47 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Linemen 0-16 40K 6/3/3/7 Animosity, Thrall G/ASPM
Zombie 0-16 40K 4/3/3/8 Regeneration, Animosity G/ASP
Brawler 0-4 90K 7/3/3/8 Wrestle, Thick Skull, thrall GS/APM
Ghoul 0-2 70K 7/3/3/7 Dodge, Animosity GA/SP
Vampire 0-1 110K 6/4/4/8 Regeneration, Hypnotic Gaze, Blood Lust, Animosity GSA/P

Apoth: No
Reroll: 70K

*Any human in this team that is killed is resurrected as a normal Zombie post game. They keep their SPP and skills gained.

*Animosity works so humans have to roll when giving the ball to the undead, and the undead have to roll it when giving the ball to the humans. Animosity on the undead represents the various charms/garlic the humans wear, so the undead don't want to get into touching range.

Background:

Sylvania is theoretically a state of the Empire of Man. However, it has officially flipped allegiances between the Empire and Vampire counts, but always been defacto independent from everyone, as few outsiders bother to come in to these mutant and undead infested forests.

The rise of Blood Bowl passed Sylvania by. The few Sylvanians who had who heard of blood bowl thought it was some horrific orgy of blood where the other races indulged in "sweet pork" (I.E. cannabalism). Yet, even this isolated land could not keep out the rise of the sport forever, even if only because Undead, Vampire, and Necromancer teams keep passing through for games in human lands.

Finally, after several bad harvests and a desperation for funds, the people of Sylvania allied with the undead horrors infesting their swamps and made teams to hopefully win some glory for their misty homes, even if their old mistrusts for outsides and each other run deep.

Rational:

Sylvania is the Transylvania of the Warhammer Fantasy world. It is filled with zenophobic humans and undead creatures hiding in the various swamps. In fact the old maps list "Zombie Marshes" and "Ghoul Woods" as locations. Also the nominal lord of Sylvania has often been various Vampies, the most recent was Mannfred von Carstein. So this was clearly a human/Undead/Vampire hybrid team.

Zombies, Ghouls, and the Vampire are both very obvious and I put them in as they are from their standard teams. However, I gave them animosity as humans in Sylvania routinely use charms for various gods, which will do something to repel the undead. I also only allowed the team to take one Vampire as they are pretty rare in Sylvania, so the Vampire is a sorta Big Guy of the team.

Originally I was going to give this team standard human linemen and Blitzers but with Thrall, but that didn't feel right for such an isolated and unorganized land, and that would step on the realm of the secret league Lahmian Teams. Instead, I took some positionals from the Border Prince Team, namely their linemen and the brawlers, as this seemed to fit the fluff better, Thick Skull particularly as Sylvanians are more used to pain than normal humans. I also considered giving the linemen Decay, to represent the plague that still lingers and their rather starved people, but I feel like that is a bridge to far into making them too awful. Also the Linemen are 40K as they have two different nega traits (animosity and thrall) and if they didn't cost that I feel no one would take them over the Zombies.

(As the final human positional I made up the Hunters. While I can't find specific reference to them in Sylvania, I did find plenty of references to even normal people take anti-undead precautions, so it wasn't too much of a stretch. thus, like the Purifiers on the Sisters of Sigmar team they have Stakes and Stab. No thrall because any Vampire who would try to snack on them would find a stake in their heart.) I decided to remove them upon suggestion.

The human players have doubles mutation access as the large amount of warpstone in the ground in Sylvania makes mutations far more common than in other human lands, and mutants are more accepted in Sylvania.

As a final touch, I gave this team version of the Numas ressurection rule, as it is common for Sylvanians to be dump corpses into one of the various marshes only for them to return as zombies.

Overall, this team is probably a tier 2 team at best.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 19, 2018 - 02:55; edited 2 times in total
Teppich

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hunters and Vamp on one team seems a stretch

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2018 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Teppich wrote:
Hunters and Vamp on one team seems a stretch

Yeah, that is dumb. I will remove them.
acroPhobia

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Question- How is Thrall a nega-trait? Sure, it's bad for the player in question, but it's a positive for the team as a whole.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

acroPhobia wrote:
Question- How is Thrall a nega-trait? Sure, it's bad for the player in question, but it's a positive for the team as a whole.

Hmm... You're right. I will remove thick skull to justify the low human player cost.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

How come everyone has animosity ? makes no sense for a brain dead zombie or a dead guy to gave animosity, no other undead or vampire team has it. Dont know that much about warhammer history, but brawler
also doesnt make much sense. why not just use wights or regular thralls.
Its just 1 player with st4 and no ag4. undeads have 4 ghouls for example, and just one vamp in this team makes it really bad
I mean eather choose human team or vamp team or undead team. this is neither, its just a blend of several teams, and not competitive at all, im sorry but I dont like it much.

another note:
new team creations like this is rather pointless, ive seen hundres of suggestions already and aboulutely none have been made out of it. Its fun to make teams, but rather pointless.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 04:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nextflux wrote:
How come everyone has animosity ? makes no sense for a brain dead zombie or a dead guy to gave animosity, no other undead or vampire team has it. Dont know that much about warhammer history, but brawler
also doesnt make much sense. why not just use wights or regular thralls.
Its just 1 player with st4 and no ag4. undeads have 4 ghouls for example, and just one vamp in this team makes it really bad
I mean eather choose human team or vamp team or undead team. this is neither, its just a blend of several teams, and not competitive at all, im sorry but I dont like it much.

another note:
new team creations like this is rather pointless, ive seen hundres of suggestions already and aboulutely none have been made out of it. Its fun to make teams, but rather pointless.

Animosity Explanation: Unlike the thralls of the Vampire teams, the players here are not under the control of the Vampire. Also this area is known for distrust in general and taking anti-undead precautions.

The Brawlers are from this team: https://fumbbl.com/help:BorderPrincesT
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2018 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

Animosity Explanation: Unlike the thralls of the Vampire teams, the players here are not under the control of the Vampire. Also this area is known for distrust in general and taking anti-undead precautions.

The Brawlers are from this team: https://fumbbl.com/help:BorderPrincesT

IF they distrust undeads, why is the team full of undead players. Heck its almost only undeads! so they distrust themselves. doesnt make sense at all to me.

edit:
actually the undeads have animosity, would suggest that its the undeads that distrust the humans.

edit2: also:
resurrected zombies get to keep their ssp, why ?

this roster is really bad, not that it would be created if it was really good eather, but this isnt even a long shot.
 Jump to: