49 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2024 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We fear da Mighty Slann Necromancer Sloss-tti has become a legend that only a few remember. Tic, number one toady, moving things forward for our sixth season.

In season five, two strong divisions made up of veteran returning teams and newer rookie teams challenged each other on the pitch for supremecy. Gluttony of Morrslieb and Hokkaido Hurricanes respectively finished their divisions at the top. Khorny Koaches ended the season holding The Mystic Sparkle-Slann of Huah-Huah (dat always amuse me to say) and Hokkaido Hurricanes finished the season in posession of the Golden Rattle-things of Sloss-tti. The Sacred idol of Potzipanzi has been lost in the chaos and may yet reappear in a future season.

The Championship Playoffs and Shady Underground Tournament are happening, and we should know the outcome in a month or so.

In the meantime, it's time to look to the future. Time to figure out which teams will play in Season Six.

Things operate slightly different in the Lustrian jungle. Tribes of little people terrorize tourists who just seek tropical fruits and drinks with little umbrellas. As a result, and because some of us made a deal so we could get our drinks, the little guys get a bit of a break. Little guys are just a little tougher to take down in Secret League America (right stuff preventing tackle is in effect). We am just about having some fun with some crazy teams so we do limit the league to only one roster of any particular race. With over a hundred rosters to choose from, this shouldn't be an issue to find something to play.

If you yearn for playing some hot sticky blood bowl in the middle of the Amazonian jungle whilst searching for treasure and glory then this league might be the salve for what ails you!

How to apply:

For new teams that want to join SLA: please post here, stating which team you intend to play. Note that only 1 team of each race is allowed in SLA at any one time (I will list the currently taken teams in the second post of this thread). All new teams will be starting up in the rookie division, and the rookie division will get to play as long as we have at least eight teams participate.
For returning teams that want to continue playing: please also post here, stating which team you intend to bring back. Teams which played last season have first claim to a roster, and returning teams will play against each other as long as we get at least eight returning teams. Remember, if you don't choose to play a returning team, you give up your prior claim to the roster. (Redrafting instructions will be posted in a PM thread to which coaches shall be added as they declare their intention to return. Redrafting will be based on 1000k gold base, 20k per game. W/T/L 20/15/10k. Cap at 1600k. Agent Fees at 20k/season/cumulative.)
Coaches may have a team in both the rookie division and a returning team. Rounds have been 10-14 days depending on how many teams were in the divisions. We had good success, I think, with this system last season!

(You can find more information on the SLA group page, by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.) All teams will be eligible to play up to FOUR games in the open environment before the season begins.

Season as soon as we have a good number of teams ready and willing to play with an anticipated start date of Wednesday, May 1st.

As Sloss-ti once said: "Join the godðŸ🦆 league, or the pygmy gets it! Ribbit!" ;-P Tic just wonders about the ongoing substitution of water fowl.

razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2024 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams lined up so far for Season Six
Format is Teamname (Roster) - Coach - East or West Timezone (or either)

Returning/Veterans
4 Winds of Petals from Heaven (Cathay) - DaCrusha -
Honshu Ki-Rin (Nippon) - Nightbird -
Rabid Animal Tester Scientists (Clan Pestilens) - razzlestorm -
Khorny Koaches (Daemons of Khorne) - knine -
And Still We Rize (Zandri) - HouseT -
(SLA) B is for Bash (Kurgan) - Carthage - (tentative, if 7 other teams)

Rookie
Lure of Decadence (Slaanesh) - DaCrusha -
Thicc Lizzies (Zoat) - HotWaffles -
Bergham City Basher S-League (Hobgoblin Slavers) - CoachBuck -
Grand Hutt Council (Daemons of Nurgle) - deurbroucq -
[SLA] Firmly Planted (Treemen) - BrainOfJosh -
TBD (Ogre) - Hawkmoon1231 -
[SL Americas] Fangs of Nagash (Lahmian) - DoctorMidnight -
Durango Dragons (Estalia) - Nightbird - (Conditional, if no Vet Division)

Pending Veterans
Al'Akhar Scorpions (Araby) - Sigmar1 -
Hokkaido Hurricanes (Northern Nippon) - Sigmar1 -
Arclight Raiders (Black Ark) - Curze -
Madcap Ravers (Night Goblin) - Curze -
Ogham Goliaths (Giant) - QuantumFlavour -

Out
DLSSSC Wanderers (Hobgoblin Slavers) - angusosborne -
Gluttony of Morrslieb (Daemons of Nurgle) - Nelphine -
Queen's Grace [SLA] (Avelorn) - T_Witch -
Angry Tree Enemies (Isha) - Carthage -
Stand Ur Ground (Elemental - Earth) - knine -
Cheesy Team Name Goes Here (Clan Eshin) - BrainOfJosh -
Aristocrat Nobility (Myrmidia) - DaCrusha -
Relatable Cakes (Khainite Assassins) - MrCushtie -
Chorale Resplendent (Daemons of Slaanesh) - commisaro -

Last edited by razmus on Mar 28, 2024 - 12:47; edited 13 times in total
deurbroucq

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2024 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play Daemons of Nurgle in the Rookie league, name TBD. Smile
BrainOfJosh

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2024 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to drop Clan Eshin and join as Treemen instead: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=1169064 - applied
knine

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2024 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Out for both teams. Will look at returning the following season.
DaCrusha

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2024 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m bringing lure of decadence in the rookie league and would like to continue using 4 winds of petals from Heaven in the veterans league. I won’t be returning the aristrocrat nobility (myrmidia) team.
Hawkmoon1231

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2024 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play ogre
CoachBuck

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

CoachBuck Dropping Forest Goblins to Hobgoblin Slavers.
DoctorMidnight

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2024 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like a Green Card, so I would be able to play in the SL Americas Smile
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2024 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give Estalia a go (Durango Dragons) for rookies, if we don't
have a vet division, & return w/ Nippon (Honshu Ki-Rin) if we do!

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2024 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DoctorMidnight wrote:
I would like a Green Card, so I would be able to play in the SL Americas Smile

Americas is big... stretching from the frozen north of Nunavut and NWT all the way down to Chile and Argentina. No green cards necessary. (And the only requirement is the ability/desire to schedule against folks in the Americas TZ range... UTC-3 to UTC-8.)

razzlestorm

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2024 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The Rabid Animal Tester Scientists (Clan Pestilens) would like to return. There's still so much science to be done!
commisaro

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2024 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Chorale Resplendant will not be returning.
razmus

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2024 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Veterans division is unlikely to run this season, unless an eligible team by an inactive coach from a past season comes back. Even if all the remaining coaches bring a team, we only have seven, and need at least eight.

Tentative plan for season six will be rookies.

DaCrusha

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2024 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

since well unlikely have a veterans league this season, how about having a 2nd rookie league so people that want to play multiple teams can?
 Jump to: