36 coaches online • Server time: 13:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cedric19

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2017 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Helped by some really lucky dice, my chaos dorfes bashed those Dark elves of Malmir out of the tourney and head on to the semi-final .... like last year, hopefully performing better than there.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2017 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wellcome Blood Bowl fans to OBC Sports Broadcast from WARPSTONE OPEN Main event!
1st round is out the way and we have seen all the lottery teams go! Moreover, the only surviving Skaven team goes in this 1st round too...sad for the home crowd. Who is left? See below!

Meet the Feebles Variety Hour. (5-0)

Walpurgis 2. (5-0)

Painelf. (5-0)

Somethin' For The Weak End. (4-0)

Bored Supercomputer. (5-0)

Atrapados en el Tiempo. (4-0)

Hashuut Fanatics. (5-0)

Fallen Nightknights. (4-0)

Last edited by sonrises on Feb 21, 2017 - 23:07; edited 2 times in total
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Walpurgis 2 will be playing Fallen Nightknights at 21.00 tonight.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2017 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Necros prevailed, even though Woodies received in overtime fielding 11 players. Surprised Was gutted yesterday but after having checked the replay, I have managed to convince myself that it was just dice finally catching up with me, and not some massive coaching failure on my part. Wink And of course, my opponent played a very good defence.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

And it's on. Meet the Feebles Variety Hour vs Bored Supercomputer.

Come one, come all.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2017 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wellcome Blood Bowl fans to OBC Sports Broadcast from WARPSTONE OPEN Main event!
We have semifinals! Both Orc surviving teams kicked out by elf nations teams. Necros and CD complete the bracket.

Meet the Feebles Variety Hour. (6-0)

Hashuut Fanatics. (6-0)

Painelf. (6-0)

Fallen Nightknights. (5-0)
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish there was a reminder pm, stating that the Lottery was now available. I saved my team for a chance, but heard no mutter of the spot/ time to apply.

Jeffro
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

BattleLore informed us in Qualifier 1 via PM, but that was rather early (January 15th), long before the main event kicked off. I'd guess and hope he did that for all qualifiers. There was no reminder though when the draw was near, true. And those who thought abut it (like me) possibly didn't want to make a fuss, since less applications meant better chances for their own teams... Maybe next year I'll be a better sportsman and remind coaches. We shall see. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
BattleLore informed us in Qualifier 1 via PM, but that was rather early (January 15th), long before the main event kicked off. I'd guess and hope he did that for all qualifiers. There was no reminder though when the draw was near, true. And those who thought abut it (like me) possibly didn't want to make a fuss, since less applications meant better chances for their own teams... Maybe next year I'll be a better sportsman and remind coaches. We shall see. Smile

Kind of dirty pool isn't it Rabe?

He didn't remind us of anything, at any point. He stated that no games were to be played in between your end of the qualifier and entering in the team. I guess its another dropped ball.
As a person who had once won a lottery, they have made it a point to send out a pm to all people who entered the qualifiers, right before the Tourney started. They did this two years in a row (2014, and 2015.) I don't remember them doing it in 2016. Anyways its over. I would have liked to have the opportunity to enter in.

Jeffro
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, how long have you been here?

You know there is a lottery in the WO every year. If you were saving your team why wait to apply? It even says on the group page that the lottery will take place immeadiately before the main draw and states that to be eligible you need to apply to the group.

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Why so defensive? I think you both have a point. No need to wait until the actual lottery is about to happen, you can apply your team as soon as you're out of the qualifier. On the other hand, it would have been nice to advertise the draw here in this thread and/or in a blog. Well I guess you could count this post of Malmir's as advertisement:

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=700778#700778

But really wouldn't have been so much trouble to give an official confirmation to that, would it?
Rabe

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Kind of dirty pool isn't it Rabe?

Definitely. Can't and won't defend myself there.

And seeing your disappointment, I'll probably think differently about it in the future.
(Though I myself make sure that I don't forget applications to tournaments, no matter how well advertised - and if I still manage to miss the deadline, I blame myself.)

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2017 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm only having a bit of fun with Keggie, he's been around long enough and entered enough tournaments to know the score.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

On monday the 27. 2., 2130 server time, some little elves named after quite a good show will be the victims of my psychopathic killers , the hashut fanatics.

Here some leaked stuff from the locker room of the Fanatics, probably a state from coach cedric asked if his Guys are eager to play real classic hard bloodbowl vs the woodies.

"And yes, i feel lucky cas wise. To be honest, even if i myself am a handsome guy and ( more elven) coach, my dorfes have sworn simply to destroy your woodies. As they have done it with every team in the qualifiers. Your woodies might have some punch, but they think they should learn you a bit respect. Ours mood is between bloodfrenzy and total killing mood. So, i leaked this information from the cabin to yours and you feel free to do act as you want with it WinkWink"

Get ready specs!
Motskari

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2017 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Taken from the same PM thread:

"I bet you´ll think piling onin with that niggler twice!"

"are you trying to foul every turn? We sure will until Lucille is ejected!"

"We don´t really mind the claw! Just hold your tears when them woodies kick back. Smile Smile Smile"

"Your team is going to make me some nice E.L.F. points."
 Jump to: