25 coaches online • Server time: 03:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild Eyed Speculation (Now that EM is functional):

If you have expensive base cost players and don't win with regularity to get a steady stream of cash you will be in hell when your 120k TV base cost player is permed or worse. Or you suffer two expensive replacement perms or RIPs in a single game or back to back games with perm/rips (and this will happen to every coach but coaches that win regularly will be able to replace faster and have a more manageable cash situation overall).

Maybe this will encourage more pixel hugging?
Maybe more play with permed players?
More riding on the backs of Journeymen and abuse not being conceivable in the meta given the incentives.

Ogres even more unplayable?

Last edited by mrt1212 on %b %21, %2017 - %05:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I just rolled. Lost 310k. Now my PE will be in trouble the moment someone goes down. Yay.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Who has lost the most money so far?

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

first roll lost 1180 K lol

Last edited by jorj on %b %21, %2017 - %04:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there people bobbing their kecks about readying their teams?

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have more than 290,000 gps in your Treasury I suggest to buy/discard rrs and buy and fire a.coaches/cheerleaders in order to trim the Tresury down exactly to 290,000 before rolling the Expensive Mistakes.
This way you should have still a decent amount of gold after the Expensive Mistakes check.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %21, %2017 - %04:%Mar; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If you have more than 290,000 gps in your Treasury I suggest to buy/discard rrs and buy and fire a.coaches/cheerleaders in order to trim the Tresury down exactly to 290,000 before rolling the Expensive Mistakes.
This way you should have still a decent amount of gold after the Expensive Mistakes check.

*sigh*

All my bash teams avoided any penalty at all. Even bought an Orc lineman. Probably should have got a Troll. Useless bastard that he is.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:32 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I kind of sort of like about the new rules is that you roll to remove Niggles between seasons: 4+ with no apo, 3+ with. So maybe you're keeping Niggles, depending on length of season. Obviously in our case it won't matter in the perpetual leagues unless/until seasons come in.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
One thing I kind of sort of like about the new rules is that you roll to remove Niggles between seasons: 4+ with no apo, 3+ with. So maybe you're keeping Niggles, depending on length of season. Obviously in our case it won't matter in the perpetual leagues unless/until seasons come in.

Not in yet, not pertinent. Wink
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Yeah I did this for all and it's fine. Ironically none of the (previously rich) bash teams were hit hard at all really, and it was the lizards, elves, frogs (who were all under 300k anyway) etc who all rolled 1s!

Oh and I swore I would never ever have one of these on a roster even temporarily, but what the hell...

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11707157

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 04:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You have even more incentive to replace positionals and have treasury for positionals given the MVP rules making time to replace shorter than previous.

Expensive mistakes is so apropos.
Zed

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost 3.1 millions on a 6 with Left my heart....

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

smallkosp lost over 6 million on a 2 roll. Now to hold my breath while I wait for sympathy Smile
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Big treasuries were always a symptom not a cause. It's too bad GW don't recognize this.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2017 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait to see the first report of someone missing out on replacing a wardancer for an extra game because EM took their treasury down to 90k from 110 and then they roll 20 for winnings. Or someone missing out on replacing an Ogre on a human team under similar circumstances.
 Jump to: