41 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
deyempe

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2016 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The other option is ofc to scrap the 5-A-Side idea all-together, and instead introduce a league inwhich all stunty teams can compete in a league along with the CRP rosters! keeping the extra skill levels, and perhaps somekind of treasury nerf just so the CRP teams are forced to miss out out on some of their better players early on (maybe), idk if there is such a league as this already.. but it would be equally fun imo.

Saying that.. stunty teams can be pretty deadly anyway, it'd be nice to see them on-field more often and in a league vs CRP teams it'd be interesting at least.

PS: The appeal of a player able to learn more than 6 skills in his/her career is a big one for me.

Potential League names: Stunty2, BB on Steroids, SuperDuperFumbblFun, Splooshy
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 03, 2016 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the current status of the idea?

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
What is the current status of the idea?

My apologise for this very late reply, I missed this question somehow.

Well as it stands righ now I have come to these conclusions:

Firstly, as this is a somewhat silly/fun league and wont be up every coaches street.. roster positions see no limitations or rules regarding team building choices ...so a chaos team's coach is welcome to hire all four warriors and mino right off the bat if he/she see's fit to do so.

A teams starting treasury will not be the usual ammount of 1000k, the reduction in initial treasure will hopefully sway coaches away from positional spamming. Ive not worked out the exact ammount yet but it will be between somewhere 600-800k starting treasury.

Teams will be limited to hiring 9 players max.

LRB6 (CRP) + Stunty Races eligible to compete.

Sneaky Git will act like Guard on fouls AND Banned Sneaky Git players are sent to the KO box instead.
This is the only buff on fouling that I see fit for this league. Its main purpose is to help the stunty teams who are more likely to take the Sneaky Git skill and who also need the buff more than non stunty teams do.

Right stuff prevents Tackle skill when blocked.
Gives the stunty teams more of a much needed edge

Mighty Blow is not banned, but it is limited.

A maximum of 2 players on any non-stunty team may learn to use the Mighty Blow skill. If the team comes with 2 positionals that already have Mighty Blow (a Undead team with 2x Mummy for instance) then the Mighty Blow skill may not be learned by any other player on that team, until 1 of the Mummy's has retired, or worse.

Stunty teams may hire as many positionals that start their career's with Mighty Blow skill as they want, however if more than 4 players on a stunty team has the Mighty Blow skill already - Mighty Blow may not be learned/taken by any other player/s on that team.

For instance; an Ogre team may hire 6x Ogres, thats 6x Mighty Blow. Because there are more than 4 players with Mighty Blow - that skill cannot be learned by any Snots. If the team has only 3 Ogres... then 1 Snot is able to learn the Mighty Blow skill.

Re-rolls have limits. This is too mainly encourage coaches to diversify when it comes to choice of race for the league. But also to help balance things a bit when it comes to ball handling.

Teams with 4 or more agility_4 positionals are limited in their initial re-roll purchases. They are limited to 1_Re-roll.

Teams with 3 or less agility_4 positionals are limited in their initial re-roll purchases. They are limited to 2_Re-roll.

Teams with no agility_4 positionals are limited in their initial re-roll purchases. They are limited to 3_Re-roll.

Stunty teams may take as many Re-rolls initially as they want to.

---

And thats about it so far!

Last edited by deyempe on %b %04, %2016 - %17:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
AdyBrooke

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested
thoralf

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Super 7 has lots of problems already. Hint: Necro has a problem when facing Prince Moranion, Eldril, an Elf blitzer, a catcher, and a thrower.

The format would need to be tested before getting lots of people in.

Last edited by thoralf on %b %04, %2016 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i would be interested too as it is now.

If i would run i would probably:
- Not limit the roster size, as it is not a good idea to overstaff, except stunties, which need it badly.
- I would ban learning the MB skill altogether.
- I would not limit the reroll as a function of agility, as agility can be learned after reroll purchase, and the resolution of this is weird. (I would probably decline the agility and keep the reroll, if forced to have one or the other.)

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2016 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly interested.

Jump to: