38 coaches online • Server time: 11:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cdwat

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe he is awarded 1 point until after the next round is drawn (and it's changed to 2 later), so the person with the bye doesn't get thrown straight into the deep end?

At this stage it looks like he's got the win, but been given 0 points.

Bio template here.
swladmin

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2017 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bob Borc Cup II Axing News

Forfeits Round 1

[SWL] Jeagers vs SWL Fun Police - forfeit to Semitence, apparently the Jaegers fell asleep in the hotel room after a big night and missed the game. Fun Police held a sing along and cooked a few fans till they got bored and went home.

Colour of Money vs Bribery and Corruption - forfeit to B&C. Due to some unforseen circumstances the messenger never made it to the Colour of Money headquarters to tell them they were playing. No bribes have been recorded in official registers and corruption of the postal service has been ruled out.

Filler 4 vs Northside Cheaters - forfeit to Cheaters even though they aren't even sure if they want to play Bloodbowl or tiddly winks. Coming weeks will sort that one out.

Points will be modified as needed to represent teams true positions once the accounting team can work out the new system. Final 8 teams to go through to KO stage will be truly worthy (or lucky) to be there.

RedMaul

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

say what.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2017 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the final 8 a seeded bracket?

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 14:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Legends

Image Luke Skywalker (Prancing Unicorns), 176SPP

There are some freaks in SWL. Ma7St5Ag4Av9. This guy is one of them. A TD and a Cas in round 2 of the Bob Borc Cup, Congratulations Luke!
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MA7 ST5 AG4 AV9! That's not true
That's IMPOSSIBLE!
nooooo nooo nooooo

Sorry I couldn't resist that one Razz
Redgum

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2017 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

All Stars up in BB

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks ramchop Smile

So a serious Forum question now guys - I'm after a bit of advice on what to get Luke for his last skill advance choice. He rolled a normal; apart from his STAT boosts he came with Block and I gave him Sure Hands.

If the Prancing Unicorns were your team and Luke was your player, what skill would you give him for his final skill (he gets access to Strength and General) and why would you choose that skill over the others?

I'm after some serious discussion on this one. SWL has an excellent talent pool of very experienced coaches. It's my first ever Legend and I'm pondering what to give him.

Suggestions such as Dirty Player or Pass Block can be saved for Channel BB Wink
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a toss up between surefeet or tackle
One for the touchdowns the other to make the st5 more effective
Semitence

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be taking thick skull to keep him on the pitch as long as possible.
Foad

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Keothi wrote:
If the Prancing Unicorns were your team and Luke was your player, what skill would you give him for his final skill (he gets access to Strength and General) and why would you choose that skill over the others?

I have no idea, but yeah - it's a hard one... Only being AG4 makes it kinda difficult.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually having another look at your team, id say definitely Tackle. You only have one tackler. You cant expect Han Solo to do it all by himself especially with frenzy.
Keothi

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 05:02 Reply with quote Back to top

The other Blitzer Darth Maul also has Tackle, along with Stand Firm to stay in place and maintain his tacklezone Manzoo and Sure Feet is an agility skill and if he'd rolled a double I'd give him Dodge in a heartbeat without second guessing it or hesitation.
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite right Keothi.
Gonna have to rethink Forest's final skill now.

As for tackle... Even with Darth Maul I still like tackle. Two isnt enough imo
Keothi

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2017 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Personal Thoughts:

Stand Firm; There have been times I've wanted to skate the line with him, or have him stand next to the ball only to have him get pushed away. Stand Firm gives me that option. He's then also a tough corner of a cage or screen under other scenarios and quite reliable to dodge away on a 2+ to an empty square.

Tackle; obvious reasons, he is a ST5 blackle sweeper with the agility to get around and be dangerous.

Break Tackle; For those times when you wish you had an AG5 player.

Strip Ball; Odd thought? I know he doesn't have wrestle or even tackle... But if he's blitzing a ball carrier, he's often hitting with 2D and there are two <-- on every dice. Unless they have sure hands (and a lot of teams don't run a sure hands carrier) his odds of raking the ball loose are high. Plus he had AG4 and Surehands so good chance of scooping up if he frees the ball.

Pro? 50% chance to reroll a failed or unfavourable dice result is also looking tempting.
 Jump to: