42 coaches online • Server time: 11:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JamesHutchings

Post 5 Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This is probably in an FAQ somewhere, but I can't find it.

I've joined a tournament. How do I

i) see who from the tournament is online, and

ii) set up a game with them?
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I assume you mean the "145 League Rookie LXVI" tournament. A few answers:
1. The league commish added you to the Message Thread, which is one option for coordinating games. You'll likely get many messages thru the day for people who are looking for opponents in the tournament.
2. The 145 Club has a Discord Server (which is another instant message platform which is popular amongst FUMBBL coaches), and it has it's own channel for making game matches. (There are instructions in the 145 PM on connecting to PM... or I can give more instructions here, if you like.)
3. You can select the 'scheduled' work below your team name in your overview, which will take you to the tournament summary. If you select the 'Teams' section, there is a list of teams. The column between teams name and coach name will tell you how long it has been since the site last saw that coach online. (And a green badge means they are 'online'.) There are teams listed, however, which are not part of the current tournament.
4. If there is someone specific from the tournament you'd like to face... send them a personal PM to coordinate a specific time to play.

And good luck and have fun!

JamesHutchings

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's the one. But my question is more basic. Let's say another player is online and ready to play. What do I do to start the game?
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a "play" link next to your team on your overview page. Click that.

Agree on a game name with your opponent. Via PM, discord or whatever.

When the client starts, both of you enter the same game name and you'll be good to go.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Send a PM to your opponent and arrange the game;
2) One of you must host the game with a password, that the opponent must know (write it in the PM): click on the link "Resume" (if the game has been already scheduled) or "Play" (if the game is not scheduled) to launch the client and write the password in the dialogue window.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2017 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks guys! I did explain how to arrange and start matches in the PM thread, but there's usually a lot going on there so easily missed, which is why I'm always trying to get everyone on our discord channel Smile
 Jump to: