42 coaches online • Server time: 16:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should Pointy take?
Dodge (double: defense?)
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Pro (double: to calm his rage?)
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
MV (stat: Zoom?)
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
AV (stat: Tough?)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tackle (double: offense?)
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Sidestep (double: Sneaky?)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Guard (Normal: Ignore gifts?!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Delicious pie (hungry?)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 43

Guardikai

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this minotaur just rolled 5+5 double.

What is best for him?

I can actually see a lot working. Sure, there are the two stats and either could be good - MV for threat range (though truthfully he quickly begs bogged down) or AV (mostly for fouls). However, there are also a nice number of doubles. Tackle helps him on offense, but also goes well with eventual prehensile tail. He has tentacles too. Dodge is defensive as he does get targeted. Sidestep would make him a real nuisance, especially if he gets stand firm one day. The skill recommendation on the site is Pro, likely because of raaaaage.

I could take a normal too, but that seems a waste. What do you all advise?
T_Witch

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

there are good arguements for a few of those. Went with pro to make him a little more functional, second choice was a toss up between dodge for survivability and sidestep cause it's awesome
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

He is developing into an awesome Mino. Tackle will really help both his blitzing and stopping people escaping. But as he is a frenzy fella I would go move6 to help cover flanks or get back behind your line when he does a short blitz in front. Move 5 is very slow for frenzy.

Pro is recommended on the chaos strategy guide? It would certainly help. Not sure if it is best amongst lots of good options.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

With tentacles, it seems like he's going to be surrounded by a lot of enemy, and take a fair amount of blows. Dodge seems like a good fit to keep him upright.

Plus, if he gets Break Tackle down the road, it works nicely together with it.

Or, a blodging Stand Firmer at Strength 5 and Tentacles is a nightmare.

Lot of nice options for this nicely developing Minotaur.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge now, stand firm 76, juggernaut 176.

and he'll be a crowd surfing, claw crunching nightmare.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge.

Gotta love a Blodge minotaur...
Zirgantz

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for Dodge now (he is only av8 after all) and Break Tackle for his next level up.
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro and dodge winning out.

Anyone with a minotaur care to say which they'd take?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2018 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge. Blodge big guy is what you want usually - skill appreciates in value with both stand firm and break tackle (BT is not even necessary depending on how you wish to use him).

My main reason for taking dodge is basically that this guy is now not going to blitz every turn, in fact, given you've a developed team (and will be looking to re-add about 400k TV), he's probably not even going to blitz most turns. That means right now he has two possible career paths in my eyes: (a) roadblock, or (b) undeniable and half-useless bloat.

You're pretty happy blitzing people into him, or getting him in the middle of the scrum from the start via LOS blocks, so from here it's all about taking skills that keep him on his feet, and keep him in that mess of players - dodge now, stand firm next if he's still alive.

Tackle is fun, but he's no longer your no1 blitzer, and let's face it, if there is a blodger or w/e you have to get down, you will not use the mino. I'd also add that if you took tackle, a wrestle/dodge elf has pretty much the same odds to -2d you away/down as he does to beat tentacles anyway (and is actually about 1/4 to put you on the deck, either via wrestle or rolling 5/6).

Pro? Nah. He doesn't lose his TZ when he roars, so it's not a critical failure unless he was actually blitzing on most occasions. Again, from the way you play, this is something you can naturally avoid, or won't really encounter. So what else is it good for - free reroll on pushes? Maybe your sort of thing, definitely not mine: not when the alternative is having block/tents marking up for sure. Potential reroll on skulls is nice, but if you skill as a roadblock he can probably go the rest of his career being useful without ever actually throwing a block.

Croixfer has a mino in box who's been around for ages and is annoying as hell for most opponents - https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11174541 You've got the chance to improve on that by having dodge too, take it Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2018 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks AD, really informative and good points! Dodge it is Smile
juck101

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2018 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah we have a tabletop ogre with frenzy blodge sf, and hes a pain. I guess dodge is a good pick. Guard or sf are pretty ace always on a mino later. BT if you want a trick play
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2018 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably dodge.

Jump to: