17 coaches online • Server time: 06:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As a note, basically, the rules you're quoting are laughably abuseable. Just because it's written, doesn't make it acceptable.

I've written an updated set of those rules, based on what we actually see in all the teams and its more like: if you have any agi 3 players, then you can have either 0-2 S5 players OR 0-4 S4 players. If you want 0-4 S5 players, then you need a maximum of agi 2 on your whole team. In addition you can have a single big guy.
Alternatively, if you downgrade those positionals to big guys (meaning, they come with negatraits, but not necessarily loner), then if (aside from big guys) your whole team is S1, then you can have 0-6 big guys; and if your whole team maxes at S2 then you can have 0-3 big guys. (In theory you could combine this somehow to have S2 Agi 2 players that allows 6 or maybe? 7 S5 players (which would have negatraits), but we have no official examples of that, so it's hard to work out what the actual rule is. There are a few SL teams that follow this though, so those are good guidelines.)
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

jdm wrote:
6 st5 players with GSM access and no nega trait + another high st player?

Absolutely not. You could make the other players on the team st1 ag1 and that team would be OP

how would you suggest I nerf it? I already took general access away from the abberations and am considering making the warplings 5226/5227 dodge/stunty regenerate, decay. M 60k
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine - agree your rules look a lot more sensible. Out of interest how do you factor in Chaos Pact/Chaos Renegades against this statement?

"and if your whole team maxes at S2 then you can have 0-3 big guys. "
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
As a note, basically, the rules you're quoting are laughably abuseable. Just because it's written, doesn't make it acceptable.

I've written an updated set of those rules, based on what we actually see in all the teams and its more like: if you have any agi 3 players, then you can have either 0-2 S5 players OR 0-4 S4 players. If you want 0-4 S5 players, then you need a maximum of agi 2 on your whole team. In addition you can have a single big guy.
Alternatively, if you downgrade those positionals to big guys (meaning, they come with negatraits, but not necessarily loner), then if (aside from big guys) your whole team is S1, then you can have 0-6 big guys; and if your whole team maxes at S2 then you can have 0-3 big guys. (In theory you could combine this somehow to have S2 Agi 2 players that allows 6 or maybe? 7 S5 players (which would have negatraits), but we have no official examples of that, so it's hard to work out what the actual rule is. There are a few SL teams that follow this though, so those are good guidelines.)

The rules I cited were for the prices mainly.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos pact have a lot of bizarre rules based on animosity, lack of starting skills, and overall low movement of players. they're rather complex, and shouldn't be looked at for general guidelines. (The rules I have do cover it though).

However with bb2020 coming out, a lot of hte basic precepts got thrown out the door, which is sad. so my rules simply won't have their place anymore.

@shiftyfly, yes, i realize they're for prices but they also tell give you limits on stats; and what you've done is push that too far which was never intended. if you are interested, i can send you the link to my rules, but SL in general doesn't follow those rules, and as mentioned bb2020 throws it out. however, if you're looking to break rule systems, as you seem to be, while still resulting in an acceptable team, my rules will be a better starting place than the ones you've quoted.
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2020 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok then, send me the link and I'll try to rebuild the team according to your rules. It may break them a little, like having an AG3 where I shouldn't, but I'll try to provide a weakness as well, like the player being AV6.
ShiftyFly

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2020 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

Bear in mind, though, that teams that "downgrade those positionals to big guys", are all tier 3 teams. And so removing negatraits (but possibly not loner) would make it about tier 1
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2020 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

no. my rules are designed to bring all the teams far closer to each other. Obviously they aren't designed to make halflings equal to wood elves, but they are designed to remove the concept of tiers. so even with that, you can't remove the negatraits if you have that many S5 players. That's not tier 1 - that's tier 0.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

When the rest of Fumbbl moves to the new rules, will Secret League also be able to move?

How do teams move to Secret League from the competitive division?

Is there any word on if Secret League will be able to use a black box scheduler?

What length of seasons if any will be used in Secret League?

Will secret league use the 2020 skill progression system of the 2016 system?
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
When the rest of Fumbbl moves to the new rules, will Secret League also be able to move?

Yes

Kondor wrote:

How do teams move to Secret League from the competitive division?

Me and christer are set to have a discussion in January about how best to migrate teams from old SLO to 2020 SLO, and how best to allow teams to transfer from other divisions to 2020 Slo

Kondor wrote:

Is there any word on if Secret League will be able to use a black box scheduler?

No. nothing yet. I would love to have the scheduler.

Kondor wrote:

What length of seasons if any will be used in Secret League?

15 games, though there will be no redraft cap, and cumulatively a lot more money available. which means teams could in theory start a 15 game run at 1800TV if they really wanted. Ideally with the match maker and TV based match making.

Kondor wrote:

Will secret league use the 2020 skill progression system of the 2016 system?

The 2020 skill system will be used. although I do not like the new skill progression we have to move with the times.
There will be Secret League options that do retain the 2016 skill progression. I cannot confirm this absolutely but there was some early discussion in CIBBL and BIBBL about how to operate once the new rules come in site wide, and it is possible one of those sister leagues will use all the new rules, and the other will use 2016 progression. However we need to wait and see what options are available to league admin, and also depends on how many league admin they have working i guess, as running the biggest scheduled league on the site take a lot of work. Running 2 of them takes even more. They do a great job though, and if you've never played in that league I would thoroughly recommend it. If you are in american times zone there is also SL America too which is a really well run league.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Secret League Open will (I believe) pay 20k per game and 20k per win compared to 10k/10k in the Competitive division. This is where the high amount of rebuy cash comes from.

Do many people want an influx of Ranked & Box teams coming into SLO though? Twisted Evil
Considering that a lot of SL races are intended to be tier 2.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Secret League Open will (I believe) pay 20k per game and 20k per win compared to 10k/10k in the Competitive division.

Do many people want an influx of Ranked & Box teams coming into SLO though? Twisted Evil
Considering that a lot of SL races are intended to be tier 2.

Yeah course. The official teams are compatible with sl teams. There are a bunch of them in the division already, and in scheduled leagues. And I think the most common roster to jump ship will be slann, a tier2 team. Also this edition has very much narrowed the tiers, though I personally think elves are going to be even more dominant in the hands of a good coach.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly so exciting to have a dedicated place to chat it up about SL. So much fun.

Having a good talk at the moment about the availability of cheap bribes or "bribery and corruption" I think in the 2020 rules and Riotous rookies.

In SL there are a number of teams that would benefit from these. Clan Skrye being one but also the new Troll side. Csnt wait to see what the 2020 ruleset brings to this special part of Blood bowl world.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

don't worry trickey, its all in hand. things will be revealed when I am ready, so far I have finished a 1st draft for 2020 edition, 2nd draft will be done in the next week or so. Lots for me to do.

But yeah, I am aware of all the new rules, such as bribery and corruption.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2020 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Garion.

All of this information is highly appreciated. I will certainly move Slann to Secret League open and perhaps a couple other teams.

I would love to see Secret League with a blackbox like scheduler. That would be the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks for the hard work.
 Jump to: