40 coaches online • Server time: 16:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2017 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

yes this is being worked on already.

Thank you very much!
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/help:EtherealT

I have made a fairly big change to Ethereal teams, which you can see on the link above. This changed is based on a few things. 1 making the roster more interesting and unique as its one of the least played teams, 2 buffing the Wraiths as they were too squishy. Av8. 3 feedback from the few people playing with the roster. 4 to make it a bit more fun.

The syreens were largely ignored and didnt fit a role in the team so were ultimately removed (you can keep yours until they are killed or retired like all grandfathered teams.

Also I will likely be giving the syreens a buff in the undead pirates roster, but didnt want that buff to move across to this one.

I hope you enjoy the new direction the roster has taken, and give it a good bit of play testing Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What about the Spirit Hosts on Von Carstein teams?
I checked the Von Carstein roster and they have AG 3 Spirit Hosts there, is that a typo or deliberate choice?
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

that was a typo, good spot. They are they same, but Von Carstein cant hire them any more. So a fluffy change and one to stop that roster potentially getting out of hand.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. With AG 5, A access and Titchy they can be good sackers, this is why I asked. Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

they certainly could, you hit on one of the reasons for change there too, lack of a role.

Though as they cant skill via scoring (no Hands) and they are av7 i suspect getting them a good set of skill is going to prove very tough Smile

ag5 titchy = 3+ in to a cage
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

So, that's basically the same as with Leap, VLL previously, right? Although, now they can get through screens more easily, but are easier to dodge past themselves.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
So, that's basically the same as with Leap, VLL previously, right? Although, now they can get through screens more easily, but are easier to dodge past themselves.

Unlike Leap, an AG 5 Titchy dodge can be rerolled with Dodge, that's the big difference.
Another difference is that now a Spirit Host can dodge several times to move through tackle zones, while Leap can be used only once per turn.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

yup same as Leap VLL for breaking in to a typical cage but better at moving around the pitch. Only problem is they don't have cumulative tackle-zones, so protecting your ball carrier will be trickier.

I will be very interested to see how this plays out Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Only problem is they don't have cumulative tackle-zones, so protecting your ball carrier will be trickier.

Diving Tackle on some Spirit Hosts mitigates their Titchy drawback.
For a half cage protecting a Banshee ball carrier with Blodge Side Step you need just 2 Diving Tackle Spirit Hosts.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Garion wrote:
Only problem is they don't have cumulative tackle-zones, so protecting your ball carrier will be trickier.

Diving Tackle on some Spirit Hosts mitigates their Titchy drawback.
For a half cage protecting a Banshee ball carrier with Blodge Side Step you need just 2 Diving Tackle Spirit Hosts.

yup, in theory that'll work quite nicely, though I would be talking dodge and wrestle before DT i think. or at least one of them. +av7 and cant score should make skilling them far from easy.

will be interesting.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

yup, in theory that'll work quite nicely, though I would be talking dodge and wrestle before DT i think. or at least one of them. +av7 and cant score should make skilling them far from easy.

I'd take Diving Tackle as first skill only on the 2 Spirit Hosts forming the half cage and would deploy them just on offence to keep them safe, as I do with my 3 Slann Catchers.
The rest of Spirit Hosts would take Wrodge for protection and Tackle for -2d blitzes on ball carrier.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe, go for it. Let me know how you get on Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Maybe, go for it. Let me know how you get on Smile

They are similar to Slann and I have a game plan for them, sadly I can't find matches in SL for the teams I already have, so for the moment I'm not going to make an Ethereal team.
I really feel the lack of a SL scheduler. Sad
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2017 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm odd. I never have much problem. Game finder's fine apart from a few pickers who seem to only accept monstrously unfair match ups. But there is only a handful of them.
 Jump to: