35 coaches online • Server time: 18:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you choose?
+ST is +ST is +ST, dude!
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
Sure Hands
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Block
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Wrestle
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Dirty Player
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Hail Mary Pass
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else?
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Pixie Pie!
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone, another day, another skill-up thread from me!

Flirt the Pixie has rolled 6+6 for its first level up.

+ST will take it to ST2, which doesn't sound that useful.

Other double options include:

- Sure Hands, for ball-grabbing fun times.
- Block, for not-getting-hurt fun times.
- Wrestle, for sexy fun times, followed by getting-fouled fun times.
- Dirty Player, for dirty times.
- Hail Mary Pass, for pan-pitch fun times.

EDIT: too late for the poll, but it's occurred to me that Pass Block later paired with Diving Tackle could also be fun, if not the greatest option.

I'm likely to go with Sure Hands (seems like the most sensible choice) or Hail Mary Pass (seems like the most interesting/fun choice, especially when coupled with Diving Catch on some of the other Pixies), but I'm interested to see what you all think.

As for the other options, Block and Wrestle sound like things that shouldn't ever be getting used on a player who should be kept out of harm's way. Dirty Player seems OK, but probably a second choice compared to the above skills. Any other skills worth considering?
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really see sure hands protecting this player from strip ball all that often, and I'm not sure they are the players to carry/score with, although they are fast.

Not sure what to do here but shadowing coupled with later skills could be useful as another option.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

With Sure Hands I was thinking more of the initial ball pickup, rather than for protecting against Strip Ball. The rest of the team are all AG1, so Pixies are the most likely ball carriers.

Shadowing is an interesting option, especially coupled with Diving Tackle, but requires careful positioning to come into play - basing opposing players with Pixies is generally a recipe for getting a crisp 3db in their next turn.
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

60k ma7 ag3 stunty titchy DP??

yes please!

(probably surehands tbh)

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Jul 08, 2017 - 19:22; edited 1 time in total
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Block really won't do him much good, as almost everything 3ds him without an assist.

+ST makes him an 80k Halfling with 2 +MAs. Still a halfling, at best.

Dirty Player - 60k for a boot, about on par with a Nurgle Rotter or a Zombie of the same TV. Probably a better value fouler because he can get in places others can't.

Leader - 30k to add another RR to your roster. Since you have to field some pixies anyways, why not give him a skill that will instead help the rest of the team.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands.
Pick up reliability is great, especially on the 1ttd turn.
Since you have the pick up rr built-in you can use a rr for either the hand off catch/TTM/landing/gfis.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Antithesisoftime wrote:
+ST makes him an 80k Halfling with 2 +MAs. Still a halfling, at best.

But fling does +3 dodges. Pixies do +2 dodges. It's almost half of +ag too.. or 1/3 of +ag since passing isn't viable (stunty).

Id compare it to +ma 2heads UW goblin (that gobbo would be 90k worth and av busted tho)

I'd go for surehands for initial pickups (saves rerolls and allows you to use rr on some other action during same turn, equally viable on turn 1 when receiving or on turn 8 when 0TTDing)

Or dirty player (because ma7 and +2 dodges everywhere where PT isn't on way)

Last edited by kummo on Jul 08, 2017 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Sure Hands.
Pick up reliability is great, especially on the 1ttd turn.
Since you have the pick up rr built-in you can use a rr for either the hand off catch/TTM/landing/gfis.

OK now that did not occur to me at all. Greater TTM reliability sounds lovely.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You give him +ST so its now at least just 2d blocks against you instead of the normal 3d. Yes its expensive, and might not help much, but it helps a little for a team that need to compensate its weaknesses.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
You give him +ST so its now at least just 2d blocks against you instead of the normal 3d. Yes its expensive, and might not help much, but it helps a little for a team that need to compensate its weaknesses.

The increase from ST 1 to ST 2 on such a squishy player is not worth 50 TV.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

The increase from ST 1 to ST 2 on such a squishy player is not worth 50 TV.

I know how much it cost, and as I said it was expensive.
Still the team doesn't have much alternatives, sure hand is maybe one of the few nice choices, so just take it if you like.. but you will get another double on any player at any moment later on, so I guess it depend how far one want the team to progress, 3-4 surehands isnt that useful, at least you have to stop at 3 surehands, and its already mention that block wount help much, but +STR helps a little. Dont cry when he dies Smile

other choices is DP or kick or maybe leader, but all thouse including surehands inst needed on too many of the actual players, at least at -2d with dodge, there is a greater chance not to be knocked over, maybe not worth it, but is surehands for 30k worth it on a squishy player, probably not.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:

at least you have to stop at 3 surehands, and its already mention that block wount help much, but +STR helps a little.

other choices is DP or kick or maybe leader, but all thouse including surehands inst needed on too many of the actual players, at least at -2d with dodge, there is a greater chance not to be knocked over, maybe not worth it, but is surehands for 30k worth it on a squishy player, probably not.

I didn't suggest to have 3 Sure Hands players, I suggested to take Sure Hands on 1 Pixie.
Given that scoring in 1 turn is gamechanging, that Sure Hands increases the odds and it's generally useful at every Kick Off yes, it's worth 30k on such a squishy player.
A squishy player should never be hit, I would not rely on ST 2 to protect a Pixie, how many times are you going to risk a block to use your ST 2? Also, without Block (that requires another double) ST 2 is not such great protection anyway compared to its TV cost.
I simply keep the ball carrier Pixie always protected or away from danger, not that hard with MA 7, Dodge, Titchy and with some screening too.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

I didn't suggest to have 3 Sure Hands players,

and I never said you did

MattDakka wrote:

A squishy player should never be hit, I would not rely on ST 2 to protect a Pixie, how many times are you going to risk a block to use your ST 2? Also, without Block (that requires another double) ST 2 is not such great protection anyway compared to its TV cost.
I simply keep the ball carrier Pixie always protected or away from danger, not that hard with MA 7, Dodge, Titchy and with some screening too.

OK, but what about attacking, with +STR he is suddenly 2 pixies, and 1 pixie away from getting a 1D vs a STR3 player.
After all they are the guys with best mobility.
Add guard on another and suddenly you can cagebreak, options are more not less in my view
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:

OK, but what about attacking, with +STR he is suddenly 2 pixies, and 1 pixie away from getting a 1D vs a STR3 player.
After all they are the guys with best mobility.
Add guard on another and suddenly you can cagebreak, options are more not less in my view

Take Break Tackle on 1-2 Woad Berserkers, you will have mobility and strength for less TV, not to mention Frenzy and G access for better knock down chances.
Also, Albion can score quite easily in 2 turns or even 1 turn, if you have Sure Hands, so on defence you need to put some pressure, if your opponent scores on turn 7-8 you still have a decent shot at the equalizer TD.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2017 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

what would you take if you had surehands (and maybe block) on 1 other guy and rolled 6+6 ? on the pixie?
You would still go DP or something?
 Jump to: