56 coaches online • Server time: 23:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I went through the Ranked team list sorted based on treasury and of the 1200+ teams with over 600k in the bank less than 10% have readied after the EM implementation.
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

and that means? How many have readied before the EM implementation?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

How many of those are over, say, 2.25M?

It sounds like the way to do this is to implement it the next time a team goes into P-mode. That would be a partial solution. Make all those teams roll EM and then play a game before ending season.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %14, %2017 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
and that means? How many have readied before the EM implementation?

It means that to get rid of 'excess cash' from legacy teams you'd have to implement a way of doing so before seasons are even implemented if that is a major cause for concern. The fact that less than 10% of teams with huge piles of cash have readied implies to me at least, that either coaches are withholding the decision on purpose or seemingly are done with the team or done with Fumbbl.

We're theorizing about a potential negative outcome of coaches buying tourneys with bank and yet...a small % of teams that present the possibility of a negative outcome are even participating.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
How many of those are over, say, 2.25M?

37 in Ranked and 35 in Box. https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=1
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So we're looking at 1 season for 72 teams.

Once again, it sounds like the way to do this is to implement it the next time a team goes into P-mode.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
So we're looking at 1 season for 72 teams.

Once again, it sounds like the way to do this is to implement it the next time a team goes into P-mode.

Let lucky people be lucky with EM.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I read them, but I don't like them. 250k is too small a number, and an EM roll after rebuy leaves everything to Nuffle's tender mercies in a way that I dislike.

Well, hey, if you want a team to be able to hold onto 400K+ gold on rebuy...have to make their EM roll after their first game...Well, I love opening round of a tournament insanity, I really do. Would make it very interesting indeed.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I just don't want people to get around EM entirely. And the way to do it is to implement end-of-season the next time a team goes into P-mode rather than immediately for teams 35 games and older.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Well, hey, if you want a team to be able to hold onto 400K+ gold on rebuy...
What I really want is for a coach to be able to hover in the 250-290k range the match before a rebuy, so they can rebuy with that much plus their last match's winnings. A 250k cap takes all the fun out of maximizing your rebuy gold. 500k, though, allows for a lot of gambling.

EDIT: Oh, you're talking about a cap after rebuy, not before. That makes some kind of sense, but I think it's not a huge problem, it just means you need to brace yourself for low-TV teams bringing insane numbers of inducements to the first round of a tournament.

Last edited by JackassRampant on %b %14, %2017 - %19:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Yes, I just don't want people to get around EM entirely. And the way to do it is to implement end-of-season the next time a team goes into P-mode rather than immediately for teams 35 games and older.

After every game they have to roll EM with the harshest possible odds for their treasury. How are they getting around it? It's not on a timetable that agrees with your gut?
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
PainState wrote:
Well, hey, if you want a team to be able to hold onto 400K+ gold on rebuy...
What I really want is for a coach to be able to hover in the 250-290k range the match before a rebuy, so they can rebuy with that much plus their last match's winnings. A 250k cap takes all the fun out of maximizing your rebuy gold. 500k, though, allows for a lot of gambling.

Ok, there is a misunderstanding going on. You can go into end of season buy phase with how every much money you have on hand.

Iam talking about that AT THE END OF THE REBUY STAGE (The very last step before you ready your team for the new season) you either have to make a EM roll OR it is hard capped at 250K treasury going INTO THE NEW SEASON.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

After every game they have to roll EM with the harshest possible odds for their treasury. How are they getting around it? It's not on a timetable that agrees with your gut?
If your huge team ends season with huge treasury with nary a game played under the EM rules, you get to keep massive amounts of cash in addition to rebuying your huge team, and you can play 1 game with it with no fear of EM.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Ok, there is a misunderstanding going on.
Yeah, we were trying to solve different problems. I see the problem you're referring to. Every 30 games, Welcome to Ranked! will get a huge influx of free cash to spend on inducements.

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2017 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

If your huge team ends season with huge treasury with nary a game played under the EM rules, you get to keep massive amounts of cash in addition to rebuying your huge team, and you can play 1 game with it with no fear of EM.

And only one game. Cause then you have to roll EM before the next game. And the one after that. And after that. To what end does a coach play only one game, call it a season, rebuy their team and then avoid games?

I am not seeing a problem here.
 Jump to: