14 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Late game fouling ok?
Kill and maim as much as possible, this is BloodBowl
48%
 48%  [ 78 ]
The other player has feelings too, he might cry if a gif icon went to the injury box, dont foul!!
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Total Votes : 162

Kruppe

Post 9 Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I am relatively new here at fumbbl. I have played in tons of tabletop games and we have our own league.

Last night I played a very nice fellow from sweden and he was winning the game. In my turn 8 I do my best to hurt as many of his players as possible, including fouling one. He is very surprised that i would foul in turn 8, and I was very surprised that he HE was surprised!

He told me it is considered bad form.

This simply does not compute!

By that logic is it also bad form to block the opposing players late in the game og to not score quick td´s so your opponent is less likely to earn spp?
Should we take turns letting eachother score?

Maybe we need the possibility to let the other team use our apothecary if he is rally sad about a casualty?

Is it EVIL and not fit for the world of BLoddBowl to target the opposing teams best players?

Untill the BB rules says that last turn fouling, scoring, intercepting or anything else is illegal, I will continue to do it. The opposing team is the OPPOSING TEAM, if I could I would kill every single one of their players.

If people really feel this way, they are sissies. This is a freaking boardgame. If you react to one of your "playing pieces" getting taken off the board, maybe you are not mature enough to play a simple boardgame.
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

look into the forums. there is a ton of posts to this topic.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Here, on an open league, where you may never play the team agian, it's bad form, but in a league I would foul on turn 8 if the oppurtunity arose and I may have to face you again... uh .. not 'this is Blood Bowl' again...
Winter_Silverfox

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

It have nothing to do with mature or not. The ones that oppose last turn fouling do think that its rather useless since you dont get any spp for foulding or have any tactical gains at all, if you dont play in a league or anything similar.

And we are here to play cause we enjoy the game, some like to kill and destroy other teams and some do like long passing plays without to much fouling.

Personally I think that turn 16 fouls are rather annoying unless its a foul to clear the way for a td. But if I do get fouled in the last turn I dont complain about it but I wont play that coach again since its not what I enjoy.
Doowa

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Gibbering_Gambits said it very good. Because you may never play the person again there really isn't any reason to foul him in turn 8 (unless it's a trategic foul to prevent him from winning, a 1 turn scorer fx.). You don't get SPPs and so there is no gain in hurting your opponents team IMHO.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all about the fact you get spp's for cas caused by blocks and not for cas caused by fouls. So it doesn't actually help ur team (does it help on the ff roll i'm never sure).
Kruppe

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

No gain? Its ultimate satisfaction to hurt another player! Thats all the readon I need.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an open league. You don't get anything from a foul on turn 16, unless you are playing a tournament, of couse.
If you're not, then a foul in the last turn gives you no winnings, no SPPs, it just angers your opponent.

Do whatever you want. But if you foul me in turn 16, well... sorry, but you will be on my do-not-play list asap. Smile

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
No gain? Its ultimate satisfaction to hurt another player! Thats all the readon I need.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

If wreakin' havoc is all the satisfaction you can get from a BB game, then do it.

May I suggest you to join Wuhan and his peers, and let them teach you "the way of the fouler"?

Forget about finding plenty of random opponents from that day on, tho... Smile
Not me, anyway. Laughing

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
Here, on an open league, where you may never play the team agian, it's bad form

If you foul him on turn 8, then you almost definitely wont play that person again...
borderline

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It's like they say, Kruppe, the calculation is yours to do. T8 foul and feel satisfied, and run the risk of not only not playing that particular player but others as well (communication u know...). Or don't, and have an easy time finding games whenever. And the whiners may be sissies, but if you know they are, and you still T8 foul them that smells a bit like sadism to me. And it's sadism against real people, not .gifs.

I'll still play Wuhan (just did the other day), and I might play you if u can promise to at least crack a funny comment when you T8 foul me, but a sordid, vengeful, poor loser who T8 fouls - that's a REAL sissy my friend...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a sissy!!!!

#jan cries for a while, then runs back home and tells daddy#

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with your, borderline
petsku

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

With friends we sometimes foul in last round and usually (always) opponent gets angry , but revenge is good motivation. And we have fun.I just try not to get too close friends with my players...
But with unknown players i usually try keep it quite clean because fouling and especially in 8 round doesn´t motivate them to play again..
borderline

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 11:09 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL...hehe...I'll play you Jan_Mattys Smile
 Jump to: