75 coaches online • Server time: 21:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fxiii

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

so everybody's sleeping here ??

just achieved 200th game, an hard fought 1-0 win against Morbo's burning dwarves !!

let's see how this all ends :

Slanns: 24-10-6 (8-2-2 since last update), lots of terrible games, playing from 1 to 6 loners after being smashed, but finally Slanns bring the squad a cool 29 points !! go Froggies go !! racial lead: not sure to keep it but we never know Smile

Humans: 25-10-5 (3-0-1), there were not really much points to take here, ending with 30 is fine but we may probably lose racial lead

UW: 24-7-9 (8-2-2), big run to end, despite all clawmb blitzer dead, we manage to score some precious points... 27.5 should be enough for racial lead this time !

Khemris: 22-12-6 (9-4-0), a huge run to end the trophy, they lost enough points before !! 28 points shoudn't be enough to keep the racial lead, but starts were horrible, couldn't roll any ag+ and made some bad skill choices, starting TG with guard instead of MB...

elves: 28-5-7 (8-0-1), big run here too, with a 0-3 loss after 10 snake eyes, the other games were elfic fiesta with many 4,5 and even 6 td scored !!

finally, the last run of 50 games provided 40 points (36-8-6), 5 more than our previous goal, so we're very proud of the squad !!

for a total record of 123-44-33, so 145 points... cheers !

116 days remaining boys, don't be afraid, create your squad, play twice a day and here it is !!!
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Very impressive, well done
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2018 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Insane !
48 games, still 152 to achieve that challenge !

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BREAKING:

I'm mathematically out of the running for first now, after going 7/7/6 in my last 20. Some brutal games in there, and I liked my odds at the 34 game mark, but it was not to be!

30 days for someone to steal those juicy racial titles away from him or it looks like he skates to the finish! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2018 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Great effort! But it's a pretty insane top score to beat. Well done fxiii.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So I got my 100 games through, only half, but I started late and when also had some other focus for some time. Quick recap:

Total of 73.5 points in 100 games with one racial Lead (ogres) which would mean really 71.5 points rolling up to 143 + whatever racial leads. so right up there with my boys Justicium and Happy, would need a very good second half to catch fxiii.

Ogres (15/5/11)

Clearly one of my favourite team anywhere, box, league, Tabletop. while haveing huge potention in any game, rolling 100 2+ every match it's not anymore whether you snake but when, which makes it ever nerve wracking and perfect for a sicko like me. After a sick start with 9 wins out of 14 games it normalized a bit, but they did almost win an instant smack so are still a force to be reckoned with. 9 games missing, as racial lead secured I will not continue. 15/5/10 after 30 games will hopefully be a benchmark for next season that is not so easily broken.

Khemri (19/4/5)

I've recently fallen in love with Khemri. Next to the box trophy team I made it to the second round in the GLT to fall after losing 2 TG to eternity in the first game. with the new MVP rule the TGs are easier to develop, I was rather lucky with regeneration and could get a nice team together. There is the odd game where you kick and cannot stop the drive and basically have to play for the tie, but once they all got BT you have sooo much pressure on defense. Combined with some nicely timed fouling a lot is possible.
So I'll use my last 30 days to finish the 12 missing games and try to rob some points off fxii Smile

High elves (13/3/2)

High elves are very solid and probably too good for tier 2. I mean after about 5 games you basically got nothing less than what dark elves have, but 4 catchers with M8 and st3. so very solid as is my record. Solid enough to challenge Justis 32.5 points, probably not, but we'll never know.

Undead: 10/1/3

Undead were my only tier 1 pick, and I do think they are very solid low to mid TV, which is most of the games I played. especially after picking up a AG4 ballcarrier they become very reliable. however, nuffle made me drop 3 games early on so did not chase the racial lead

Pro elves: 6/3/0

Pretty solid team for tier 2 as well, a bit more vulnerable with a7, but then again this also means no fear of the claw teams. blodge up and dance around. not sure how they go in high TV games, but for the first 9 games they did not lose a game.

So overall I'm pretty happy with my picks. I somehow missed the whole event until february and actually thought it started in January. but later noticed not gonna finish anyways. half way through is still a good run and for sure will put in the effort again for season 2.

Watch out for my Ogrrrrrrs
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2018 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Those of us near the top breath a sigh of relief not to have to compete with your full 200 games this season, Strider. Wink

It's on for Season 2! Bring it!

P.S. Go Khemri!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So how is it that no one commented on the photo finish and new shared first place yet? Surprised Well done happygrue, impressive job, I hope you both get the price! Very Happy
lautrehamon

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the two winners, impressive run for sure !
Strider84

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

We need a best of 5 show off with the same teams, every team can be played once
happygrue

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks! Was a blast. Congrats to all the coaches who played and especially those who finished all 200. Big thanks to Christer for the slick scoring setup - that helped people get and stay interested in watching the race unfold.

My memory was that the tiebreaker in one of the original posts was "first to reach the score" so by that fxiii would be the sole winner. Maybe there was another tiebreaker that I missed before that, will look into it later. If it were head to head record first for example and THEN first to reach score that would be a welcome surprise. Wink The old posts are a bit messy with questions and clarifications and some edits and people taking over for JakeSteel after he went AWOL so I might have missed something. We should sort out exactly what they are before starting the next season!

Regardless, this was a blast and I am looking forward to next season. Lots of really great runs and some mighty competitors are chomping at the bit to join the fun next time. This could be a really really great year for Blood Bowl in The Box. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 21:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Well I got the 200 done. Finishing on 123.5 points.

Wouch was it hard at times. But I said I'd do a thing.....

Dwarves- 31.5 (Racial lead)
29/5/6 isnt too bad, but to be honest i was hoping for 32.5, while aware anything over 30 was pretty good. Held up throughout the TV range, got solid results all along, and even monstered a few claw teams. I feel this result wont surprise many.

Woodies- 26.5 (Racial lead)
22/9/9. My Woodies in Box when it started had gone 15-0-1, so I had hoped for better here. the lack of woody coaches let me sneak the racial lead with a nice run of 4 wins at the very end. 7 Dead wardancers, 24 dead in total. At one stage I was fielding 5 elves and loners. But one elf, a str4 ag5 elf, showed us the way. It was bloody, but they got it done.

HE- 25.5 (RL-32.5)
22/7/11. Possibly the most played race in the trophy, and with a very respectable race lead score. Also a race i know very well from league play, but it never got going, we never really clicked and found a personality, s the results were fine, but the whole team is very very meh, and always was.

Vampire 19.5 (RL-24.5)
15/9/16. Gutted to finish with a losing record, but my God vamps are a lesson. Some games, no matter what, you will lose. they will implode. You 'can' do anything, any turn, just about. But often you will do nothing except self harm. Yes, they are the brittle teen age girl of BB. I cannot overstate how much of a chore the last dozen games of vamps was. Never again, never never never again. Not my race sir, not my style.

Goblins 15.5 (RL-18.)
12/7/21. The total opposite. I find it tough to 'care about gobbo games, as so many are lost (both goblinsa nd games) but i also find i almost always have a blast, even losing, which is an odd place for me to be as i quite like to win normally. This was always going wrong, i lost a troll very early and it took a really long time to get going after that. But that's the trophy, bad things may happen, but you said you'd play 40. So I did.

In general I had a good time, except for the vamps which was like having broken glass rubbed into your eye at times. Played a lot of good fun opponents (and more than my fair share of 'the tax') and learned a fair big about Goblins and Vampires. I'd certainly be in for it again, but this time take some time to pick races, as this year I was in the first few to say yes and just grabbed some teams that added to 9. i would hope to more competitive next time. That said, it's really not the point to me, the goal was finishing, and I did.

I had targeted trying to get over 120 points. Which i managed, but only by using the 5 points from 2 racial leads. I would have liked to have got there without them.

We are few, we had no good reason, but we played the 200. You can never take that away.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2018 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I will try to find time to write up my own last games, as it has been fun to read other coach's results in their own words. I did just want to add a shout-out to Candlejack for entering and playing 200 games with crap races (impressive! That should be a special prize!) And to Justicium for knocking out 5 racial leads - his entire squad! Well done. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played way less in this than I planned. Got caught up in several cool leagues. Next season... Next season. btw. This season ends with september? And new one starts 1. january?
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2018 - 17:33
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

New season starts as soon as I've had the time to add support for seasonal history storage, doing a few modifications to the format and starting it up again.

Currently unknown when this will happen, but I am hoping for long before January 1st.
 Jump to: