36 coaches online • Server time: 01:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

From chat, dates are still to be decided.

Next up is the Bob Borc Cup II, knockout competition for all current SWL teams, park if you don't want in, unpark if you want a short season to stamp your ticket.

Likely draft options based on guesswork from me with current teams and limited information (this is not official, they just don't say, put in the list, take what you get).

There will be about 40 teams, plus some I guess, which is 3 teams of each roster maximum. With the redrafting I've heard rumour of, ...

We have zero Ogres, Flings, Orcs, or Frogs.
Great chance to pick up Humans, Undead, Renegades, Chorf.
A fair shot also for the Gobs, Vamps, Unders, Nurgs, Necro, Dorf, Rats, Norse, and Khemri.
You'd need someone to drop Delf*, Welf*, Helf*, Pelf, Lizard, Chaos*, Zon.

*There is rumours of these teams maybe redrafting, they may be open. Helf likely only is for unparking something, like High Elvis, the HEROES are a pretty stable bunch.

But! Paper 14, Scissors 13, Rock 10, as it stands. It slightly favours you getting a Rock team, room for two elf coaches to both want rock, and still be very open for everyone else to get anything. Which sort of goes with the rumours.

What's available? Most things are, but it's a process of fitting to many different conflicting desires.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2017 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:
Thanks guys, but a St5 Ag5 beastman helps make it that little bit easier...

Holy crap, when did THAT happen!? Truly deserves the title "Beast"man.
Smegish

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to make it clear for you tussock that neither I or cdwat have any intention of voluntarily retiring our HElf teams, though others may do it for us 😆

Less sure about Ab5 or mushoomy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just returned so I shall be around
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: May 20, 2017 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Smegish wrote:
I would like to make it clear for you tussock that neither I or cdwat have any intention of voluntarily retiring our HElf teams, though others may do it for us 😆

Less sure about Ab5 or mushoomy

Can the Morticians help?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

6 pages???? Holy hell. must be an all time record low for a season.
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 04:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ANNOUNCING!

The Second SWL BOB BORC CUP

Currently held by Steaked, the Bob Borc Cup is SWL's mid-year knockout tournament.

The Cup Kicks off 5th June (to allow a 2 week break between 'seasons')
Final round will be due on the 17th July.

Cup Rules:
  • Current SWL League Teams Only (including parked teams)
  • Divisional Structure- 3 Round Swiss, followed by TOP 8 KO
  • All rounds will be a strict 1 week, no extension, from the Monday Night 10pm SWLtime deadline
  • Forfeits (if any) will be decided by the Axeman according to PM thread information, or by Coin Toss.
  • Promotions and Relegations from last season (68) will not be affected and will apply for the next season (69) as usual
  • The Cup is OPT OUT. If you do not wish to participate, please send a parking PM by 10pm Friday 26/05/17.
  • Winner earns a spot on the URN team. If Winner is already on the Urn team, the runner up gets the spot.
  • Winner gets boasting rights as the Bob Borc Cup Champion until the next one is run.

Addendum:

Coaches may Draft before the Cup begins. They may Trial and play in the Cup with their new teams. The pre-BBC draft will be announced on 22/05 at 10pm.

Alternatively, coaches who wish to redraft may give their old team one last hurrah in the Cup, then Draft and Trial in the KO phase of the BBC.

Last edited by Luohghcra on %b %22, %2017 - %08:%May; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 05:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be running the draft closer to 8pm for those who might want to get their list in at the last minute.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, opening swiss, more games. Hmm, thinks about stuff.

Let's see, if about 32 teams turn out, ..., I think you'll need a 3/0/0, 2/1/0, or a 2/0/1 or 1/2/0 with good cas or big TD margins to make the last eight.

If you're planning on maybe losing one later, good idea to run up a lot of TDs or get a lot of cas in your first match or two. If you're going to tie a couple, you will need massive cas. Go the Undead, I guess, that's a way through for them.

Just gotta win with the Gobs, come on easy first round draw! Who do I gotta bribe to get a baby team?

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome thx Tomay. Means we can get started trialling tonight.

Anyone up for playing my drafting team tonight? Could be any one of the 24 races!

Oscar Wilde
tussock

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 06:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Comfortably Average are a traditional blooding unit, sub-1400, no stars, no MB, no Guard, and a fantastic good luck charm for anyone who plays them. Catch me in chat. o/

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Luohghcra,

For those of us that are not so good at maths and dates can you confirm what the start an finish dates are for the Bob Borc Cup?

From the post above it sounds like it kicks off on the 29th and runs for 6 rounds? 3 swiss and then 3 rounds of knock out for top 8 only?

So it should be done by the 10th of July?

Sorry for all the question marks but I am a little confused by it???

If you're interested join the Fringe
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
Hey Luohghcra,

For those of us that are not so good at maths and dates can you confirm what the start an finish dates are for the Bob Borc Cup?

From the post above it sounds like it kicks off on the 29th and runs for 6 rounds? 3 swiss and then 3 rounds of knock out for top 8 only?

So it should be done by the 10th of July?

Sorry for all the question marks but I am a little confused by it???

Updated the post to include kick-off dates.
There will be a forum thread soonish with more details.

Essentially Season 69 will kick off on the 7th August, leaving 2 weeks between the culmination of BBC and beginning of season play

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
I'll be running the draft closer to 8pm for those who might want to get their list in at the last minute.

Summoning Tomay!

Oscar Wilde
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 22, 2017 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Draft Results

Bojoaph Dwarves
Redmaul Pact
Groc Orcs
Bobs Orcs

Jump to: