14 coaches online • Server time: 06:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested in a FUMBBL shirt?
Yes, no matter what!
39%
 39%  [ 29 ]
No, not at all!
14%
 14%  [ 11 ]
Maybe - Depends on style, colour and design
45%
 45%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 74

Wotfudboy

Post 5 Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone took the time and trouble to deal with wide-ranging demands of the community to cope with:
shirt style,
size variations,
shirt colour,
international shipping,
payment handling,
and coach name on the back...

What design/words would you have on the front of it?

My suggestion was:

Game of Zones
<picture of fumbbl dice symbols>
Blizzard is coming

What ideas does the community have?
CastleMan

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Something with the coach name would be cool
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just want the FUMBBL logo on the front, maybe the word "FUMBBL" or something.

CastleMan wrote:
Something with the coach name would be cool
This would be cool, but IDK if I would pay extra for it. Unless it was a sports-type jersey, lol, that would be about seventeen shades of nifty.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

We need someone to design a kit for us and get our coach names like player names on the back. Dibs on number 1212
Calthor

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

A FUMBBL shirt would be 50 shades of awesome.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there not sites that let you put your own designs up and then sell to the public? I seem to remember some shifty site copied the logo and was using it already.

Of course that means the site takes a hefty cut, but it does avoid someone having to do all the posting. I can imagine it being a lot of effort to lug dozens of T-shirts down the post office and then send them all round the world.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 21:04
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

We had a shirt thing once in the past with a FUMBBL logo on the front and a IRC style name on the back (e.g. <@Christer> on mine). This was a lot of work to deal with (I remember one name being misspelled for example, requiring more time to print a new one), and handling shipments to individuals was a nightmare.

The issue I have with third-party sites is that there's a tendency for them to use cheap shirts, and cheap printing methods to increase their own profit (they're a business after all). That means that the prices are high for low-quality shirts, even if I don't add a "donation" type thing on top of the lowest cost. That's not something I really want associated with the site, which is why I haven't set something like that up.

Merchandise in general is really hard to do well. There's a ton of things you need to consider, and a lot of work to deal with all the shipments. Especially if there are personalized aspects of the items.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I wouldn't really mind paying $40 for a $10 T-shirt with $10 print & shipping, + $20 donation or something like that.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The issue I have with third-party sites is that there's a tendency for them to use cheap shirts, and cheap printing methods to increase their own profit (they're a business after all)...

Good point.

My shirts are still good after a lotta, lotta wears.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2016 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually my father's job is to paint shirts. If someone creates a nice vectorgraphic logo in 1-4 colors (we could use some of the nice artworks made around) I can make them for you guys in a cheap price (+ shipping, naturally). I promise it will be a good quality stuff.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

@SzieberthAdam This is why I love the FUMBBL community... it all pulls together! We just need a FUMBBLer graphics designer to produce something that will not just look good but is able to be printed fairly easily, keep the options as simple as possible... and you just never know!

If this were to appear in reality, certainly we would need to take all of Christer's points on board, and if possible include a donation percentage to FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
If this were to appear in reality, certainly we would need to take all of Christer's points on board, and if possible include a donation percentage to FUMBBL.

Sure. I do not want profit on them. It would be nice to support the site by ordering.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
We need someone to design a kit for us

Excellent idea. Screw t-shirts, go football kit instead! Twisted Evil
gansus

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2016 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, i would gladly buy one shirt to support the site for sure, and i to show my freakiness, or whatever is the word for that Razz So SzieberthAdam's idea is NICE in capital letters. But if Christer has made up his mind about this, then, well, not much to say. But maybe you can talk to Christer and in a personal conversation you can show him this would be good quality stuff for members and that it would get needed money to the site.

Just my 2 cents
akuku88

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2016 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Three skulls in a row on the front and FUMMBL text on the back. Very Happy
 Jump to: