38 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Keothi

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2017 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuffle blessed you with a stat increase!

*Predicting that New Fish dies by the end of this Season* Laughing
Keothi

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

New Fish (MNG) after your game against Compare the Meerkat. Tomay, you let me down!
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2017 - 09:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Dhingo Initiative Conference LXVIII
Game 2: Tomay's Skaven "Compare the Meerkat" Image

Two St3 gutter runners, and a pair of nasty blitzers. This was always going to be a tough one. The usual plan with scissors on paper is to chop them up. It doesn't always work, but there was a fair amount of attrition in the first half. Despite this I found it very hard to get the momentum going forward, and ball carrier New Fish was forced in the final turn try to 1D blitz through a S3 gutter runner. Skull, MNG, a proper serious injury so I don't even get to whinge about Weeping Dagger. Perhaps I should have trusted in New Fish's new found agility and dodged through.

Half Time 0-0

The second half was a lot of standing back and one hit raids by both sides. In the end the rats made a hole, scampered through and I found myself on the wrong side of a screen. Desperation play #1, Little Cat B, 4+ dodge, 4+ dodge, 1D hit (both down, jugs push), -2D hit (both down, pow). Fail.

Rats stall, giving me Desperation play #2.

One of the first things you learn starting out (after the realisation that it's not all dice), is to do the moves that don't involve dice rolls first. I did this, moving players into base contact. I didn't for a moment think that Tomay would take the bait and punch me before scoring, more that if Desperation Play #2 came off I'd have something to hit on my Turn 16. This was poor play. Desperation play #2 did come off. 5+ dodge (fail), Team RR (success), SB Wrackle 1D hit (push/pow), rat goes down, ball goes out, and is hurled in field. Sadly I had nobody left to move in and cover it. Lesson learned (I hope), rats collect and score.

0-1 Loss.

A good close game. Ticked off another season goal too. Team RR PO Cas! Very Happy
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2017 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool journal, it's a good read
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2017 - 03:30
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: DDAmAge112's Skaven "Office Rats" Image

A very different prospect from the rats of last round. The Office Rats also have some very well developed players, but had been beaten up recently and have a lot of rookies too. DDAmAge plays a much looser game than Tomay, this occassionally comes off and I've specced some opponents get quite ragey when his gutter runners turn on the bullshit Very Happy So there was concern going into this one, but confidence that I could take it.

First drive went great. I knocked the ball loose, picked up, then (almost) outran rats! My knocked down ex-ball carrier stood to his feet dodged into the endzone (with RR), then picked up the ball to score.

Rats scored immediately next drive. Then it was the Lorax show. The big Ulf rumbled upfield scoring in 4 turns in the first half and 5 turns in the 2nd.

3-1

A fun game but not without its dramas. Little Cat B is a difficult berserker to keep on a leash. Already with Piling On needing a Team RR ("Save the SWLPOMB!"), he can be a headache. But when the Ref has been Got?, surely then I can rely on him to stay his feet. Remember what happened to Thing One? Little Cat B piled on the injury roll, stun became stun. Foul became Smashed Ankle (-ma). Apo became badly hurt <phew>

But with Apo burnt, then came a terrifying moment. Throw A Rock. It takes a few milliseconds to decipher where the rock is headed. It was hitting one of my players. One of a group in midfield. One of Gox, Old Fish, Clark, Little Cat B, Lorax, or a niggled dirty player lurking further back. I just knew, that whoever it hit was going to get hurt, and hurt bad.

...the Dreaded "Sploosh!". Thank you Zelf (RIP) <phew>
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2017 - 08:17
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: Fortis's Chaos Dwarf "Easy Mode Maniacs" Image

I have a woeful record against "Rock" teams - 3/8/12 going into this game. However, I was feeling more confident before this game than any prior Rock encounter. I had the higher TV - only the 2nd time against a Rock team that I had a >100 TV gap in my favour (250k!). No wizards. I had a bench. One Bull mng. And the opposition has a less than stellar record. This would be Easy Mode.

Yep, pride comes before a fall, and the Chaos Dwarf Blocker front row was a scary outfit. 2 superstars and a Legend - all with POMB (my norse team can pretty safely ignore the Claw). Backed up by two more MB rounding out the tight five. So there was a very real risk that my team would get destroyed. Plus a chainsaw and a bribe in inducements. "I'm going to kill that yeti" Shocked

First half Chorfs receive. Ag4 hobgob collects the ball and steps into range. Ulf GFIx2 for assist. Lineman GFI x2 for the hit. POW! Ball knocked free and the chorfs in trouble. Nobbla clears the lineman off the ball (RRed kickback), Ag4 hobgob stands up and collects the ball then hurls it to the Bull. Intercept! New Fish you beauty!
Dodge, run, one gfi to score. [1], RR, [1]. Ball hurled infield by crowd.
More hilarity ensued, until eventually the ball having bounced all over the halfway line was collected by Loarx, handed over to New Fish who scampered away to score.

Second half was a bit more sedate. I scored early to set up a 2-0 lead. And held off the chorfs to make that the final score.

And the Cas count? SB wrackler Old Fish is mng for the Zons next round, other than that we're sweet. Very Happy

2-0 (2/0/0 - 2/1/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 05, 2017 - 10:07
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: Wozzaa's Amazon "Cult of Monroe" Image

Amazons, Girl to my Boy, Dodge to my Block, Yin to my Yang. I was at a bit of a loss going into this game. Outnumbered, outguarded, and giving up a big wad of inducements. Maybe I should have a serious look at my bloatiness. Clark!

I went shopping for a lineman to even up the numbers, but with Roxanna hopping on board the inducement train (not Zara for Clark?) I indeed started with fewer players. (14 vs 15). So I didn't fancy my chances of smashing them off the pitch. However, that's exactly what happened in the first half. Zons couldn't Block, Norse couldn't fail a Dodge. Not that there were many dodges - just a few turn enders to run around and stick the boot in. Norse blocks were doing OK, and by the time the Trees scored on Turn 8 there were only 3 Zons left on the field.

All 6 Zon KOs returned by the start of the 2nd half though. And then it was their turn to discover how to Block. Gox suffered a pinched nerve, and a lino died. Add to that the two foulers needlessly sent off and the Cult had a fairly easy trot to the endzone on T15.

Two turns to score. Down the sideline went the Ag4 New Fish. Zons pressured well, but still a >60% chance to win it at the death. Suddenly Norse lost the ability to Dodge.

1-1. A good contest, with a lot of blood. 4 Cas for the Norse, 2 to the Zons, and 1 for the crowd (RIP Roxanna)

----

80 games in SWL. Am I improving?
First 40: Trial of blood, 2 seasons in reggies, 3 in conf.
14/8/18

Second 40: 5 seasons in conf, 1 in prem
14/14/12

I guess so, but I think my shot at returning to Prem next season is pretty much over.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 09, 2017 - 13:32
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: JPM's Underworld "Styx and Warpstones" Image

I'm an idiot

Very tempted to leave at that and move on, but without sharing there's no catharsis. And again, record my mistakes in permanent marker and maybe (unlikely), just maybe I won't repeat them.

Near the end of the first half up 1-0. Pressure on the ball carrier meant he had to dodge and sprint for the line. Dodge failed, RR worked, first GFI (of two to score) fail.
Ball safely destined for Lorax's hands what does the idiot berzerker do? Knock down the closest rat to the line - good, Break armour - good, Stun - good enough. Blood lust! - no wait!, Pile On - bad Bad BAD!

With Little Cat B on the floor the runner assist was easily cancelled. A line rat assisted the blitz on Lorax, and in came Horned Blitzer for the 2D hit. Extra arms thrower swooped in collected the ball, two gfis to score - this time no problem.

1-1 at halftime.

Piling On is fun, killing things is fun. I was very restrained with that skill for most of the game. But not when I needed to be. Maybe the PO nerf went a bit too far, but I like it. Makes it a much more tactical skill.

Also, Skitter Stab-Stab is an arsehole.

2-3 final score.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 24, 2017 - 22:58
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: Semitence's Nurlge "SWL Fun Police" Image

Not these guys again! I fluked a draw the first time we met (nearly pitch cleared him first half) 1-1, second time he ground me out for an easy 1-0 win (in Prem), this time there really was nothing riding on it - for me. Lose, I come 6th. Win, I come 5th. No danger of relegation, no chance of promotion.

A lot was riding on it for the Fun Police though. Win they make Prem again. The sensible thing to do might be to take a wandering apo, maybe even two. The Fun Police hurt people, averaging a kill and 3 serious injuries every two games. However, the inducement gap was a perfect 240k, so I took Chaney

One thing I enjoyed at the outset was the freedom to let Clark off the leash. So often Gox or Little Cat B are the primary blitzers and Clark just stands around roaring. But with so much Av9 around, Clark needed to get amongst it, and he did. I don't think he roared once the whole game. In the first half he KOed a bloater and an Av10 rotspawn, and Badly Hurt a legend bloater. 100spp! Then he was fairly promptly removed BH at the start of the second.

There were three blitzes on the ball carrier this game:
#1 Tackle Pestigor on Lorax. Needed 3+ dodge, 3+ dodge, 1D pow. Result: [4], [2], Team RR [2] - I should have positioned way better to prevent the attempt
#2 Gox on block Rotter. Did the elf BS to first get a Guard assist. Needed Ag4 New Fish 2+ dodge, 3+ dodge, 3+ dodge, 2+ dodge. Gox tentacles 6+, 4+ dodge, 2D blitz. Result: [3], [6], [5], [3]. [8], [6], [POW][SKULL]. Ball scattered to adjacent bloater and caught.
#3 Old Fish on block bloater. Needed FA 2+, dauntless 2+, 2D wrestle strip blitz. Result: [1] eww, team RR [6], [5], [POW/PUSH][BOTH DOWN]
So there was some luck there.

The biggest factor in the game was the ineffective blocking of the Nurgle. They outblocked me 50-31. Had heaps of Mighty Blow, and even piled on 2 or 3 times. But the Norse just took it. Gox alone took 8 punches and a boot and only ever got stunned. The game was a dicing. Semitence handled it really well, with so much on the line he may well have been raging and smashing stuff on the other side of the screen. But he didn't let on, so thanks! Smile

2-0 (1/1/1 - 1/1/1)

----

Another season done. 5th place finish. Will I ever get 50% of my season goals...?

1) Win the Conference FAIL
2) Don't lose to the Fun Police or Horrors (Wastepac faction rivals) SUCCESS!!! (1/1/0)
3) Beat Monroe, Styx and Easy Mode (fresh from Reggies) FAIL (1/1/1)
4) Win an individual player award FAIL
5) Kill or force into retirement a Star (>50 spp) not including one of my own! FAIL
6) Retire Clark FAIL
7) End the season with 6 stars (>50 SPP) on the roster SUCCESS!!!
8 ) Score a one turn touchdown FAIL didn't even try
9) Get a Cas with a Team RR Piling On SUCCESS!!!
10) Get a Stat increase on a player (75 games and only 2 stat increases. Come on Nuffle, show me some love) SUCCESS!!! - lovin' the Ag4 New Fish

4/10 - must try harder
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 25, 2017 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well played mate, I had a couple of keyboard changes but all's fair in Wastepac games. Smile
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 08:49
FUMBBL Staff

Bob Borc Cup II
Game 1: Bojoaph's Dwarf "Karaz-a-Karak Krakens" Image

The Bob Borc Cup, a mid year competition which breaks from the usual SWL format. Last year it was a straight knock out and I was bundled out of the first round by Dark Elves. This year it's 3 rounds of Swiss with the top 8 going through to a second stage knock out.

The draw seemed very kind to me. The Trees have never beaten dwarves before, but Bojo's are new entrants to SWL. I was giving away 770k in inducements, but wary of the 5 mighty blow players on his team I went shopping for two sacrificial linemen, and bumped it up to 870k. No guard? On a dwarf team? If I survived the mighty blow, I was confident I could take this one. if.... I could survive the mighty blow.

Morg, Flint, bribe and apo. It was pretty clear what their game plan was, take out the Norse.

A Blitz! kickoff immediately had me on the back foot. Morg charged forward and knocked out Clark. Little Cat B got his ankle smashed, apo failed. My players left the field in quick succession, but I was really happy with how I played this one in the face of such adversity. Within the space of three turns 880k of Freezy Trees man power had left the field.

The extra reserves came in very handy
2-0 win to the Norse. (1/0/0) to (3/1/2) in casualties.

and... pixel sadness

RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2017 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence. That guys a class act.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2017 - 08:47
FUMBBL Staff

Bob Borc Cup II
Game 2: DustBunny's Nurgle "Madness Mountain Misery" Image

More Rock! Despite having a TV 850 higher than last round's Dwarf, they had a lot less Mighty Blow, only 3 of them. However, the Madness have blodging pestigors, a diving tackler and this...

Yatulkurh, a Strength 6, Stand Firm Beast. His tentacles were sure to grab hold of me and never let go.

I was not confident at all going into this match. After the death and destruction of last round's win, I'd be happy to escape with a draw and a low body count. I went shopping for another sacrificial lineman, and brought Chaney along.

First Drive: Nurgle receives. Rumbles up field, blocking, blitzing, fouling. Clark was booted off quite early Badly Hurt. Chaney surfed a pestigor (SI, regen). But with the ball halfway into my half it was time for Yatulkurh to shine. The tentacled one surely destined to give wrackler Nink a nice big Hug.

"DOH!"

Lineman Nellar runs in to cancel the two bloater assists. Old Fish pushes a killer pestigor out the way with a 1D push. Chaney comes in to make the (hopefully) loose ball harder to recollect. Then in comes Nink, [POW/PUSH], ball bounces off him, then to Old Fish who in the pouring rain and 4x disturbing presence (10+ needed), catches it [6].

But Old Fish wasn't finished yet. Killer tackle pestigor blitzed him 2D, RR, 2D; Bloater hit him 2D; Bloater hit him 2D. And still he stood with ball in hand. A bit of stellar Norse blocking saw Old Fish run free and out of harm's way. 1-0 Half time

Second Drive: I didn't see myself successfully stalling so I played some elf ball. Ag4 pass to Chaney, 2nd turn TD.

Despite spilling the ball in their drive (good work Chaney), they did eventually score.

2-1 final score. Cas 0/1/0 - 1/2/1

Nuffle helped a lot, especially in the first half. From turn 3 to turn 6, 12 out of my 22 block dice were pows. The rest of the game was fairly normal in this regard, but the Trees boxed well when it counted.

A fun game. 2 wins, one more round of Swiss to go.

And I've lost my losing record in SWL. Now 31/22/31. Very Happy
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2017 - 21:47
FUMBBL Staff

Bob Borc Cup II
Game 3: RedMauls's Chaos Renegades "Egon Schiele All Stars" Image

Another rookie team, two games past the SWL 1300TV entry limit. No Tackle, no Ogre yet (10k short), no dodge. This should be easy, and that's why I was scared. He was going to bring Morg, and with only 12 Norse showing up I needed more. I went shopping for two linos, even though this would most certainly mean.... Ugroth.

I won the toss, but before taking my turn, Blitz! In roared the minotaur on Gox, push, then pow, armour broken Badly Hurt. @#$%!. I never use my Apo on a Badly Hurt, but this is a weakness. I would not give in to pixel love, Clark would have to face the chainsaw without medical attention. Gox would be back, and I would spend the next 16 turns in a state of mild terror.

After the intial setback, I made a few forays into enemy territory. Lots of sideways movement, not much go forward. All the side to side spread his players across the field, but mine were lagging too. Eventually a run up the sideline, and in came Morg, pushed the cage corner, GFI, and there it was. A Morg sideline sandwich.

This was bad, turn 7, options were quite limited. The Marauder to the right was St4. I thought about a dauntless block on Morg, but the risk was too great that he wouldn't be pushed. So, time for some dodging...
Old Fish vs St4 marauder, dodge 4+ [5], dauntless 2+ [2], 2D Block [POW/Push].
New Fish run! Dodge 3+ [1], dodge RR 3+ [3], dodge 2+ [4], GFI [1], team RR [6].... GFI to score...... [3].

A very lucky escape. Pact didn't score in the last two turns of the half. Half time 1-0

To get through to the next round I needed at least a draw. And I planned to make his TD as painfully slow as possible. This was helped by a pitch invasion. His LOS had 7 players ready to pummel me. 5 fell over - thanks crowd! Clark took two chainsaws to the face, before a third saw attack on the ground saw him carried off KOed. The norse managed to block over the blocky Troll, and 1D wrackle blitz the ball free. But it was regathered. However it wasn't until T6 that the Pact made it into Norse territory.

The draw was mine! T7 Morg cleared a path with a well executed 3D block...

The win was mine! 1-0. Top of the table. Through to the next round!
RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2017 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

FML
 Jump to: