I'd assumed a re-roll on injury would be more OP than a +1 but I guess MB is used on every block with said player so yes its use out wieghs that of PO, and in a 5v5 you probably dont want to PO so often! Good point about the Biggys.
2.Haha, well even then I am not sure xD
3.True.
4.I'll have to think more about some of the points made.
zhraia

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I base my argument on Super7. During the first three seasons of Super 7, we had one vampire team, one Lizardmen team and five elf teams make to the playoffs (if you don't count season one, strike the vampires and one elf team). Most of the runner-ups were also elfs, if you wanted to win, you had to play elfs. So in the end elves were nerfed and now we have more diversity.

To much nefing, buffing and balancing is bad, but I would like to see more then one type of team. If you just played blood bowl with 5 players and no other changes, then bashy teams would be unable to protect the ball and unable to stop agile teams from scoring. If the bashy teams could injure a couple of elves early they might be able to make a come back in the second half, unless the format allows for a big bench.

Killstack is only a problem in persistent formats, like black box or ranked, it takes quite a few games to get a killer team going.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

we ran OBBA 5s for a few seasons. was fun.

teams were 4 linemen and 1 positional of yr choice. no subs. if you have a MNG, you get j-men in the next game.

it worked pretty well. elves and rats dominated, of course, but 5 is a silly league, so no one was too bothered.

Jump to: