42 coaches online • Server time: 23:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I shall have a look at some point.

It's not so much whether they're on or off topic, more that it would be nice to have the custom leagues chat together so we can more easily see what's active and get involved where we like. That's just a touch harder if the threads are spread out.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I shall have a look at some point.

It's not so much whether they're on or off topic, more that it would be nice to have the custom leagues chat together so we can more easily see what's active and get involved where we like. That's just a touch harder if the threads are spread out.

+1

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Forest Gobbos av played en drawn a game
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know if anyone pointed it out yet, but the blue version of the Incarnate Elemental of Earth's icon is slightly broken. The standing version's right side is cut off and appears floating next to the active version.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm spectating a Clan Moulder match, the Rat Ogres and the Slaves are ok, but where are the Clan Moulder Packmasters?
Adding 0-2 Packmasters would be fluffy.
Theorically for every Rat Ogre there should be a Packmaster.
jdm

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to check the ball and chain rules for clan pestilence. If you block and KO/cas your own guy, is that a turnover? With gobs I was fairly certain it is (not 100%) but with these guys they can hurt their own side at will.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I'm spectating a Clan Moulder match, the Rat Ogres and the Slaves are ok, but where are the Clan Moulder Packmasters?

At the time I wanted to keep it simple; like CRP rosters. If I were doing a Stunty roster then yeah I'd like to see more variation.

Think of it as CRP Halflings and Stunty Leeg Halflings. Stunty Leeg has much more variety.

I don't think there's any harm in doing a more complex roster. With giant rats and a pack master. Hopefully that is something we could see one day in Stunty Leeg.

Seems to be all of this stuff was dormant, but now it's live everybody wants some input.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Don't know if anyone pointed it out yet, but the blue version of the Incarnate Elemental of Earth's icon is slightly broken. The standing version's right side is cut off and appears floating next to the active version.

Also true of the blue Incarnate Fire.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

jdmickleburgh wrote:
Just wanted to check the ball and chain rules for clan pestilence. If you block and KO/cas your own guy, is that a turnover? With gobs I was fairly certain it is (not 100%) but with these guys they can hurt their own side at will.

No that is incorrect. The rules are the same for both teams. If you hit your own guy and knock them over then you cause a turn over, if you injure a player that is already prone then it is not. This is how it is implemented

MattDakka wrote:

When they were first made they had 0-2 packmasters in the roster. I felt it actually detracted from the teams flavour/character. Although it is obviously a fitting positional according to the fluff adding a G access player to a stunty roster (like goblins or flings) actually detracts from the teams play style and challenge, the focus of the team is the Rat Ogres having 2-0 standard players in the team makes it all about them, which spoilt their fun and charm.

xnoelx wrote:
xnoelx wrote:

Also true of the blue Incarnate Fire.

will fix these when I get the chance, also a problem with a Dryad.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2016 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very sad that the flamers are secret weapons in the Tzeentch team. This means you don't get any second half fun like you do in stunty. Sad
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

When they were first made they had 0-2 packmasters in the roster. I felt it actually detracted from the teams flavour/character. Although it is obviously a fitting positional according to the fluff adding a G access player to a stunty roster (like goblins or flings) actually detracts from the teams play style and challenge, the focus of the team is the Rat Ogres having 2-0 standard players in the team makes it all about them, which spoilt their fun and charm.

If the focus is all about Rat Ogres it should be renamed "Rat Ogre team".
Also, if somebody wants a challenge and wants to play with a handicap, he could simply not purchase the 2 Packmasters, while people (like me) who would like to play a closer to the fluff roster could do it.
Clan Moulder without Packmasters is absolutely unfluffy.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %30, %2016 - %00:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Packmasters don't have to have G access. M only?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Been playing a bit of Clan Moulder, pretty fun. Seeing as they are obviously not meant to be a competitive, I think they are in a good spot. Upping the Rat Ogres up to AV9 would be a real nice little buff, as your rat ogres just instantly getting destroyed because they lack high armor isn't fun. The fluff for it wouldn't really fit though, unless you say they are wearing armor or something.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat ogre is a Rat ogre, they are AV8. Reality is there's no real reason not to have more of them. The more frenzy you have, the more of a liability. That said, it was never meant to be anything better than tier 3. Fundamentally it's a stunty roster, and fairs pretty well against halflings and goblins.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2016 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no problem with it being a stunty roster, but with it not representing properly a Clan Moulder roster (a bit like the Cyanide Daemons of Khorne not representing a proper Khornate Daemon team).
Renaming it Rat Ogre team and making a new, real Clan Moulder roster with Packmasters would fix the issue and wouldn't need a great effort, most Skaven icons are already made.
Packmasters with whips and mancatchers are iconic Clan Moulder characters.
Fluff is very important I think, otherwise why spending all that time writing background for the teams?
From the Clan Moulder page:
"Soon after Hell Pit was founded Clan Moulder started breeding their own Bloodbowl teams made up of Slaves, Packmasters and the mighty Rat Ogres."

Very Happy
 Jump to: