76 coaches online • Server time: 21:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
https://fumbbl.com/p/help?op=rules

•Abusing obvious bugs for your own benefit is not allowed.

For many people, this is not going to be obvious.

It is fair enough that breaking the rules should incur a penalty and that ignorance of the rules is not a defence.

But it is not ideal if the only penalty available is forfeit or abandonment.

Replaying can done if there is time, but it does seem like a waste of time. The whole match becomes a waste of time due to one slip.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Making the bug obvious is simple: a big message in the client popping up at start of every game.
That will make the bug obvious, if that's the issue.

"A team re-roll may not be used for any catch roll when the ball lands: however, players may use the Catch or Pro skill to try to re-roll the catch roll."
Chivite

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

if a blitz happens, and they have a chance to catch the ball, remind the opponent about the bug, no need to hard code it i dont think
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is: the opponent could not read your chat or pretend he didn't read it as excuse.
Midas_Touch

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i am aware and never reroll the catch , i also inform the opponent coach right away if they roll a blitz that they are not allowed to reroll the catch with a team reroll
MattDakka

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What if both coaches are unaware of the bug?
Or just one of them (the guy suffering the Blitz! event)?
Therefore it's better to inform every coach to be sure this bug will be known and not exploited either by genuine ignorance or malicious intent.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Making the bug obvious is simple: a big message in the client popping up at start of every game.
That will make the bug obvious, if that's the issue.

"A team re-roll may not be used for any catch roll when the ball lands: however, players may use the Catch or Pro skill to try to re-roll the catch roll."

It may be not much harder to fix the bug. Wink

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

In the meantime, I'll do my part, writing the rule as forum signature. Razz
Knowledge is power.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This was actually fixed at one point - but another client update reverted it.

This isn't something weird or completely unaddressed in the rules, anyone who's got a copy of the rulebook - and everyone "should" - should know this.

I generally inform my opponent the second 10 comes up at KO.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

This isn't something weird or completely unaddressed in the rules, anyone who's got a copy of the rulebook - and everyone "should" - should know this.

Seriously?

I own a Bible but I couldn't recite Jesus's full lineage back to Abraham.

Some people only play once a week, once a fortnight, once a month, etc.

I don't ever recall this being mentioned in one of my games. Maybe coaches silently declined the RR. Maybe they silently used the RR and I didn't think anything of it. Smile

If Fumbbl was only open to people who had memorised the rulebook, it would e a pretty quiet and eiry place.

If the bug has already been fixed once, maybe it will be bit easier next time around. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I always burn the reroll with a double skull on the blitz first, before the ball lands. Simple, right?

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
In the meantime, I'll do my part, writing the rule as forum signature. Razz
Knowledge is power.

For one thing, it's too long. People ain't gonna read it.

For another, is that verbatim from the rulebook? Is that allowed? Wink

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

Seriously?

I own a Bible but I couldn't recite Jesus's full lineage back to Abraham.

Some people only play once a week, once a fortnight, once a month, etc.

I don't ever recall this being mentioned in one of my games. Maybe coaches silently declined the RR. Maybe they silently used the RR and I didn't think anything of it. Smile

If Fumbbl was only open to people who had memorised the rulebook, it would e a pretty quiet and eiry place.

If the bug has already been fixed once, maybe it will be bit easier next time around. Mr. Green

Seriously yes.

This is as basic as "you can't use team rerolls outside of your own turn". The equivalent of you "knowing who jesus is" if you want that allegory.

I've had it abused vs me, by someone who absolutely did know what he was doing since he'd posted in multiple instances of these threads before. I continued as it was just an (S)L game, but frankly losing drive+match (it was in h2) directly due to something contrary to the rules of the game made the whole exercise feel even more of a waste of time than canceling would have been.

I would love to see it fixed again, and would not accuse most people of "abusing" a bug, most things that could be malicious are usually ignorance, but the fact is - this is a rather obvious bug which happens to come into effect on a rather swingy event plenty hate already, and this house rule would simply lead to a lot of anger and frustration from those who do know the rules

You might as well house rule team rerolls can be used on your opponent's rolls Smile

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest either fix this in the client, or house ruled that it is allowed.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I suggest either fix this in the client, or house ruled that it is allowed.

I will play elsewhere, as I'd assume will several more, when it is ruled to go counter to the rules of bloodbowl when it is simple to follow them.