58 coaches online • Server time: 20:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm handling the draft Boriz, I'm happy with a few list changes for people, there's plenty of time and not all that many of us.

No penalties at all, it's random draft order, having a list in avoids any problems coming up late with your net connection or anything else, I'd rather see everyone in and getting something they're keen to play than anything else. Change it all you want, but you know, not every day please. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the Ogre bandwagon Idea

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Boriz wrote:
Maybe the Ogre bandwagon Idea

Toadal respect.

My third ranked nomination - just after "daylight".

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2018 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So many great team having amazing games in the Farewell Championship is awesome, but I'm finding it a little sad to say goodbye to many of my heroes...

The Sentinels, The Nightmare, B&C, The Morticians, The Horrors, The Elvis Tour - all done, and more to hang up their boots in the coming weeks, many of which will fall short of milestones. I've been thinking to myself, they'll still get to run around in the fringe right? No, not really... My beloved skaven get 1 tournament per year, and it's in a weird AF ruleset.

Now I know big teams with big banks are degenerate, and the new rule set is far more balanced and in line with BB16 and DZ1/DZ2, but I don't care - amazing teams like this shouldn't be lost.

So it falls to Disco Dan and the Blackwater Blitz to throw their hats into the ring, and they have convinced me to run a legacy league after the knockout stage of the of the CRP Championship open to all old [L] teams. This is the perfect place for ex-DIBBL, ex-SWL, ex-SSL and generally unloved fringe teams to call home and find continuity the regular league games.

I've mentioned I've been thinking about this to a few coaches who have seemed keen on it, so I'm going to stat taking names. If people are interested feel free to drop me a PM here or a DM in discord. Or even better, apply here.

I'm looking to kick it off after the knock out stage of the CRP Championship, so the more the merrier. The league format will be reasonable similar to the current SWL format (because it's a great format) and will be looking to keep it as simple and easy going as possible.

A special note that this is intended to be a meta league for big teams, and would remind everyone that the SWL draft and subsequent league is going to be awesome.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Im starting to get excited. There’s a tonne of theory bowl going on in chat and in my head. I want that sweet first BB16 prem title!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So it will be SWL LXXI with conferences, then BBC III, then SWL LXXII for the first BB16 premier title?

Does the winner of BBC III get a golden ticket into prem if they're not there already? That would be cool...

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be no BBC this year.

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2018 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So, 4 regular seasons instead of 3 and BBC?

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

[Luddite mode On] BBC? [/Luddite mode]

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Just do a google search for it oozeboss

Bio template here.
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@oozeboss, The Bob Borc Cup (BBC) has been run the last couple years in place of a regular season, most recently as a big swiss tourney for all SWL teams with playoffs for the top few. Five full regular seasons is just a bit tight for time. Do not google that. Wink

@Smegish, We've got time for four regular seasons to finish before Christmas this year (and the usual Fringe Waikikamukau over the new year). Don't anyone be late with the draft list, we won't be waiting for you. Very Happy

@Foad, have a chat with Balle2000 about maybe integrating that with the Thunderdome trials, always good to see some fringe games with the old teams going off, could be a few of them applying to fringe soon enough. Also, Late Show, properly unloved fringe team they are, what with the Bombadier. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Tuss.

Googling BBC comes up with far more than merely that, including stuff that shouldn't be brought up in front of the kiddies.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Does season LXXI have a Prem group? Or will there be no Prem winner for season LXXI?

Oscar Wilde
Foad

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:

[*] All participation will occur at the conference level. 8 teams will be promoted to the Premier to fight for the first BB16 title next season. Teams will likely be demoted to Regionals to create a division next season.

As per the first post Smile Same as SWL XXXX.

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad,

My Revolution is completely gutted to have been knocked out of the final CRP cup (probably via Norse collusion, those pesky elfs notwithstanding).
Happy to enter talks regarding the legacy league.

Jump to: