43 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I place a limit on the number of dice that can be ordered?
No – simply ask people to be considerate of others
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Yes – 1 of each colour per order or 12 dice max
62%
 62%  [ 51 ]
Yes – 2 of each colour per order or 24 dice max
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Yes – 3 of each colour per order or 36 dice max
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Yes – 4 of each colour per order or 48 dice max
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Pie
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 82

koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
If it were me I'd leave orders open for 24h, then allocate 1 set to each respondent in the order they posted (FCFS). Then if you have leftovers make another pass at the list allocating the #2 choice, and again for #3, until they're gone. I realize this could make orders complicated, and increases shipping effort. But it would ensure your goal: "to get as many people as possible a cool set of dice." But I promise not to whine about whatever method you choose!

I hope the logistics go smoothly. Wish I could help with it.

That sounds like the fairest but it it would also be fairer to keep it open a week.

Of course that makes it more likely that you will have to mail 100 packages. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

most tourneys in my part of the woods only allow NAF block dice.

I am still keen on getting a set so I can show them off in my tt league.

Also, I WANT SHIRTS too

good idea to help the site. hope you sell out and raise al the money
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

b4nshee wrote:
What exactly is a "set" in this case? 3 dice of one color or 6?

A set is 3 dice all of the same colour.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
fidius wrote:
If it were me I'd leave orders open for 24h, then allocate 1 set to each respondent in the order they posted (FCFS). Then if you have leftovers make another pass at the list allocating the #2 choice, and again for #3, until they're gone. I realize this could make orders complicated, and increases shipping effort. But it would ensure your goal: "to get as many people as possible a cool set of dice." But I promise not to whine about whatever method you choose!

I hope the logistics go smoothly. Wish I could help with it.

That sounds like the fairest but it it would also be fairer to keep it open a week.

Of course that makes it more likely that you will have to mail 100 packages. Wink

Ok, the poll is pretty comprehensive to limit the amount anyone can purchase.

This other idea is similar to something I considered initially but am wary of over-complicating things. I suppose I could allow everyone to put up to 4 choices in order of preference and then fill as many 1st choices, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th as I can. Probably with a limit of 1 of each colour but allowing up to 2 of black opaque.

In that case I'd only accept those orders posted within 24 hours (a week isn't happening).

Does that sound like the fairest solution to everyone? It means more of you will get some dice but few if any of you are likely to get a full set.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that is a great idea
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

brilliant
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Those look really nice and glad that we will have the opportunity to get some of the dice for those of us who missed out on the originals. I'm assuming that you will allow payment through Paypal?

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
chopa

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope i can get a set
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSpydyr wrote:
Those look really nice and glad that we will have the opportunity to get some of the dice for those of us who missed out on the originals. I'm assuming that you will allow payment through Paypal?

Paypal is a necessity, I wouldn't be able to deal with bank transfers or other payment methods.

See Q4 in the 2nd post.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Have added a Blog Entry with more details, feel free to ask for clarifications here.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy buy buy!

I'd like to buy some

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 20:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of things you want to consider when it comes to costs:

1. PayPal takes a cut. For a $20 payment, PayPal takes just over $1. This is normally taken from the "merchant", and depends somewhat on the type of account you have.
2. More PayPal: It may incur a cost to withdraw money from PayPal to your account. Look it up and make sure.
3. Buying padded envelopes can be expensive. Look around to see what options you have for this.
4. Taxes. You may need to report this as an income. This can end up being significantly expensive.
5. Don't offer all of your stock for sale. Things can get lost in shipping, which both becomes a problem if you don't have excess stock and will generate further costs (potentially another shipment if nothing else).

Not really impossible things to get around, but some of this stuff can bite pretty hard in the end.
fidius

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
I suppose I could allow everyone to put up to 4 choices in order of preference and then fill as many 1st choices, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th as I can. Probably with a limit of 1 of each colour but allowing up to 2 of black opaque.

In that case I'd only accept those orders posted within 24 hours (a week isn't happening).

Does that sound like the fairest solution to everyone? It means more of you will get some dice but few if any of you are likely to get a full set.

It's important to also state how many sets you will buy. If you list an order of preference but only want 1 set total, there's a danger you'll get allocated more than you want.

eg:
1. black pearl
2. red
3. black opaque
4. white
CANADA
*1 set max*
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
A couple of things you want to consider when it comes to costs:

1. PayPal takes a cut. For a $20 payment, PayPal takes just over $1. This is normally taken from the "merchant", and depends somewhat on the type of account you have.
2. More PayPal: It may incur a cost to withdraw money from PayPal to your account. Look it up and make sure.
3. Buying padded envelopes can be expensive. Look around to see what options you have for this.
4. Taxes. You may need to report this as an income. This can end up being significantly expensive.
5. Don't offer all of your stock for sale. Things can get lost in shipping, which both becomes a problem if you don't have excess stock and will generate further costs (potentially another shipment if nothing else).

Not really impossible things to get around, but some of this stuff can bite pretty hard in the end.

Some great points there

1. I did touch on this in Q4, but would be good to re-iterate that I'd appreciate it if you lot covered the paypal fees. It should give that option when it comes to pay and will make things a little more expensive.
2. I've not had that issue when receiving money or taking funds out of my bank account to buy stuff but it may well vary depending on bank and country so I'd recommend others check theirs.
3. Have already bought 100 envelopes and factored that into P&P costs. Any spares i can use when I sell models on e-bay next.
4. That shouldn't be an issue as I doubt there will be much profit, possibly a loss but will keep an eye out.
5. Can't do much about this now and will only be able to offer refunds if stuff gets lost in the mail. Everyone make doubly sure your address is correct when it comes to paying.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
spubbbba wrote:
I suppose I could allow everyone to put up to 4 choices in order of preference and then fill as many 1st choices, then 2nd, then 3rd, then 4th as I can. Probably with a limit of 1 of each colour but allowing up to 2 of black opaque.

It's important to also state how many sets you will buy. If you list an order of preference but only want 1 set total, there's a danger you'll get allocated more than you want.

eg:
1. black pearl
2. red
3. black opaque
4. white
CANADA
*1 set max*

That was one of the reasons I was wary of being too flexible. As some will only want certain colours and others only want a certain number of dice but be less fussed about which.

If that is the case add it to your post in the order thread and I will try my best to accommodate, no guarantees though.

Jump to: