14 coaches online • Server time: 06:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So as per CRP rules, you have to move first to a new sqaure and then roll the dice, when GFI.

So when a Ball & Chain GFI, it has to move first, then maybe block and then roll for GFI.

But the clint rolls the GFI before the move to a new sqaure.

Ever going to be fixed?
Duckwing

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This happened to me in my match now. Very irritating.
Please please please fix it?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious: To me this sounds like the correct order. First roll the GFI before throwing the block, just like on a blitz.

Did a quick search in the rulebook and did not find anything about this being different for the Ball & Chain. Where is that stated?

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2017 - 22:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:

Ever going to be fixed?

not unless you or someone else adds it to the bugs list
https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs

I'm not convinced it's a bug though.
Duckwing

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

When a player GFI he first moves to a new square and then rolls to see if he makes it. If he fails the GFI he falls over in the square he was moving to, not the one he was leaving. In the case of a player with Ball and chain he throws a block against any player in the square he moves into, but he should still move into the new square before rolling the GFI (it's not a blitz, so the rules for treating GFI when trying to throw a block during a blitz does not apply).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 01:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

here is the NAF's take on it:
http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/rules/clarifications/#15

they agree with the OP
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's treated like a GFI on a blitz. On a blitz, you have to 'use' a point of movement to make the block. So, if you are out of movement, you have to roll for a GFI before the block happens to see if you have a point of movement to use for the block.

So, the B&C + GFI is the correct order. GFI to see if you have the movement point to use. Then use it to move. if you have to move into a player, thus block that player, make the block.then move to that square (unless you fall down or they have stand firm).

edit: I don't really agree with the NAF ruling there..but I can see that argument

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Xeterog wrote:
It's treated like a GFI on a blitz. On a blitz, you have to 'use' a point of movement to make the block. So, if you are out of movement, you have to roll for a GFI before the block happens to see if you have a point of movement to use for the block.

So, the B&C + GFI is the correct order. GFI to see if you have the movement point to use. Then use it to move. if you have to move into a player, thus block that player, make the block.then move to that square (unless you fall down or they have stand firm).

edit: I don't really agree with the NAF ruling there..but I can see that argument

I don't see how you can interpret the wording of the rules other than how the naf have, tbh.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The NAF interpretation is the BBRC one. But it is counter-intuitive, granted.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bakunin wrote:
So as per CRP rules, you have to move first to a new sqaure and then roll the dice, when GFI.

So when a Ball & Chain GFI, it has to move first, then maybe block and then roll for GFI.

Ever going to be fixed?

It certainly isn't the tone nor the place to bring this up. If it's a bug report it using the proper channels as suggested.

And this way of demanding fixes is irritating. Remember this is a free to play site with no publicity and supported by volunteer work, especially that of 2 persons, who put in countless hours with little gain, and the community.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
Just curious: To me this sounds like the correct order. First roll the GFI before throwing the block, just like on a blitz.

Did a quick search in the rulebook and did not find anything about this being different for the Ball & Chain. Where is that stated?

It's similar to the dodge and GFI question. You roll the dodge first to leave the square, then the GFI to enter the new one. On a fail you fall over to the same place.

Normally no big deal which order you roll in (but not always), but the majority of people do it the wrong way around and announce 'GFI first'.

Edit: I don't know how the client handles this, just talking about how it usually goes down on TT in my experience.

Last edited by Purplegoo on %b %22, %2017 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:
The NAF interpretation is the BBRC one. But it is counter-intuitive, granted.

You just have to read the rules:

GFI rule:

"Roll a D6 for the player after he has moved each extra square. On a roll of 1 the player trips up and is Knocked Down in the square that he moved to. Roll to see if he was injured (see page 11). On any other roll the player moves without mishap. If the player is Knocked Down then his team suffers a turnover and their turn ends immediately."

Last edited by Bakunin on %b %22, %2017 - %11:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Bakunin wrote:

Ever going to be fixed?

It certainly isn't the tone nor the place to bring this up. If it's a bug report it using the proper channels as suggested.

And this way of demanding fixes is irritating. Remember this is a free to play site with no publicity and supported by volunteer work, especially that of 2 persons, who put in countless hours with little gain, and the community.

What do you mean by this?

This is not so much a bug, but the rules is being implemented wrong (fact) - So how do you go about changing it, other then getting some hype about it here on a thread.

But will gladly submit a bug report, but need to convince the powers that be on fumbbl, that this is the correct understanding of the rules.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's just a (likely accidental) tonal thing, words on forums are hard. If you submit the bug report there is (iirc) a voting system and the top issues get looked at first. Worth checking it's not already there.
Bakunin

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2017 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Duckwing made one: https://fumbbl.com/p/bugs?id/91

Lets up vote it.
 Jump to: