31 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who should turn into a really disturbing High Elf?
Aralaniel, Catcher, Dodge, Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Sure Feet (83 SPP)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Ilironahr, Catcher, +MA, Mighty Blow, Block, Dodge (72 SPP)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Sainor, Catcher, +ST, Block (29 SPP)
25%
 25%  [ 12 ]
Nuhian, Blitzer, Dodge, Tackle, Side Step (34 SPP)
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
Salarell, Lineman, +AG, Dodge (22 SPP)
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Someone else (comment below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Macavitiy!
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Leave me alone, showoff!
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 47

Rabe

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So, one player of House Craban's Coaching Staff will get Disturbing Presence. Two others, randomly chosen, will get random mutations. All players are eligible except for the -av Thrower, who didn't play in the final.

I am curious: Who would you grant the Disturbing Presence and why?

I think it can be easily narrowed down to those candidates:

a) Aralaniel, Catcher, Dodge, Block, Tackle, Mighty Blow, Sure Feet (83 SPP)

b) Ilironahr, Catcher, +MA, Mighty Blow, Block, Dodge (72 SPP)

c) Sainor, Catcher, +ST, Block (29 SPP)

d) Nuhian, Blitzer, Dodge, Tackle, Side Step (34 SPP)

e) Salarell, Lineman, +AG, Dodge (22 SPP)

Keep in mind that each player can only get one mutation, so whoever gets Disturbing Presence is not eligible for a random one anymore.

Also note that I mainly play them in tournaments, so they don't have many "building games" (which is kind of hard in the box anyway).

Cheers
Rabe

Last edited by Rabe on %b %21, %2017 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

congrats on the win
does it affect their normal skill progression, or skill slots? or just a bonus extra

D) nuhian, the blodge sidestep makes it harder to shake off / avoid.
if he then took diving tackle on next skillup, would be a nightmare to have standing next to opposing ball carrier

also, he's not otherwise an outstanding player, so it frees up the random mutations to potentially give you something great like horns, claw on the mightyblow guys
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Which one is of least value and has best movmement?

This might actually be a time to take pass blo.... nah.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Disturbing Presence only affects passing, so if you want to make greatest use of it then I vote E), the +AG, dodge lineman - give him Pass Block next, and maybe Leap or Catch to promote interception ability/threat. Diving Tackle could be good too. He can move next to catchers, put them off completing the pass, and tackle them down if they succeed and try to get away.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Carthaginian wrote:
Disturbing Presence only affects passing, so if you want to make greatest use of it then I vote E), the +AG, dodge lineman - give him Pass Block next, and maybe Leap or Catch to promote interception ability/threat. Diving Tackle could be good too. He can move next to catchers, put them off completing the pass, and tackle them down if they succeed and try to get away.

This is actually a cool idea. Would certainly make him unique. Of course, he'd be better if he just took Block and Sure Hands as his next skills but still, it has an appeal...
Manzoo

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations!

I chose Nuhian for three reasons:
1st your mutated guys will be targeted so block/dodge helps a little bit.
2nd side step means you can have more control with the Disturbing Presence
3rd Nuhian is not a stat freak. Like Sp00keh said, other outstanding players could do better than disturbing presence
Rabe

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the responses so far! Keep them coming!

Sp00keh wrote:
does it affect their normal skill progression, or skill slots? or just a bonus extra

It doesn't take up a skills slot. Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sainor. Final answer. Next skill should be Pass Block. Final answer too. Your lino's too weak, too slow.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

If I remember right, dist presence makes catching more difficult. So it is more often useful with handoff - not just passing. The whole "take pass block" is a bit silly.

Instead, put it on someone that is going to be close to the action - make that handoff a bit tougher. Nice passive boost without trying to build around it.

That being said - clearly the blitzer is the best choice. He is blodge sidestep and likely to near the action where once in a while it will come in handy.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Id personally give the disturb to a catcher who can not only take Pass Block, but has MA galore to reach the player that has gone long. Plus he also is the kind of player on defence that will turn the ball down the field when it is dropped. I think the Blitzers are in contact too much to be given something like this. I typically only take 3 Catchers on a team. If I were given it, Id buy a fourth and use him only on D as a safety.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

After further research Id give it to Sainor

Jeffro
Bram

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd take the +ST catcher. Better protect the special players, right?
thoralf

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless the Disturbing Presence skill has been rewritten for BB2016, here's how the relevant excerpt reads:

Quote:
The game effect of Disturbing Presence is to cause any player within three squares of a player with this mutation to subtract 1 when they pass, intercept, or catch. They must apply this penalty for each player with Disturbing Presence within three squares, even if the player with Disturbing Presence is prone or stunned!

That doesn't imply the whole Pass Block idea isn't silly, at least a bit.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like most are confusing Disturbing Presence with Foul Appearance.

Take the mutation on whichever player is going to be in the thick of things, thereby helping to disrupt any potential hand-off catch. At first glance it would be the Blitzer, but depending on your playing style it could be one of the Catchers.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2017 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I chose d) Nuhian.

I think it's best to mark either thrower or carrier with DP and those other pieces looked more like runners or receivers. Blodgetacklestep seemed like only guy that does marking well (next skill DT and he has all skills needed for his job).
 Jump to: