47 coaches online • Server time: 19:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bennyprofane

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As in the title, I've enjoyed testing out the various secret league teams, none of which seem horribly badly balanced. Before this, I used to play box almost exclusively, as I liked the lack of picking and faffing around. In the site's long-run future, wouldn't it be great to have all these secret league team options in a Box scheduling system?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Secret League is an optional ruleset and it should remain firmly in the League Division where people can opt in or opt to leave it well alone.

As for the implementation of a scheduler for League/Group managers to utilise then I would wholeheartedly agree that would be a great addition to the already wonderful facilities provided by Christer and the team (Site Admins).

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Boxes for leagues & Stunty!!! \0/

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a scheduler for SL, the GF sucks for finding balanced matches because people try to cherrypick even there.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

we have box for SL already. It's called tournaments. Sign up and enjoy!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

SL in the box gets my vote, but then I'm not sure if I'm one of the pickers MattDakka refers to
kummo

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:

:thumb_up:
Garion

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not fussed really. It would be a nice option for league for sure. as for secret league i guess if it were possible it would be fun to do on the hour every hour or something

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

In theory, it would be nice. My main problem with it though would be further fragmentation of the player base. We already have Ranked, Blackbox, League, Secret League, Stunty ... this would split Secret League into SL Open and SL Blackbox as well ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
koadah

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
In theory, it would be nice. My main problem with it though would be further fragmentation of the player base. We already have Ranked, Blackbox, League, Secret League, Stunty ... this would split Secret League into SL Open and SL Blackbox as well ...

No. You don't split it. You just add a scheduler.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2017 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbreed wrote:
SL in the box gets my vote.

Agreed (1). Alternatively, scheduler in SL would be nice, as well (2).
(1) is probably not going to happen because of Box-adherence to official rosters, while (2) is 2nd best option for me.

kummo wrote:
Arktoris wrote:
:thumb_up:

Not agreed. While I'm sure, tourneys are great, I like Box (or the scheduler) for being able to play instant matches (i.e. when I come home at a random time or 5 games in a row on a sad & rainy day, etc.) w/o committing to more than 90Mins of bb (per game) and w/o any preparation whatsoever (no specific frequency of continuing games, no setting up dates via pms, no matter what TV & not even committing to playing that particular team ever again if I don't want to).
 Jump to: