49 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's not the done thing, I was just wondering earlier HOW you do it? I can't see a button or anything else though I read it's there somewhere? Or is there a FUMBBL manual I can look at, I could only see Blood Bowl rules... I may have missed it.

Long story, I just ask because someone did it to me at the end of a first half yesterday (it wasn't going well for them) and I was in the same situation today. My team with a 4/4/16 (-29td, -14cas) record facing a 2-300TV higher team for the 4th time in last 6 games is just proving too much, niggles, deaths and -values to main players every game, this started with two of my best being put out of the match in first couple of turns, along with a -st for star blitzer a couple later and it was pretty pointless after that, was just a match of my team getting kicked around on the floor, I retired them after, would rather have just saved half hour and ended it.

Thanks for any help.
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

On your turn only, I think its on the Menu button in the top left corner
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On your turn only, click end turn after you have done as much as you can to fight back, then repeat after the opponents turn finishes.
In the meantime spectate some other matches or watch replays of good players to not end up with a 4/4/16 score with your next team Smile

Never conceed, never surrender!
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info! Smile

I'm improving, and realising I shouldn't play on Fridays, I never win on a Friday (3 weeks back playing after a very long time off). Still making some noob mistakes. Have good days and bad days.

I do "ok" with my human/undead teams, Khemri tough but can't get much luck, but this Necro team just never seemed to catch much of a break and had so many far higher ranked teams of Super Stars that tore me to shreds.

This is what I mean by luck, just finished a match I think I played "OK", but could only get pushbacks where he could one-dice me seemingly whenever he felt like it, I lost 2-1. I'm sure if I watched better players they'd all be POW's... Very Happy Maybe not, but this is how my Friday games generally go so far...

co3 compound

People always tell me luck is in my mind but when I throw 39 more blocks, have half as many POW's, same number of pushbackPOW's, twice as many pushbacks and more than 3 times as many skulls I do tend to feel hard done-by. Very Happy
Gozer_the_Gozerian

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If it makes you feel any better, there is one possible outcome where you roll 130 skulls.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

@Jimrod: drop 1 rr, 4 are too many. 70 TV means, in theory, 3 extra skills on your opponent's team. Take Leader on the Thrower to save 50 TV if you want another rr.
Play more games, the more you play, the closer to the expected average your overall dice will be.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

8 pows in 130 dice IS bad luck

But bad luck doesn't persist

The biggest lesson you probably need to learn now is to play way more cautiously, roll LESS dice, attempt less risks

The best way to actually do that is:

1) prioritize covering the ball. Defend it with as many guys as it needs. The only guys you can then attack with are the left overs. Instead of throwing guys into the attack first, and attempting to shield the ball second

2) do safe moves before risky moves
You mentioned before about getting a troll double skull at start of a game. Loner 2dice is unlikely to be your safest move in any given turn, so don't do it first
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks as always for the info guys! Smile

Much appreciated.

The Khemri team the rolls above related to aren't the one I wanted to concede with, I do try to play different teams differently though. With my 2ag thrower I tend to attack first with the Tomb Kings - I do this as I nearly always get two block dice (some Block skill-ups would certainly be handy) and I've had my fingers burned trying to get the ball first. In a previous game it started raining (of course) when it was my turn to attack - meaning it took 3 or 4 turns just to get the ball off the floor, leaving me severely on the back foot, hence I learned to hit first where possible.

With my (now retired) Necro team I had a 4ag Ghoul so would get the ball first where possible and try to build a cage for him... Etc. The Necro's seem to get to high TV quickly though (well, 1500-1600) and then I get 1800+ teams loaded with Mighty Blows, hence the injuries.

I try to improve and learn, I don't mind games like the Khemri one where it goes against you a bit but they seem able to take the damage - with 2ag max and no block on the big guys I do think I need the RR's though.

I've definitely lost 2 games this week due to poor play, when I had a game I was doing well in and having luck my opponent conceded so I didn't get to capitalise on the skill points, hence me thinking I'd do the same when the final Necro game started terribly against an Amazon team loaded with MB, B, D, G, T, +St and +Ag! They literally just beat up my team on the floor whilst passing around the ball for points. The Necro team were the first team I started back with, I always like Necro, so they naturally have a lot of losses as I learned the rules again, I tried to lower the TV by retiring a +MA wolf who got -Av with a single GFI trying to stop a TD, then I faced a team 200+ TV higher, decided that was enough for them and it was time to retire! Very Happy

@Spookeh - the Troll one was the first attack, the first action in that match was to get the ball, I now know about leaving players next to those big guys thanks to feedback, won't do that again! Smile Cheers!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to make up for the lack of Block on Guardians by setting up 3d blocks whenever possible. It gets easier when you have 6 or more Guards.
Jimrod

Post 14 Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Try to make up for the lack of Block on Guardians by setting up 3d blocks whenever possible. It gets easier when you have 6 or more Guards.

Thanks! Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimrod wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

Thanks! Smile

You're welcome. Very Happy
Remember, 2d blocks with Block are more reliable, so generally speaking it's better to start with those, followed by 3d blocks without Block.
As it has been said, with Khemri be sure to create a "net/layer" of tackle zones to protect the ball before trying to pick up. Consider what can happen if the pick up fails and where the ball could bounce.
You have to be paranoid when playing Khemri.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

"you have to be paranoid when playing khemri"

Further, you have to adjust to the mindset of anticipating failure
Most other games give you safety nets but BB only gives you rerolls
Pickup with a super agile elf still fails on 2+, 1 in 6. That's a lot!

As Matt says put guys next to the ball before your pickup attempt. Partly so they can catch the scatter, partly so they defend the ball and carrier

Generally you should always consider every action with the mindset of "assuming it fails, is it still a good idea"

Winning 45% of your games may feel terrible. Because other games teach you / taught me that we should generally always win

But including draws, winning 45% is actually really good

You need to adjust to that. It's hard. Adjust your perspective on luck. You are not an accurate record of good luck / bad luck, because we always remember the bad luck. Good luck just seems like what should have happened
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
"you have to be paranoid when playing khemri"

Further, you have to adjust to the mindset of anticipating failure
Most other games give you safety nets but BB only gives you rerolls
Pickup with a super agile elf still fails on 2+, 1 in 6. That's a lot!

As Matt says put guys next to the ball before your pickup attempt. Partly so they can catch the scatter, partly so they defend the ball and carrier

Generally you should always consider every action with the mindset of "assuming it fails, is it still a good idea"

Winning 45% of your games may feel terrible. Because other games teach you / taught me that we should generally always win

But including draws, winning 45% is actually really good

You need to adjust to that. It's hard. Adjust your perspective on luck. You are not an accurate record of good luck / bad luck, because we always remember the bad luck. Good luck just seems like what should have happened

I think there's a silver lining when playing Khemri or Undead which is you're bound by the inherent attributes of the team to not go too nuts and are somewhat subtly inclined to play it safe. That's been my experience anyway - Khemri are hard but because they are hard you do things around that hardness to make it work.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Play a agile team

Bashing opponent is fun but you have to learn that winning is about running the ball into the end zone. Fragile elf teams teach you more about control, spacing, risk, all that stuff you need

Don't worry about them dying. You also need to learn to not get attached. Players are a tool to get wins, and sometimes they're a consumable
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt agree
The ag4 ghoul probably made him play worse
 Jump to: