66 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am painting my necromatic team. Most of the models are not traditional Blood Bowl models. I took the wights from a WH Fantasy range. The wolves are models I liked but unfortunately they are the size of most big guys. I am using old Strigoi vampires as ghouls.

That leads me to the golems. Traditionally blood bowl golems are flesh golems. Would you consider making them iron or bronze golems? I plan to use the trolls from the old WH Fantasy box set. The troll holding a large rock over his head.

Thoughts? If I go with a metalic golem then the model used is largely irrelevant. They just feel a bit out of place on a Necromatic team.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 07:14 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as it's clear the team's necromantic in the first place, and the positionals look different from each other, a little bit of re-theming should be fine. No-one's going to mix up which positional the iron golem is. I've seen plenty of more confusing teams.

Just come up with some convoluted fluff to explain it to people when they ask and people will think it's great.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
The wolves are models I liked but unfortunately they are the size of most big guys.

I have the exact same problem, I just hope one of my wolfs gets ST+ soon because I'm using the zombiecide model and he is huge.

I don't have golems in my team but I'd look out for a model just incase I ever get to high enough TV that I'll want one.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a thought fluff wise. I could say that the iron golems are statues placed to guard the entrance to a cemetery of noblemen. When a particular pair of corpses were reanimated, their spirits possessed the guardian statues.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Necromantic magic is all about reanimating corpses and organic tissue, therefore iron golems would not fit.
Iron golems would be fine for Dwarfs.
JackH

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2017 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Look out for massive darkness monsters they have flesh golems and werewolves that is good scale. Mantic ogres are what I am using for flesh golems.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2017 - 02:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I just had a thought fluff wise. I could say that the iron golems are statues placed to guard the entrance to a cemetery of noblemen. When a particular pair of corpses were reanimated, their spirits possessed the guardian statues.

Good idea!