37 coaches online • Server time: 12:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So BB2 is finally being finished, with 8 races being added with Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition. This brings the total # of teams to 24 (no pact or khorne, but including Brets & Underworld, and with Kislev as reskinned Slann). It'll be priced as a big DLC (20 euros maybe?) for existing BB2 coaches (which gets you the 8 races), and as a full price game for new coaches (which gets you all 24 races).
It WILL have some very cool options, including a team editor that will let you create teams complete with SPPs and injuries (allowing imported TT/FUMBBL/BB1 teams) and a match editor allowing hybrid TT/BB2 leagues. You can watch a 10-minute video describing the changes here.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

"a match editor allowing hybrid TT/BB2 leagues."

Damn, son.
kummo

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it would even allow something like draft leagues to work quite well.

Not sure if something as complex as DLE would be migrateable (would need to have players with 1-5 skills/stat+'s but with 0 spp.. not sure if editor bends that way).

And it would need another site where all needed info is (like draftable players.. possibly also tournament schedules, records, league tables etc).

Also we don't know if any special rules about ball, stunties (right stuff > tackle) or po is possible to fix (so leagues like Hubba/Hubba 2 and Survival Leagues are not migrateable unless rulechanges are allowed).

But it seems like it's finally worth to jump from BB1 Chaos Edition to BB2 LE

(Personally still gonna play in fumbble.. i'd like to fill grids and continue to play leagues i have joined) Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

They've always talked a good game, Cyanide, and then their delivery has let them down. I hope for those that play there the release fulfils the potential.
sonrises

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

@goo

Looks like the Cyanide player base is quite excited about it this time...

check this...You tube video
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've read some stuff around including some below the line commenters being very excited, and I'm hopeful on their behalf that this is better than what they've had to put up with so far. There are certainly some interesting features being talked about which could be quite exciting. But you know how it is, not just with Cyanide but with video games in general; developer says things, superfans / streamers wet themselves, hype train builds, then the delivery in reality can be anything of any quality level. Touch wood they nail it this time, but I'm a sceptic based on previous performance.

Thanks for the link, but I don't think BB2 YouTubes are for me. Tends to make my eyes bleed a touch, and I always mute streams I watch of other games anyway. Wink
Strider84

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the summary. If they get all this done by December I'd be surprised. but let's hope for it. But Sage, please, lose the beard!! you're not a Longbeard, right?
straume

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, Purplegoo. What a cynic Wink

Not even an inch of enthusiasm for the Slann/Kislev thingy?

I agree, of course, that a "wait and se what they actually do" is a good approach to life in general. But they do say all the rights things here. Races, star players, lobby, swiss resurrection, admin tools.

I guess I will just take the small joy and wet myself a little. Smile
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that was enthusiasm!

As you'll know from your study of ancient scholars: Duffman says a lot of things. Wink

I genuinely hope they smash it out of the park for all the people that play there.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Will BB2 update the ruleset (season, d3 MVP, Gutter Runner Weeping Dagger, Piling On removal/nerf etc.)?

As an aside, how is the Kislev roster?
It's like the Secret League one, or different?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like the Kislev roster is just the Slann roster renamed and with different sprites (or whatever you call them nowadays in 3D land).

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe as of now, there don't seem to be plans to update the ruleset to align with BB2016, at least, not from what I've seen?

Also, it seems the Kislev big guy will be a bear with a chain around his neck, I presume that will be the "prehensile tail" that the Slann Krox has.
mekutata

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't they like Slann?
But nice to see Goblins coming in, also like the idea to buy bribes for the teamroster. But will this only be a thing for random match making?

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the big guy of Kislev will be different than Krox (linos and positional have slann skills and accesses).

Chain is representing that someone needs to walk the bear (really stupid)

No tail

(So i heard.. i think we would need to wait for confirm).

They said that it will come during summer but i believe that septemper is closer.

mekutata wrote:
Why don't they like Slann?

GW doesn't like slann.. makers seem to like.. so they circled around it.

And the change to big guy can be something about copyrights.. they don't want completely copy slann.
licker

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2017 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically summer ends on September 22nd...

Smile

:edit: even more technically, the start and end for summer are not universally fixed, obviously, if you consider northern/southern hemispheres for example
 Jump to: