15 coaches online • Server time: 04:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically is it worth throwing spp in the form of an MVP or td to your linos to get dirty player (and a cost of 20k) to use to foul?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Generally yes, but you should specify the race, the lower the cost of the lineman is, the better value Dirty Player has because makes the trade fouler-victim more advantageous, TV-wise.
Linemen costing 50,000 or less with G access are ideal Dirty Player foulers, the cheaper they are, the better.
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I typically play humans, orcs, undead, and zons. I don't think it is worth it on orcs cause av 9 and I only carry 11-12 orcs. Not sure if it is worth taking over block or wrestle on zons.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

All those races can benefit from 1-2 Dirty Players, especially once they are developed and with a bench (because chances are they will face developed opponent players, therefore fouling could remove lot of TV from the pitch, improving the cost-effect ratio), but if the team is in the early stages of development I would give priority to core skills like Block or Wrestle, and I'd try to have a bench to be free to foul without being automatically outnumbered if the fouler is ejected.

Last edited by MattDakka on Oct 15, 2017 - 18:14; edited 1 time in total
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
I typically play humans, orcs, undead, and zons. I don't think it is worth it on orcs cause av 9 and I only carry 11-12 orcs. Not sure if it is worth taking over block or wrestle on zons.

Generally I would say it is worth taking on those teams. As long as the player only has the one skill. If you manage to get an auto armour break on a more expensive spp player its seriously worth the value for the + to injury roll.
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

And it's fun! Think of the fans.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

it's generally not worth spending MVP on linemen to get dirty player... you'll typically have more important things to do with it, at least until your team is huge
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you should try to skill up the positionals first.
Joost

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend to not foul: I believe the cost of having a player sent off 1 out of 3 times is too high. But there are exceptions I think: T8 with plenty reserves, fragile start players that are prone, and if your playing gobbo's / flings / ogres then it becomes more attractive.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
I tend to not foul: I believe the cost of having a player sent off 1 out of 3 times is too high. But there are exceptions I think: T8 with plenty reserves, fragile start players that are prone, and if your playing gobbo's / flings / ogres then it becomes more attractive.

Though T8 may also be the most useless time to foul as even a gang DP foul can frequently be stun or KO.

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

Though T8 may also be the most useless time to foul as even a gang DP foul can frequently be stun or KO.

If the opponent doesn't have a bench, and you do, why not T8 fouling? (unless you are trying to 1TTD or to earn 1 SPP with a pass).
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
Basically is it worth throwing spp in the form of an MVP or td to your linos to get dirty player (and a cost of 20k) to use to foul?
Yes Dirty Player is worth it. Having 4 of them is even more worth it. I can reasonably expect to foul 10+ times a game, and at least one or 2 will remove something worth far more TV than my zombies.

That said, if you're going to commit to a foul game, I find it better to go all in and build a team that can support the loss of a dirty player who gets sent off. To do that, you either need some heavily skilled positionals, or a deep bench.
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to limit your fouling to th first 16 turns. unless the game goes to overtime, then you should foul a few more times
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ryanfitz wrote:
Try to limit your fouling to th first 16 turns. unless the game goes to overtime, then you should foul a few more times

*WORD*

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

A leaping, dirty player troll is the way to do it, if you want to be really classy Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: