24 coaches online • Server time: 08:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
interested?
yes
79%
 79%  [ 58 ]
no
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
im not from any of the mentioned countries
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
its good but i have a suggestion and im going to tell all!
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 73

Kommando

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

well. i would support your idea mnemok (actually, that's what i first thought of when encountering the problem) but maybe the MVP shouldn't be removed to compensate for the possibility of the winner losing SPPs because the opp conceded prematurely. this would even remove the need for an admin since the teams could simply be ordered by the group owner to do some hire & retire to get rid of the cash in question.
Perox

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky for me all Dutch coaches decided to concede before the tournament started, so I can't get caught... Mr. Green

Seriously, conceding will not help anyone win the tournament. There is still a handicap table in place, and you can not hide bad coaching behind TR or ST...

Perox.
Mnemok

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
the teams could simply be ordered by the group owner to do some hire & retire to get rid of the cash in question.

Good idea!

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Perox,
Quote:

conceding will not help anyone win the tournament. There is still a handicap table in place, and you can not hide bad coaching behind TR or ST...

You can´t really mean that.

Do you really think that the handicap table is that game balancing.
I say buying extra rerolls or that one or two extra positionals is a lot better.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A:
+Handicap
+Better Coach

vs.

B:
+reroll/positional player

I put my money on A.

Besides, most of the coaches that benefited from concessions are already out of the tournament. I checked one conceded match in replay and it was obvious why it was conceded and not in T15 but T1 of second half when only being able to field 4 players or so.... Don't over react y'all.... Rolling Eyes

Perox.
Varkku

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think conseding players should just, quit their turns as fast as they get them not consede when they see they are losing.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

they should grab their cojones and play as good as they can until the end.. DAMNIT... Evil or Very Mad

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Play to the bitter end!... just like England did against France... Sad

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Dutch Death Dealers win their first match!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Yay! A very lucky win against the French Damned. Highlights include an assasination attempt on a mummy in turn 1 (badly hurt and no regeneration for the unlucky mummy), true Dutch weather for the whole match (pouring rain), and general mayhem all over the place with our (drugs-) runner Klaas Bruinsma scoring a staggering 11 spp for the match.
shlominus

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

this problem of concessions has only just come to my attention.

there is obviously no reason at all to conceed a game in this tourney. in the first round, between 2 guys of the same country it´s simply a joke. conceding in turn 7/half 2 is so obviously cheating that the players involved should be banned from the tourney/noted for fixing games.

if somebody conceded in half 1, or early in half 2 because he doesn´t see any chance to win that is ok of course. he gives the opposing coach more money, but deprives him of possible spp.

when i played leite in round 2, he thought about conceding early on, cause he had to start with 10 players and i bashed him good. he had no chance to win and conceding would have been ok. he also thought about his portugese mates who might like my mummies more without block skill. Wink i argued he would take away my chance to earn spp and put me at a disadvantage to all other players who can play full games. So asked him to play on. He did so, which i considered very sporting. (btw, he gave me a niggling so it might pay off for his portugese friends Very Happy )

a big huzzah to leite, some people may find that he´s a good example of how to behave in such a tourney. to all you cheaters, you are really sad ********.

ps: if the spanish were really the main cheaters in this case i can only say i´m surprised. from what i have seen in official gw-tourneys the spanish play very good bloodbowl. you shouldn´t need such low tactics. Sad
Parroco

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite surprised that here people associate the opponent forfeiting with cheating. I do think this is not right. Maybe before you say anything you should take a look at the replays. My opponent conceded at t1 second half and if you look at the replay you could see that even with the extra mvp and the money it hasn't been an advantage to me. I could have scored easily 2 or 3 td with my skaven and couldn't even score one. Now my gutter runners have no skills, is this an advantage? Do you really think so?

Please, stop talking about this. If you want to argue anything, look at the replay and talk about a specific game, please, do not include everybody in the same bag.
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Parroco, that is not what people are doing, there HAS been a large number of concessions in this tourney so far, so therefore it is obvious that some of them have been done, simply to give a fellow countryman an advantage, I fully understand that people are complaining about this, and the people who have participated in this should be glad that Rob has been very tolerant so far.

I find it low and ridiculous when people do this, simple as that.

I know, parroco, that some people don´t cheat, but simply dont want to wait out a certain humiliation,thats ok with me. But look at the nuber of concessions in this tourney so far, and tell me that with the teams ratings etc. in mind there have been more than one fair concession!

This is not en encouragement to everyone involved in this, to come here and justify their concessions or their opponents.

Funny how popular conceeding has been in this certain tourney! Hmm makes one wonder doesn´t it ???

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I see your point Parroco, but for teams that are undeveloped as they are here, the question of whether you would rather have block on a single gutter runner or an extra reroll, an extra gutter runner, a Rat Ogre or whatever is not obvious. Or maybe it is. And let's say you scored 2 TDs more. That's 6 spp. The extra MVP is 5. Do you still argue that you lost out because of your opponent's concession?

Knowing that one of the hard parts of having a new team is the lack of positional players (for many races), extra money is VERY valuable in the beginning. That a lineman has block or whatever is not likely to affect play greatly. This is why a skill is worth about 20k in the str formula while a positional player normally is worth several times that...

So, no, let's not stop talking about this. Is it cheating to concede in a way that will disadvantage other players? Maybe. Is it lousy sportmanship? Sure. Is it cheating to make a deal where one player concedes to the other? Definitely. The problem is that it's hard to tell what actually went on with less than a spectator having seen the conversation. (Playing in a way as to enable the opponent to get more spp than normally is fairly easy to spot in a replay.) So I'd say make sure your opponent plays for keeps so that you won't even be suspected of cheating. Be a sportsman.

For the future, maybe a threat of banning from future versions of the same tournament for concessions would work as a deterrent. But it shouldn't have to go that far.
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I hear ya Borderline.

But still amazing that people can´t think so far by themselves, its like a fucking kindergarten pardon my french.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2004 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

extra money is VERY valuable in the beginning

I think this is the most insightful statement in this debate.
I could have had three gutter runners and an extra reroll had my opponents conceded, not to mention the +2FF.

Cheaters, cheaters, cheaters.................so now I have said it.