24 coaches online • Server time: 01:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Endzone

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played over 1300 games on Fumbbl and didn't know this so my guess is that most coaches don't and would 'auto click' the catch reroll.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I always tell people as the blitz! KO result comes up. Pretty sure most don't believe me, but usually they end up having to reroll something else before the catch anyway.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I had no idea about it too. Good to know, i'll try to explain this in the future.

after all it is possible to "prove" it: it is in the bug list

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs

if you search the word "catch" is the 6th result. Better than link the whole discussion, maybe. I think it is enough to let the opponent believe you.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start letting my opponents know as well, so we can get the word around (right after I let them know they're a filthy luckster!) Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
kummo

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice that you brought this up. I've been having many blitzes recently. Usually i have used rr on some dodge or gfi, i'm not sure if i have rerolled catch attempt.

But now i will not try that knowing it's bug Smile

Will spread the word!
Kryten

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 19:53
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Make a page in the Help, make it obvious. Ask for help updating with the known bugs/solutions/workarounds.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
This is not a client difference. This is a bug. Coaches should not use a team reroll to catch the kickoff on a Blitz kick off result. That said - a lot of coaches are unaware and reasonably expect the client to get this correct. We tell coaches to click "no" for the team reroll.

so, if we inform our opponent of this, they should not do it?

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
Kryten wrote:
This is not a client difference. This is a bug. Coaches should not use a team reroll to catch the kickoff on a Blitz kick off result. That said - a lot of coaches are unaware and reasonably expect the client to get this correct. We tell coaches to click "no" for the team reroll.

so, if we inform our opponent of this, they should not do it?

Yes. Bug abusing is against site rules.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

...It would be so much less troublesome to just make it legal... what a bother
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

This x 10000000
ramchop

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 22:55
FUMBBL Staff

FUMBBL Rules wrote:
Client Bugs
- If a game is corrupted into a point where it is unplayable the game is abandoned. Both teams are allowed to continue playing.
- If the client does something wrong in the result calculations it is considered as an interpretation of the rules and the match stands as-is. This includes out-of-sync type problems which make the client end the game prematurely.
- Abusing obvious bugs for your own benefit is not allowed.
- All bugs in the client should be reported through the "Bug - Reports" system of the site.

A vampire ending a team turn immediately after taking a bite is an obvious bug. As the opposition player, how do you not "abuse" this bug? A very grey area and open to interpretation and accusations.

Another way to look at it is: if it doesn't break the client then just play on. Client interpretation are the rules. Now this doesn't follow the site rules above but is a lot more cut and dried. Some Leagues follow this way of thinking.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2016 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:

Disagree entirely - for example: it's one of the few ways you might actually get out of a blitz! KO event being terrible for you when shorthanded.

And I don't see this as comparable the to the BL bug at all - nobody in that situation has absolutely any power to "correct" the client bug. Literally all you have to do here is click "no".

[edit] We don't pick and choose which parts of CRP we want to play by in other parts of the game when it's possible to stick to the spirit of the rules, why differ here?

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it is an obvious bug. It only comes up occasionally and most people haven't seen cases where you can't reroll your failed dice (other than for example armour and injury). Also if you tell someone they are not allowed to reroll I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't believe you.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

And you would look weird if the kick off is blitz and the first thing you say to your opponent is "don't forget you can't use a team RR to catch the ball"

Usually the first thing I say when getting blitzed is "oh bolloks"

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2016 - 00:42
FUMBBL Staff

garyt1 wrote:
I don't think it is an obvious bug. It only comes up occasionally and most people haven't seen cases where you can't reroll your failed dice (other than for example armour and injury). Also if you tell someone they are not allowed to reroll I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't believe you.

You don't think it's an obvious bug when the client prompts you to use a team reroll outside of your turn?
 Jump to: