48 coaches online • Server time: 14:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a balance and fluff reasons. To be honest St6 was too much, the model barely suggests st5 really. Though I felt at the time the roster was first created St6 would possibly be needed because of the take root skill.
However after playing with, against and watching this thing for me they didn't need it to be st6, and on its day it could be too good imo.

He's still an awesome player imo. It is a nerf but the team is a really good one so it really shouldn't hurt too much. Personally I would always have one in the team, he's great value for money and if he doesn't take root he is pretty mobile.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, the changes listed in my last Blog Entry are live and ready to play.

The rules have all been updated to Blood Bowl 2016 edition also.

A few thing to note - Some of the changes will change your existing players stats. They do not always change on your fumbbl screen but in the game they will be different (as they should be). We do know about this but its just a visual bug only, so very low priority.

The Secret League Wiki is in the process of being updated too. So if you are looking there it may not be 100% accurate until the end of the week.

Some Icons also may not have been authorised yet by Admin so you might play a game with a green disk with letters on in place of a normal Icon until they art work is all authorised.

Thanks all.

Hope you all have a lot of fun with the new teams and for the most part the minor changes to the existing ones.

To JOIN IN WITH THE FUN
CLICK HERE and then click create team to get involved. Remember when creating a team name Prefix it with [SL].

Eg. '[SL]Teamy Mcteamname'

Then go on game finder to find an opponent!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

good job

Any thoughts on revamping the Northern Nippon team to make it more chaosy? or they are staying as is?

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
good job

Any thoughts on revamping the Northern Nippon team to make it more chaosy? or they are staying as is?

Yes indeed. For a while I have considered adding kappa. However I am reluctant to make any more changes right now. I wanted things kept to a minimum and I also want player art for each player and we are already behind with that. But certainly something to consider in the future.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Played my first Mahrak game and I noticed that 2 Golden Host icons have the feet cut off and the black shadow circle is cut too, the other 2 Golden Host icons are fine.
lonek

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Khainite Team assassins currently have agi3 instead of agi4
Garion

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

lonek wrote:
Khainite Team assassins currently have agi3 instead of agi4

Whoops sorry. Fixed that now.

Matt - the icons should be fixed in a couple of hours time. Thanks.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Played my first Mahrak game and I noticed that 2 Golden Host icons have the feet cut off and the black shadow circle is cut too, the other 2 Golden Host icons are fine.

fixed as well, may take a few hours for admin to authorise the new icons though

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I possibly should say - before feeding back and declaring X Y and Z is broken or OP please give teams a number of games, playing with them and against them, I'm sure you will find they all have their strengths and their weakness.

But most of all have fun! this is the aim of SL after all

Post   Posted: May 10, 2017 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Matt - the icons should be fixed in a couple of hours time. Thanks.

You're welcome!
Smile
LonGusBarbe

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2017 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hello

thanks for fun with SL

but why Bretonnian Squire change ?

Kick-Off Return, Sure Hands

This team is unofficial but NAF accept a different version
Now it is really different to play

you change other SL roster?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2017 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

LonGusBarbe wrote:
hello

thanks for fun with SL

It's not a modification of any roster, it is a different approach to the Bretonnian faction.

SL is Garion's personal project. Since he didn't quite like the "official" Bretonnian roster, he designed one of his own which he fancies makes more sense both in the gameplay and backstory side of things. And I must add that his rosters tend to be quite good on these aspects, since he is a great conosseur of the game.

Also, I think the old Bretonnian roster was just too good.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2017 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

LonGusBarbe wrote:
hello

thanks for fun with SL

hey Smile

Probably best to read the wiki with all the info on -
https://fumbbl.com/help:BreT

In truth - I really didn't like the Cyanide version of the Bretonnian roster. Did the NAF really make it legal? I'm not sure about that, i thought they were unofficial still? If they did then that was imo a terrible decision.

Back on topic though.

That semi official roster was too powerful at rookie level which was problem 1.

problem 2 is it did not fit the fluff of the region very well.

problem 3 is the peasants were far far too good for what they were meant to be. Having Fend did not fit. Fend made them parry attacks like a highly trained warrior, which they are not. Personally at 40k and with fend they were better than human linemen which is wrong imo.

I know the change is a bit of a pain though as it initially gives you 4 Squires which is wrong you should only get 0-2 but there is not way around this for me.

For me this new roster is much more interesting, much less powerful at low TV and fits the fluff of the region to a far greater extent.

My only regret is that I ever used plasmoids/cyanide roster as I always disliked it.

edit: and what zakatan said too.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2017 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

About Bretonnians: is it possible to reduce the size of the Realm Knights' icons, please?
They look like ST 4 players, especially if compared to the Questing Knights' icons.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2017 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
About Bretonnians: is it possible to reduce the size of the Realm Knights' icons, please?
They look like ST 4 players, especially if compared to the Questing Knights' icons.

yes this is being worked on already.