70 coaches online • Server time: 22:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+1
Yes
62%
 62%  [ 18 ]
No
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

xnoelx

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The LC finals already has a part Swiss format. 2 groups of 8 teams playing 4 games each, and then the top 2 from each group in a 2 round KO...

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I am glad that Masters switch from the pure KO format. Whatever it will be at the end, I am sure it will be better.

Thanks guys for your opinions!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
The LC finals already has a part Swiss format. 2 groups of 8 teams playing 4 games each, and then the top 2 from each group in a 2 round KO...

Ok, cool, I hadn't realized that. Still, why not go the whole hog and make the LC qualifiers Swiss? Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever the XFL tournament organizers will decide upon, I will accept their call on the matter.

That being said; I do like a swiss system. (I play enough tabletop to be familiar with the system). The trouble will be the scheduling in between timezones. US and European is one thing, but for the Australian members, it's even a further hassle to sort match-ups out. Especially in combination with other tournaments taking place... As long as that is taken into account regarding the deadlines, then at least trying it out sounds good enough to me. If it works, it can be continued, if it doesn't, we can always go back to the current system.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2016 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Short swiss + KO finals sounds good (not that I'm anywhere near playing in the XFL masters!). In general though, I think it could be very cool to convert one of the Majors to a 'World Cup' style format, with a Swiss/round-robin qualifying round, then a KO finals as usual. Would be kind of nice to have a second bite at it if you lose the first game.

+1
tmoila

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Best format for XFL masters would be Swiss style tournament, where teams qualify to playoffs with 3 wins and drop out with 3 losses.

With our 24 races (teams), this would mean guaranteed 4 rounds of swiss, with possibility of 5th round with 6 teams (where the last qualified team has to be decided with tiebreakers).

Then the 8 qualifying teams would play normal KO till the end. So all in all, XFL Masters would be 8 rounds maximum. With a chance for 7 rounds if there is no need for 5th swiss round.
 Jump to: