50 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sharkrudi

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi , could we not create a general ruleset that will appeal to the greatest number .
a ruleset with all the roster , tv 1000, standard and without any options .
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2016 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

All the rosters would be quite a lot. Wink

My view was this

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

lrb6 appeals to the greatest number. Everyone here plays by lrb6. If it were changed, some would leave, ergo, lrb6 appeals to the greatest number. QED.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this is about custom league DPh.

It's pretty complex and I must admit I'm having trouble keeping up with a lot of the talk. I think you really need to dip your hands to know where things stand.

Secret League is pretty appealing and Garion and Koadah and others a doing a great job. However yeah........it isn't and shouldn't be the all and end all. For example Cowhead's leagues are also great and his new asian college league is really appealing.

A lot of my stuff isn't in SL and is also pretty good (IMO).
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 01:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I did my LRB7 (homebrew) rosters just after Custom League was released. Had a few games played but I've not really pushed it.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I think this is about custom league DPh.

I wasn't sure so I decided to be cheeky.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
I did my LRB7 (homebrew) rosters just after Custom League was released. Had a few games played but I've not really pushed it.

This kind of highlights a problem with the OPs request. That you have updated CRP rosters. How would somebody know what rosters are what. Especially if other coaches do updates of current rosters (which is likely if not probable, if not already done).

I think it's probably best to leave Christer to do what he feels he should do, give that a go, then feed back.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

sharkrudi wrote:
Hi , could we not create a general ruleset that will appeal to the greatest number .
a ruleset with all the roster , tv 1000, standard and without any options .

No
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

That already exists, right? The basic L division ruleset, with CRP rules, 1M starting gold & LRB6 races is ruleset 6, iirc.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 02:55
FUMBBL Staff

harvestmouse wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

This kind of highlights a problem with the OPs request. That you have updated CRP rosters. How would somebody know what rosters are what. Especially if other coaches do updates of current rosters (which is likely if not probable, if not already done).

I think it's probably best to leave Christer to do what he feels he should do, give that a go, then feed back.

That's not what's happening though. Christer has done what he's doing, which is giving everyone the chance to do what they want. I don't really see the confusion. If someone wants to use the rosters I made they go to that league page, click the link, make a team and play against others in the group. Maybe I'm missing something. What don't people get?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So all these changes are done? https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=681627#681627

I don't know, I'm having trouble keeping up and I don't have the time to tinker as much as I want right now.

What the OP was suggesting (or my guess anyway) was that all the rosters were available under one standard ruleset. So if we had umpteen different variations of the Amazon roster, that would be confusing. Especially if (say with you) nobody knew what LRB7 was (in connection with you).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 03:08 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
That already exists, right? The basic L division ruleset, with CRP rules, 1M starting gold & LRB6 races is ruleset 6, iirc.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3815391

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5nF3VPABYE
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 03:46
FUMBBL Staff

harvestmouse wrote:
So all these changes are done? https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=681627#681627

I don't know, I'm having trouble keeping up and I don't have the time to tinker as much as I want right now.

What the OP was suggesting (or my guess anyway) was that all the rosters were available under one standard ruleset. So if we had umpteen different variations of the Amazon roster, that would be confusing. Especially if (say with you) nobody knew what LRB7 was (in connection with you).

Ah, no, those changes aren't done. They're more usability charges and tweaks rather than massive functional differences though.

As I see it 'all the rosters' isn't really a thing. There are near infinite rosters and possibilities.

You say that variations are confusing, but people will only come into contact with my rosters if they've chosen to participate and read the rules so they should know what they are.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2016 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's a lot of 'wiring' problem with this thread. Nobody is making much sense to anybody.

What you have just stated is the reason why I think it wouldn't work. Your stuff is fine in context (your ruleset). However out of context i.e. in one big pile of rosters, it'd be confusing.
 Jump to: