45 coaches online • Server time: 13:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Averland Jones hacked and slashed his way through the thick, overgrown jungle trail, already weary of the rancid stench of the half orc gang that were accompanying him. Gazing again at the crudely-drawn map that the Dwarven rune peddler outside the Blood Bowl stadium had given him, he knew that the entrance to the ruined temple must be very close.

Suddenly, the trail gave way into a shadowy clearing, nestled in a small cleft in the side of the deep, overgrown valley. The entrance was just as Marcus Toady had described – ancient Slann sandstone construction, possibly even dating back to the days of the third spawning.

Averl motioned to Steve Dramdruc, one of the burly half orcs, to follow him as he entered the ancient ruin. Slowly, but surely, the pair inched their way meticulously through the labyrinth of dank passageways, going deeper and deeper into the subterranean structure. Averl was forced to use his innate cunning on more than one occasion to evade deadly booby traps and venomous snakes (snakes! I hate snakes!).

Eventually, the pair arrive at what seems to be the central chamber of the temple. On a raised plinth in the middle of the room, gleaming as if it had been polished only this morning, sat the Sacred Idol of Potzipanzi. Steve rushed forward eagerly to take it, but Averl held him back.

“Wait! Not so fast! You don’t really think it’s going to be that easy, do you lugnut?” said Jones. “Hmm. I don’t suppose you have anything that weighs about the same as that statue, do you?”

“Err … I gotz dis ‘ere blud bowl ball …” says Steve, holding aloft an inflated pigskin.

“Well now ... yes … that might do it.”

Averl takes the football and tries to gauge its weight as he eyes the idol on the plinth. He slowly and carefully edges his way closer to it, deftly avoiding several subtle pressure plates in the floor, as he casually passes the ball from one hand to the other. As he reaches the plinth, he pauses for a few seconds. As he focuses intently on the small golden statue, a bead of sweat runs down his brow. Then, with incredible slight of hand, Averl slides the statue off of the plinth, whilst seamlessly replacing it with the football.

He grins with satisfaction as he turns round slowly and holds the statue up to show Steve. However, as he does so, he hears the sound of footsteps behind him. “Crap!”, he exclaims, and as he turns back to the plinth, a wiry human in a black and white striped shirt jumps out of the shadows and blows a loud whistle. As he does so, a stone door on the other side of the room slides open and out bursts an enormous, monstrous beast, that looks somewhat like a giant, mutated rat. The beast, roaring and bellowing, rushes forward and smashes through the plinth, as it rushes towards Averland Jones.

Within a split second, Averl is racing for the exit. As he does so, he hurriedly looks behind and yells to his orcish companion:

“Run!!”

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

By virtue of being the first coach to draw the 'Gromskull's Exploding Runes' special play card this season, Sinnyil and his half orcs have uncovered the legendary Sacred Idol of Potzipanzi!:

Congrats to Sinnyil!

Here's how this is going to work: the sacred idol grants +2 to the season score of the team that holds it at the end of the season. However, if any team beats the current holder and scores either 2 or more TDs more than them and/or 2 or more casualties more than them, then they steal the artifact. So, 'Alf da orc ya used ter be' are the current holders for now - let's see if they can hold onto it until the end of the season!

I've started this thread to keep track of who has the artifact and I'll update it if there are any changes.

Bullroarer4

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2017 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Knights of the Precious Blood claim the Idol as spoils of battle after defeating The Half-Orcs in this match.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2017 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Knights of the Precious Blood have the sacred idol in their possession, for now. Let's see if anyone can wrestle it from them before the end of the season! Wink

Also, there are rumors afoot of another mysterious artifact, near the Western coast of Lustria (as soon as I can find a bit of time ..) Smile

Jump to: