40 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My stable is lizzi, choas dwarf and high elf. And we're searching for a 4th coach to join our French Connexion. If you're not french, we will still accept you, lol.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Right Guys,

Its time to start compiling the Stables list. If you have a complete stable with names, coaches and races can you PM them to myself and Wallace so we can start filling in the position table.

-Ren
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, been offline for a few days but we are back in business!

There seems to have been some concerns that to many bashy teams will be entered in this league. Just remember that you will only play each stable once in the round robin if you take 4 dwarf teams, you lose the games but smash the opposition teams then not only have you lost the league points you could have gotten by winning the match, but you give all stables that play your opponents after you an easy win, so think twice before you think it's so clever to create a killer stable...

I'm currently updating the group page with a table Renegade made for me to reflect the stables that have PM'd me so far. There seems to be a lot of teams on the group page but few finalised stables, therfore we need to get organised.

The deadline for getting you stable together will be <b> next sunday 11th July </b>. If you have any reason why you can't get organised by then (such as a stable member being away till after that date) make sure you PM me. Anyone that does not have a stable by then MUST PM me indicating that they were unable to find a stable, be sure to tell me where you live (I.e. you timezone) and I will do my best to get you into groups. DO NOT rely on me as a matchmaking service however as we need to have an even number of stables so the stragglers will missout if we need to cull to get to an even amount.

I had hoped to get 4 stables to run a small test league but it appears interest is greater than expected! This is really good and hopefully we can get six or maybe even 8 stables together!

Get those PM's coming in guys!

Oh P.S. I will trawl the two forum threads for details of stables that have been sorted already but after I check through tonigh I will only be going from PM's, too confusingo to look in three places at once! If you sort out your stable, please PM me ASAP!

Good luck and Have fun guys!
SirShadowcat

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2004 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello are there any scandinavian stables forming up???? I´m intresting in joining one. But i can join anyone stable who wants me
meanandgreen

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace wrote:
Hi guys, been offline for a few days but we are back in business!

There seems to have been some concerns that to many bashy teams will be entered in this league. Just remember that you will only play each stable once in the round robin if you take 4 dwarf teams, you lose the games but smash the opposition teams then not only have you lost the league points you could have gotten by winning the match, but you give all stables that play your opponents after you an easy win, so think twice before you think it's so clever to create a killer stable...

I'm currently updating the group page with a table Renegade made for me to reflect the stables that have PM'd me so far. There seems to be a lot of teams on the group page but few finalised stables, therfore we need to get organised.

The deadline for getting you stable together will be <b> next sunday 11th July </b>. If you have any reason why you can't get organised by then (such as a stable member being away till after that date) make sure you PM me. Anyone that does not have a stable by then MUST PM me indicating that they were unable to find a stable, be sure to tell me where you live (I.e. you timezone) and I will do my best to get you into groups. DO NOT rely on me as a matchmaking service however as we need to have an even number of stables so the stragglers will missout if we need to cull to get to an even amount.

I had hoped to get 4 stables to run a small test league but it appears interest is greater than expected! This is really good and hopefully we can get six or maybe even 8 stables together!

Get those PM's coming in guys!

Oh P.S. I will trawl the two forum threads for details of stables that have been sorted already but after I check through tonigh I will only be going from PM's, too confusingo to look in three places at once! If you sort out your stable, please PM me ASAP!

Good luck and Have fun guys!

I haven't got the names of the coaches yet but you wont have to worry about bashing: 3 teams are the following:
the captain's: nuffle's balls (NWA) (goblin team, I'm the coach)
Julius: fatties fellows (NWA) (halfling team)
Daxez: UETPHR (NWA) ( stands forUnited elves team for the prevention of "human" rights) (high elf team, noob coach
not yet registered: not yet decided name (not yet decided team, noob coach)

well, I dont think our succes will be high but it'll be fun Razz !

P.S. the name is NWA (Noobs With Attitude), please save a place for us, we'll get it all round before the 11th
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2004 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note, if you want to make sure you get a place a post like that will not gaurantee it. If someone gets four teams organised and PM's me before you guys I will have to give them the place. As of writing this there are 9 stables sorted, so unless we get three more before sunday only 1 more will be included.
Barash

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

before Sunday.. you mean yesterday July 11? or Sunday July 18?

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

When is the league starting? My stable is itching to play.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Righto chaps, we are finally ready to go! Sorry it took a day or so longer than I said, there were a few lateish entries that needed a bit more time to get ready. We have managed to reach 14 full stables of teams which is much larger than I expected, but the more the merrier! Sorry if anyone else was wanting to get a stable in but I can't delay the start any further.

So, can everyone check the table on the group page to make sure there are no typos or errors, let me know of any changes that are needed. I'm going to start making up the draw, so in a few hours that should appear on the group page as well. To ease everyone into it, I'll probably make this coming sunday 18th the deadline for declaring matchups, then another 2 weeks after that for the games. Of course you can start playing the games once the matchups are sorted.

The group page now shows the draw for round 1. The * indicates which stable won the toss. The captains of those stables now need to indicate whether they want to decide the first matchup, or let the opponent decide the first one, then decide the last three. I'm going to open up a new thread for this purpose, to save cluttering this one up with the many posts this will take.

For each stable match this round I've create a tournament with the teams from both stables. This will let me see the results of each game once they are played, but be carefull <b> Do Not play any games other than those agreed upon by the match-up declarations!</b> it will be possible to do so and can't be undone (at least in terms of the team development you get from the extra games). I'm therfore relying on you guys not to make any mistakes in the games that you play. I could have waited till the match-ups were declared and then make tournaments that ensured you could only play the correct opponent, but that way would mean you need to wait for me to update the tournies each time a match-up is declared.. this would slow things down a lot. The way it stands now, once you have declared the match-ups you can immediately start playing games.

I will have to enforce penalties on coaches that play the wrong opponent so please make sure you know how the system works, if you are at all confused check with me first.

If anyone is unsure of what to do, post your questions here so I don't have to answer the same question many times by PM! Feel free to PM if you want though with any concerns you have that you don't feel belong here.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

One more quick word for now, I've just updated the group page again with new sections 'League scoring' and 'incompleted games'. Please make sure you read these, they are jsut formalising what has been covered in the forums but make sure you read them so you know the league rules.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the first league/group/tourney I have done on FUMBBL, so obviously I have a few questions Smile. Do we have to transfer teams to tournament division to play? Do we just play games like normal(I know only our scheduled matches can be played) and let you sort it out?

Pardon the noob questions Smile.
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

umm, your team is already in the correct division, is in the group, and has also been added to the appropriate tournament for your first round match. All you need to do is play the correct opponent. Everything else is handled by me and the tournament tools.
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wallace.

Like I said, first grop/tourney... Smile
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace - you should probably put the Stable Matchup thread link on the home page. I am having trouble finding it.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2004 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Done
 Jump to: