34 coaches online • Server time: 00:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I place a limit on the number of dice that can be ordered?
No – simply ask people to be considerate of others
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Yes – 1 of each colour per order or 12 dice max
62%
 62%  [ 51 ]
Yes – 2 of each colour per order or 24 dice max
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Yes – 3 of each colour per order or 36 dice max
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Yes – 4 of each colour per order or 48 dice max
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Pie
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 82

Khan-amil

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

For paypal fes, depends how it is setup, if it's a «friends and familly» transfer, or inded a non «merchant» transaction, then they take little to nothing. My salary is transferred via paypal, they take less than 1% fee.

That said, with the volume of transaction coming in, they may lok into your account and take the appropriate fee,you'll know that later on I guess.
grant85

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

is it wednesday where you are yet?
are we ordering here in this tread or elsewhere?

thx
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

grant85 wrote:
is it wednesday where you are yet?
are we ordering here in this tread or elsewhere?

thx

It will be a brand new thread, I'll be posting it at 20:00 server time, so about 90 minutes from now.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Order Thread is up now and will be accepting requests for the next 24 hours.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the pick up I think it'll be one set each! Which is still awesome, of course and amazing work spubba. If people miss out and don't have originals I think I have a spare set I could donate for a site donation too.
Will see what happens
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The original dice were hand painted by the company. I gave spubbbba the details for the exact paints used so they should be the same or very close in colour. I can tell you from the set I have they are excellent dice and very well painted. This is a really great effort.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well demand has outstripped my expectations, with the red pearl dice being particularly sought after. Part of the reason I went with 4 styles was a worry that there wouldn’t be enough interest for the standard black ones. Looks like I could probably have sold 100 of those alone. Kind of wish I’d followed Christer’s advice and kept some back for e-bay sales.

The 24 hour deadline has passed so I am no longer taking any orders from that thread. I’ve started work on filling in the spreadsheet to assign the dice and hope to begin sending out individual PM’s to the successful coaches this weekend.

Updates will be posted here.

Does anyone know of a simple to use site that would allow me to upload a spreadsheet to it that I can update but others can only view the newest version?
That might be a good way of allowing people to check things are correct and the status of their order.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Does anyone know of a simple to use site that would allow me to upload a spreadsheet to it that I can update but others can only view the newest version?
That might be a good way of allowing people to check things are correct and the status of their order.

I would use Google Sheets. mrt1212 used it successfully in a blog of his recently. Not sure if users would have to have a Google account or not. (But who doesn't?)

On another note, would you recommend spraying matt fixant on the dice to preserve the paint? Thinking maybe the spray, then wipe off the main dice surface, leaving it only on the indented bit.
fidius

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
If you do decide to do another set (I'm confident the demand is there), might I advise you to just sell them unpainted? A painting job as dull as this one is an unconscionable waste of your talents.

While this is true, his project could be our only chance this lifetime of owning something painted by spubbbba!

Can we get signed authenticity certificates with our orders?? Laughing
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ouch I forgot this! Really would have wanted to order some of these. Was everything sold or is something left over? Plans to make more of these in the future?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
TheSpydyr

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I was going to say use Google Docs and then their spreadsheets, but fidius beat me to it. It't basically just like using Microsoft Excel, but you have the opportunities to show the sheets to the public. You can see good examples of this all over the website for a league that I run in the Cyanide game. Here's a page with some on it: http://www.gobbln.com/teamhof.shtml

Whenever I go into the Google sheet and make changes or additions, then it automatically updates on the website for all to see.

Spydyr

A DM only rolls the dice because of the noise they make -- Gary Gygax
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
spubbbba wrote:

I would use Google Sheets. mrt1212 used it successfully in a blog of his recently. Not sure if users would have to have a Google account or not. (But who doesn't?)

Thanks, have given it a go.

Very rough first draft

Bear in mind I still need to go through things in more detail to ensure it is correct. The PM's I send will give full details.

Colour coding for that sheet
Yellow = Last of that type 1st round.
Orange = Last of that type 2nd round.
Green = Gave no preference so I assigned the least popular at that stage.

Good news is that almost everyone looks to have got their 1st or 2nd choice and a few got 2 sets.
Only a couple of people missed out entirely.

Last edited by spubbbba on %b %04, %2016 - %22:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:

On another note, would you recommend spraying matt fixant on the dice to preserve the paint? Thinking maybe the spray, then wipe off the main dice surface, leaving it only on the indented bit.

I'd be wary of spray as it tends to be rather sticky so wiping it off would be difficult without staining the top surface.

You can get painted on varnish but that means you need a good brush. With the paint I was able to scrape off any that went over the edge once it was dry, not sure if you could do that with varnish though.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

So since it is marked my first and second does that mean I will be getting both?
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

CastleMan wrote:
So since it is marked my first and second does that mean I will be getting both?

It looks like you and 7 others got 2 sets.

But i do need to double check everything before I start sending PM's out.

Jump to: