51 coaches online • Server time: 16:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mazzix

Post 16 Posted: Jun 15, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings!

This group is a small instant tourney group.

Group page

The idea is to have a 4 players rooster team to compete and try to win the instant tournament with them.

To start with, small instant tournaments will be called. Just to see if there is an interest. Then, a season could be created if there are enough coaches looking for that.

New teams (no games) of 4 players, official LRB teams are allowed.

All your comments and ideas can help to make this 4 vs 4 group better!![/url]

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

*bump*

Check your group and approve a few applicants already. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2004 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

What happened to this group? Are no new teams beeing approved, or what?
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

Sorry, didnt have much time there days to check on that, and isp was wakked.

We got 12 teams already, so I think we could have soon a small KO tournament.

For now, I would like to have your imput about the way the league could play. I was thinking about :
a) One big KO tourney to lauch the group.
b) A round-robin then a KO (need more activity from you guys).
c) A few instant tournaments then a round-robin ( small KO's played within 2 hours)

The problems about the choice
a: The people that win gets more spp's AND MVP (MVP's distributed on only 4 players will pay a lot!!!).
b: Fair... if everyone is active and if we play our games.
c: Some would have less SPP/GAMES/MVP.

So what do you say guys?

Please informe me about your opinion.

Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I applyed to the group some time ago and I didn't get included, why? Razz

*edit: my team was a chaos pact setup, not in the LRB.* Confused
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I will have time to play a round robin, so thats my primary choice. The other two options are ok too.
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you have to worry too much about the teams being balanced, because undead/necro/khemri teams already have a huge advantage... they only have to waste 210k on players that need to be retired, where as most other teams have to waste 350k or more, meaning that the undead teams start off with at least a 14TR advantage over other races! :p (maybe you should have put a TR cap on starting teams)
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

True, Hobojed, but remember that those teams have no apo access. The Apo has to be a lot better than regeneration for 4vs4 games....

Last edited by Carl_Stoneyard on %b %23, %2004 - %08:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
HoboJed

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Actualy, I would say that 4x4 would mean that an apoth is less important, therefore you are being overcharged for it, so it's another area where undead teams get a slight advantage.
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

It is true that casualties are less frequent since the number of blocks are a lot less than with full teams. However, the best individual players are extremely important to have on the field, and you might want to use the apo also on BH's. The apo use for nigglers might save some headache too.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for the instant tourneys. It's a really fun way to get a couple quick games in.

As far as the TR/TS differences, I think we'll all come to deal with it. It might be fun to allow people to play 4 v 4 pickup games as well. If someone has a couple games under their belt, it just makes for a tough next round for their opponent. We'll deal, right?

The only problem is the small number of coaches. Getting the few of us together enough to play in an open or instant format is going to be tough.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi ppl.

I will use a Round Robin league setup, that will start this week, still not sure about when. If you think you cant make it or cant play the games, please msg me so i will not put your team in the Round Robin.

As for the high teams having a advantage, its sure that some teams could have an advantage... but Khemries arent known to score a lot. And for the apoth, I think it is very important: with 4 vs 4 teams, as soon as you get a player KO or worst for the kickoff, you have to field all your players on the line. Meaning that some gutter runners and woodies catchers will soon or later have to be on the LOS on defense...

Mazzix

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Season will begin on June 27th. The first round will last until July 4th.

Please MSG before the beginning of the season if you think you cant play a game per week for a while. (Presently, i could create 2 divisions of 8 teams, meaning you would have to play about 9 games, maybe 10.

I will give warnings to coaches that havent played their games without PMing me their reasons on the end of first round. The third unplayed game will mean getting kicked out of the league and replaced.

Go check the League group Sunday or monday to see who you are playing, then arrange a time to play by PM.

I will continue to accept teams until the beginning of the season.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So, just to clarify, there is not actually anything instant about the tourney whatsoever. It's just the usual "wait three weeks to try to catch up with the one coach out of 14,000 that you're scheduled to play against and hope that you both have time for a game" kind of instant. Alas.

At least the games should be quick.

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the rules for MNG's ?

Can you hire a new guy to fill in so that you technically have 5 guys on the roster but only 4 that can play? After that game if you get no MNG's or deaths you would of course have to fire someone, but can you use a spare during the missing game?
 Jump to: