50 coaches online • Server time: 16:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ilciko

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello guys,

I'm trying to setup a league to play with my friends.
in the past we do it in real, but due to work problem, we decide to move league to fumbbl.

the chosen formula should be:

1) 5 tiers, an amount of SPP to spent in each tier (6,12,18,24,30)

or

2) 3 tiers, an amount of Skill based on tier.

I read so many forum pages but I only found how to set the skill.

My questions:
1) Can I define SPP instead of skills?
2) What I have to do to define the tiers?

thanks a lot
kummo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

did you try to create new specific ruleset for your league? https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there.

You can't currently skill in tiered amounts or via differing spp allocations. Since this is a group of friends, the best work around is to give the whole group the highest number of skills to play with and then have the top tier teams pick duplicate / useless skills. For instance, in a two tier league, if tier one got one skill and tier two two skills, give the whole group two and then have (for instance) a Norse Lineman take Block for one of that team's two skills. A Wood Elf Lineman gets Break Tackle, that sort of thing.

If you want to do it on spp, the same logic applies; give everyone everything and then have the teams with the least spp to play with get creative. You as league commissioner will just have to check it's all been done correctly.

The other work around is to play in test mode.

Good luck!
ilciko

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:

You can't currently skill in tiered amounts or via differing spp allocations. Since this is a group of friends, the best work around is to give the whole group the highest number of skills to play with and then have the top tier teams pick duplicate / useless skills. For instance, in a two tier league, if tier one got one skill and tier two two skills, give the whole group two and then have (for instance) a Norse Lineman take Block for one of that team's two skills. A Wood Elf Lineman gets Break Tackle, that sort of thing..

Good luck!

Great suggestion

Purplegoo wrote:

The other work around is to play in test mode

Can I setup a league in test mode?

Thank you
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2017 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, I don't think you can. You'd have to do the league bit manually. Probably best to go with the duplicate / useless skills suggestion if you want the site to track the league for you. Have fun!
 Jump to: