45 coaches online • Server time: 00:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forum thread for Season LXXII

Links:

Season LXXII
  • Schedule
    First round will begin on Monday the 4th of June with a deadline of the 18th of June. Round 7 will finish on the 30th of July.
  • Structure
    We will have 1 Premier, 3 Conference and 1 Regional division(s).

New Rules
  • Rollover
    Season LXXII will be the first season after the introduction of the rollover rules. Please ensure you have followed the instructions and your team is correctly prepared to start the season by Sunday the 3rd of June
  • Trial of Blood
    The Trial of Blood has been changed. Drafted teams must now play exactly 2 games against SWL compatible ruleset teams in preparation. No More, No Less. Note: We will be looking to rebuild our fringe stock under this ruleset for future tournaments.
  • Future Changes
    We are closely monitoring the effects of the rollover rules and reserve the right to make changes to the formula at any time in the interest of the league, perhaps even with little notice. Please keep an eye on the forums.

General Reminders
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.
  • General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.

Thankyou to everyone who participated in Season LXXI - it was a tremendous success. I personally love the flavour of most of the new teams and am encouraged by the buzz around the league. I would like to thank the pitch logo creators for their excellent work. I would also like to thank our admin team for their hard work in preparing for the rollover and especially Barre for coming to our aide with an excellent script. Let's see who is going to win the first Prem of the BB16 rules and which teams will emerge to create history in this exciting new chapter for the SWL.

Last edited by Tomay on May 30, 2018 - 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Welcome to the rebuy! Woo!

You may have noticed a million dollars in your team treasury. Shocked Thanks fumbbl admin!

Your teams will either be in a position to gain TV, or to lose TV (or to do neither), depending on the state they finished in compared to their rebuy allowance.

http://info.swl.org.au/post-season/71 LOOK AT THAT

That's a summary of all the rebuy allowances (not including FF, as tussock's earlier estimates did, so heads up).

Click your team name there, for all your team's values even MNG players, and in big bold at the top, if you are in a position to gain or to lose TV relative to your end of season position, when swladmin recorded all the teams.

1. Make a plan. Many of you already have, but for instance.

• If Chaos had say 100k to cut, well, either cut a rookie Blocker or a team RR and a rookie Goat and keep 20k cash.

2. Get into it! Execute your plan to change your TV appropriately on your team's fumbbl page. You need to finish with 11 players.

3. Then replace. Whatever needs replaced, such as injured rookies, or 0spp rookies who failed to perform, or whatever else you want. This is why so much money, you may like to sack most of your team for failing you! Sack the rot, bring in young bloods.

4. Trim excess cash. You can only keep as much cash as you are under the target, 20k more cutting than required? 20k cash max. Buy and sell RRs, linos, AC/CL, get rid of it.

5. PM swladmin to let us know you're ready. We'll double-check for ya. Smile

6. Don't ready until we tell ya.

If you're not sure you're planning it right, all good, some time before cutting the last of your cash, ask around in discord chat, or here in the forum, or a PM to swladmin.

Parking teams, feel free to skip this, eh, do it when you come back. Retiring teams, it's good practice, trim away.

NB: Numbers on the swl.org page are your team after the end of season, if you've since sacked players, you probably knew what you were doing, and can just finish up. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Coaches!

A request re PMs for scheduling. Let's keep working on it Smile

Do not just write: "When you free?"

Instead provide: Days and Times that you are normally available and inquire if the opponent finds any of these suitable?

As the opponent: Please advise either Yes this time suits... or advise those times are tough and make a counter proposal with Days and Times.

Hopefully this will make sure everyone can find suitable times to schedule games early and avoid unnecessary forfeits.

Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Reserved, for something useful or another.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

So we can finally add rerolls and not pay double? It seems to me that rerolls should now always be bought at the end of the season?

Oscar Wilde
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
So we can finally add rerolls and not pay double? It seems to me that rerolls should now always be bought at the end of the season?

There was an open request? Razz

Alternative thought re end of season buy: the RRs are probably the easiest 'fat' to cut if you are trying to retain some quality players at the rebuy... Smile

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, can we buy rerolls cheap mid-season or not? I'm confused now. My understanding was you can't but you can (effectively) get them cheap during the rebuy? In which case they're bad fat to cut in terms of being able to replace them mid season (unlike e.g. reserves, positionals and theoretically apo)
tussock

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Your understanding is correct, Irgy.

But you can still buy RRs at mid season, but not buy a player with three skills already on them, so dropping a RR is infinitely more replaceable than some things.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2018 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fantasy League is back for the new era! The SWL Fantasy League is the perfect opportunity to add flair, excitement and passion in following SWL. How does it work? Select 11 players from 11 different teams and watch as they give you their hard-earned SPP. The fantasy team with the most SPP by the end of the season will be awarded the Fantasy Cup (currently held by Mushoomy).

Rules:

-You have a 1100 budget to buy players. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost.

-You may spend 1150 on your team if you include a big guy in your roster. A big guy includes Trolls, Ogres, Mummies Etc. This number does not increase if you were to choose more than one big guy.

-Rosters may only have 11 players. You can not go above or below this number

-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you can not have two players from Bravado.

-Maximum of one position type per race. This means you are unable to get 2 Undead ghouls, but you may get 1 Necromantic ghoul and 1 Undead Ghoul. (Yes, that means if you wish, you can field 3 types of Skaven Linemen.)

-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 72 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 72 is ineligible for your fantasy team.

-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is to ensure full focus on SWL. This also means if you are not currently an SWL player, you may still participate in the Fantasy League.

-MVP's are not included in SPP Total.

The team that has totalled the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League.

Please PM me your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is THE END OF ROUND 1 OF SWL. In your PM, please use this format:

Player Name - Cost - Team - Race + Position - Player ID

The longer you wait, the larger chance that your favourite players will have played their round 1 games so get those PM's rolling! Please ensure that your team complies with the rules before sending it to me. Let's see how the fantasy will go down with the new rules!

Updates to the fantasy league can be found on this thread:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=724335#724335

Last edited by mushoomy on Jun 04, 2018 - 10:03; edited 1 time in total
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 27 teams ready for S72 already, 10 teams yet to touch their million, 2 who are part way through, and 1 looks finished but hasn't got the PM to swladmin.

Finish up Sunday, coaches, or get that parking PM in, whichever it is.

--

Kickoff Monday, I can't hardly wait. Here's to a Khemri-friendly draw, and no rain all season.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2018 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Are all the fillers really fillers? Or we just waiting on teams to get finished?
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2018 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Waiting on teams.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to make a quick post addressing some of the concerns that have been raised regarding star players.

I have noticed that a lot of these concerns have been raised by coaches who did not participate during the LRB4 era and have therefore only been exposed to the almost infinite numbers possible under CRP for an individual player. While I don't want to sound dismissive of these concerns, I hope to offer a different perspective.

We will have legendary players in BB16, they might just look a little diferent to those from CRP. And yes, these star players under BB16 can (and will) be held in just as high regard as those of CRP. It should also be noted that we do plan on dividing SWL records into the 3 distinct eras to reflect the different metagames of those eras. Your players are currently working towards achieving records representing this era, they also have the potential to earn distinguished Twahnlows and be immortalised on the group page and to represent their division in the All Star Team.

During LRB4 where player careers were much shorter, we had ageing and you were punished for accruing SPP beyond what was needed for skills, we still had numerous legendary icons within SWL. The Duke, Blax, DiscoDan, etc, etc. Having experienced that environment, I actually felt as though the few stars in the league were more special due to their rarity. During LRB4 at any stage I could pretty much name every player in the league with over 75 SPP.

One thing I am personally glad to see the end of is grandfathered rosters with several superstars dominating the on field game play. Too many teams were able to maintain rosters full of superstars which basically determined success more so than coaching - on some occasions teams like Intoxicated Mayhem could pencil in 3-4 wins based on their roster alone within their division. This was evident by the lack of new teams making an impact in the Premiership division compared to the past as a significant time was required to build a roster up to the level required to compete, something which isn't very welcoming to redrafters or new players.

So we have entered a new era and things are different, but rather than lamenting what these rules may be missing, I believe our coaches should embrace the return to a team focused environment with a more even playing field. And don't forget, you can still create legends - they just may not get to 558 SPP.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

As a small addition, I personally am not against rules that force reduction of the overstuffed legacy teams.

I just think rebuys would have proven enough.

Rebuys force you to be creative about limiting team progression over the years.

"Wants to Retire" is that plus forcing the coach to do it a specific way.
Fool

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2018 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the new rule set, although I'd like to see the niggles rule implemented when possible. I have played 4 seasons with the new rule set in a table top league, and many of the coaches had the same worries that have been expressed here to begin with. Those worries have subsided over time. I'd like to see the SWL give the current rules a shot for a few seasons before implementing any changes.
 Jump to: