29 coaches online • Server time: 08:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2018 - 02:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg is a weekly league for New Zealand based coaches. Coaches from elsewhere able to commit to NZ prime time (7pm - 9pm nzt) are also welcome.

Season 13 kicks off Sunday 24th June. Teams new to DIBBL can build up to 1500 TW (including treasury) with friendlies to prep for entry into the league. Can play anyone in competitive games (no all snotling teams), but cannot play the same team twice. So if you're interested, you have around 2 weeks to get your team sorted.

One rule change brought in to close the gap slightly between established teams and newcomers is being kept for S13. The treasury system is currently broken in League. No spiraling expenses, no expensive mistakes. This has meant the old timers have been able to build up massive cash reserves, so even if they get smashed they can replenish easily. Compare this to the 1500tv teams that come in with no cash at all.

Existing teams and returning teams who have not played friendlies since leaving the league:
No cap on TW. However if TV+treasury>2100k, then treasury must be cut to 100k
e.g. TW = 1950, treasury can be no more than 150k; TW = 2000, treasury can be no more than 100k; TW = 2500k treasury can be no more than 100k.
The treasury restriction is only for the first game of the season, treasury can grow freely throughout the season.

League structure will be determined by the number of teams. Pools will be of equivalent standing with playoffs at the end of the season to determine the champion.

Season 13 teams so far:
ramchop:Image Transfusion Time Image
JPM: Image Roman Renegades Image
tussock:Image DIBBL Kids Image
Klazam: Image Old 'Murican Gods Image
mushoomy: Image High Elvis Image
PlantingLemur:Image Bonesfield Bakers Image
Karnov:Image North Scars Image
Wozzaa: Image Chatham Island Crows Image
bigbullies:Image Crouching Saurus Hidden Skink Image
TK3179: Image Whaka Warpfire Image
Foad:Image Blackwater Sting Image
DustBunny:Image Back Alley Burglars Image
SergTacos: Image Skull Hawky Image
paradocks: Image Disregarded Derelicts Image
DDAmAge112: Image Hauraki Horrors Image
Jevouse:Image Overly Refined Image

Last edited by ramchop on Jun 13, 2018 - 03:56; edited 4 times in total
pdarbs

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2018 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah im dropping. just too much in life atm that needs sorting out. i will be back though
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2018 - 08:59
FUMBBL Staff

You're welcome back anytime.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 14:36
FUMBBL Staff

View from above - Season Preview from your unbiased incorruptible Commish

Season 13! And 18 coaches again. Boborc, our friendly bot borrowed from SWL, has delivered us two cracking pools. Squishy and Breakable Division (named after the Season 8 champs) and Temporary Placeholder Division (Season 9 winners).

Last season your ever informed commish again picked a spectacular 2 out of the 6 Cup contenders. No surprises this season, I'll get all 6.

While we're waiting for one entry in the other pool to make the starting blocks, let's have a gander at Squishy and Breakable.

Squishy and Breakable Division
As Borc made the draw this one seemed to be the all killer division, but then a bunch of lambs were led in, there'll be both killing and death.

ImageDisregarded Derelicts (paradocks)
TW 2170k. Champs of S11, and one of the two the commish correctly picked to qualify for the S12 top tier play offs. The biggest brutes of DIBBL, there'll be a few opposiiton coaches in tears after facing this lot.
Player to watch: Superstar basher - Not a stat freak, but caused the most pain two seasons in a row - Nighobi
Prediction: 1st in pool, Champion

ImageBack Alley Burglars (DustBunny)
TW 2340k. OGRES! They came close to making the top tier last season. Now they're even tougher, with 5 out of the 6 Ogres having the golden skill of Block, they'll easily make the playoffs (if they can keep they're heads)
Players to watch: LEGEND, Ag3 M7 TD rushing machine Chop
LEGEND, St6 Cas blocking machine Murgatroid
Prediction: 2nd in pool, exit first round of playoffs

Image mountain gorillas (pdarbs)
TW 2170k. If the curse is real, then I'm a horrible commish for picking these monkeys for a top 3 spot. Despite wanting a break, they stepped up and answered the call to even up numbers in the Leeg. And they are big Apes - I just struggle to see where all that TV is hiding. Nuffle will reward.
Player to watch: Undisputed star of the team, 99spp in a mere 35 games, hired help
Prediction: 3rd in pool, exit first round of playoffs

ImageCrouching Saurus Hidden Skink (bigbullies)
TV 2230k. The great Legend greyii is no more, time for the team to gel and play as a unit. There are still a couple of fine skinks, but experience is lacking in the front row.
Player to watch: yes there are nice skinks, but it's a big Saurus that'll put in the grunt work, stephensii
No, I can't skip a LEGEND, go you good skink! striatum
Prediction: 4th in pool

ImageBlackwater Sting (Foad)
TV 1570k. After a horror entry into DIBBL these legendary SWL dark elves are looking broken. They say you only need 3 elves to win a game, these guys have 6 (and a few journeymen to back them up)
Player to watch: LEGEND - Has played more games than any DIBBL team, but is a wee bit slower than he was a season ago, still be very afraid of - Mickey "The Don" Marino
Prediction: 5th in pool

ImageHigh Elvis (mushoomy)
TV 1490k. Another broken elf team. I feel one will fly high, another will plummet. Couldn't decide which was which, so I hedged my bets and plopped them both in the middle.
Player to watch: LEGEND - So strong! So agile! So delicate! SWL Legend Blue Suede Shoes
Prediction: 6th in pool

ImageBonesfield Bakers (PlantingLemur)
TW 1510k. Fresh from an appearance in the prestigious Boot final and full of confidence. Not very big though, almost look like new entrants.
Player to watch: He's a star, a niggled star. If he lives, errr, remains animated, he'll score all the TDs - Massa Sovada
Prediction: 7th in pool

ImageOld 'Murican Gods (Klazam)
TW 1780k. The Americans had a dream run in their first season. Both barrels of the glass cannons blasted their way to Cup playoffs. And it was there they discovered that glass can break. It'll get smashed this season, and coach Klazam will soon rue not bringing his Bretts instead.
Player to watch: The big, the mighty, Rock Johnson
Prediction: 8th in pool

ImageWhaka Warpfire (TK3179)
TW 1420k. The amazing teeny mice, survived, if not thrived last season. And they're a little bit bigger than before. They are still the smallest in the pool, and will feel the pain.
Player to watch: With 4 TDs to his name, he has nearly scored half his team's points. This rat has a hunger for success, will he finally taste it? Skirs-rassbaz
Prediction: Last in pool

Last edited by ramchop on Jun 18, 2018 - 20:31; edited 1 time in total
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Klazam's superior predictions:

Disregarded Derelicts 1st
Back Alley Burglars 2nd
Crouching Saurus Hidden Skink 3rd
Old 'Murcian Gods 4th
Bonesfield Bakers 5th
mountain gorillas 6th
Blackwater Sting 7th
Whaka Warpfire 8th
High Elvis 9th

Order may vary but im pretty sure i got the Cup, Plate, Boot entrants right.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2018 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Little rats can run double Rogres, and Morg on the big boys, that works pretty well, if they stay on the pitch.

Khemri just love Ramtut, and Sehtek. 655554, it's not an Ogre team, there's no bonehead!

Elves, they'll have it rough, can't see BSS surviving this lot. Will of course both win a few.

Norse? Yeah, good luck with the claws against the big teams, especially the one with claws.

And good luck to pdarbs, apes against this lot, that's gunna need a few dodges, innit.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 09:13
FUMBBL Staff

View from above - Season Preview from your unbiased incorruptible Commish

And now onto the important pool - the one with the Shield in it

Temporary Placeholder Division
Named after the Season 9 Champs, this group has a nice mix of the old and the new. The Holder, the Challengers, and the Ineligible.

ImageOverly Refined (jevouse)
TV 2420k. The frog coach cried out for a longer season, don't let a first round upset destroy a contender's season! His wishes were granted, and I'm sure his Slann can deliver.
Player to watch: Superstar M9 speed freak, the only paper LEGEND left in the Leeg Cull the Crude
Prediction: 1st in pool, beaten semifinalist

ImageTransfusion Time (ramchop)
TW 2440k. Unbeaten last season until the semi-final against the eventual winner. Plus the top-3 teams from last season have stepped out for a bit. A bit of self-harm will keep them in second place in the pool, but they'll smash through to make the Grand Final
Player to watch: 50spp in 6 games, this guy is on fire - Scorcher
(and a nice pair of LEGENDS too)
Prediction: 2nd in pool, beaten finalist

ImageDIBBL Kids (tussock)
TW 1700k. Unlike the other Norse, the glass on these cannons will withstand a bit of bash. It might come down to a tiebrreaker, but they'll just sneak into 3rd,
Player to watch: He won't make Legend this season, but he will make a few big strrides on the journey there, Ag4 blodge lino ddamage
Prediction: 3rd in pool, exit first round of playoffs

ImageRoman Renegades (JPM)
TW 1950k. A pact team made the Final last season, but it wasn't this one. There is mighty blow, and claw, and a lot of guard. However, there are big guys and the frustration that comes with them.
Player to watch: Although there are some other players who are perhaps a bit scarier, who doesn't love a Block Cow? Gaius Fimbria
Prediction: 4th in pool

ImageHauraki Horrors (DDAmAge112)
TW 2050k. Four nasty superstars will be smashing their way to another Plate competition. And nipping at their heel, scoring the occasional TD is an annoying ghoul.
Player to watch: Super star - of the big 4, it's the one with Frenzy who'll be causing the most pain. Merani Mayham
Prediction: 5th in pool

ImageNorth Scars (Karnov)
TW 1830k. Coach K has garnered a reputation for killing beautiful things in DIBBL. Surprised many with an early run at the top last season.
Player to watch: the biggest of big guys. Horns, claws, frenzy, regen, more horror! Krampus Styles
Prediction: 6th in pool

ImageChatham Island Crows (Wozzaa)
TW 1590k. This pool seems a bit less bashy than the one the Crows found themselves in last season. Will the hurting stop? Hell no!
Player to watch: She's fast, she's undamaged! A star on the rise Magenta Petrol
Prediction: 7th in pool

ImageMisericors (DrPoods)
TW 1460k. Block spam with an Ag4 baller - is this a DIBBL Kids clone? Not with Av8 they're not, and DrPoods is already showning his hand at what the second skill choice is, one that hurts.
Player to watch: Agility! This one stands out from the crowd Linebacker
Prediction: 8th in pool

ImageSkull Hawky (Sergtacos)
TW 1490k. Blessed with two beautiful bulls, this is a nice team in the making. However, the coach is very green, and will struggle. He will learn a lot, and if he can develop the huge potential in this team could be a genuine threat in future seasons.
Player to watch: Movement 8 Blodge Bull! Goku
Prediction: Last in pool
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Klazam's superior predictions:

Transfusion Time 1st
Harauki Horrors 2nd
Roman Renegades 3rd
DIBBL Kids 4th
North Scars 5th
Overly Refined 6th
Skull Hawky 7th
Misercors 8th
Chatham Isle Crows 9th
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ramchop sees me as a bigger threat than Klazam because I can take the top two teams with any luck. Problem will be the three below me if bigbullies isn't up to the job of removing their muscle.

Not to mention the little squads, norse can have bad days against anyone. Fortunately not giving up too many inducements. How the draw for me?

Vamps, Undead, Chorfs, (bye), Frogs, Chosen, Khorne, Pact, and the Delves before the finals.

Frogs, Khorne, and Delves might be missing some, most of the rest will be strong, yeah, that'll make the season tough, I think the games I need to win all follow tough ones. Still, beat the Vamps, who knows, might at least spoil some parties. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Chorfs are better than Chaos at this point. I have Misericors with a hard fought 9th.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Chorfs are better than Chaos at this point. I have Misericors with a hard fought 9th.

Nope :p
Klazam

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Back from being smashed in the "Tickling" Cup playoffs on their inaugural season in the DIBBL, the OMG enters season 13 with high expectations of their team. Coach Klazam got the schedule for the season ahead of time, and had the team practice aganist their intended first round opponent, a rematch with the Blackwater Sting, but a suprise dropout from the other pool led to a reshuffle of matchups across the board. Klazam was dismayed to find that the OMG had to contend with the Back Alley Burglars, a monstrous ogre team led by Chop, the all time greatest rusher of the DIBBL. What made it worse was that two of OMG's star demigods were still recuperating from what happened to them in the playoffs.

Along with the Burglars and the rematch with Mickey "Don" Marino's Blackwater Sting, are those teams that OMG will play this season; Whaka Warpfire, the slightly-more-than-just-rookie Skaven team; Crouching Saurus Hidden Skink, a battered but powerful Lizard team; Bonesfield Bakers, a rematch with the Skeleton team that they played in the preseason training; High Elvis, a sharply culled High Elf team with an oneturning Legend; and the monsters of the DIBBL, Disregarded Derelicts. OMG aspires to reach fourth place this season.
tussock

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Season analysis premature!

Vamps, Undead, Chorfs, (bye), Frogs, Chosen, Khorne, Pact, and the Delves before the finals?

Nope: now Vamps, Pact, Frogs, Khorne, Chorfs, Undead, Chaos, no bye and no Delves.

Pact might get hurt on the Undead, Frogs may have their Krox back, Khorne will have fed well on the Vamps, Chorfs might have a post-Pact sad day, Undead come off crushing the Frogs, but the Chaos have just faced Khorne.

I'll take that, the bashier teams don't look as fresh, and the baller teams I'm not as concerned about. Net plus for the Kids, all is well. I'll have to play the delfs some time when their stadium is rebuilt, poor things.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2018 - 23:06
FUMBBL Staff

Rakhak's Hoof (aka "The Hoof", "The Rakhak")

The votes are in. All four candidates are different from last season's selection. Will this trophy ever be awarded?

Current player list:

Image The Mark: Mr Pig. Again Rakhak's coach displays extreme petulance by choosing an undeserving mark. Mr Pig is a special thrall, but not worthy of selection. But one thing Mr Pig has shown over time, he is a survivor.

Image The Dasher: Cull the Crude. A phenomenal frog. Very quick (m9) and a 1 turn machine. Slann cathcers are squishy, but this slippery customer has not a scratch on him. (5 votes)

Image The Terror: Krampus Styles. Not even a star yet. However, he's big and scary, and the sweet and innocent inhabitants of the Deserted Isles clearly just want him gone (4 votes)

Image The Freak: Blue Suede Shoes. Surely he's halfway dead already after a long and illustrious career in the Southern Wastes. Broken body, broken legs, but still freakishly strong and agile. Are the Deserted Isles where Legends come to die? (4 votes)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2018 - 11:53
FUMBBL Staff

Scoop! It seems a rival magazine's journalist mistakenly left his notes in a local titty bar. Being a principled newspaper we're not about to pass this off as our own work. So will publish it in its entirety, unedited:

=====

Andrew "The Enforcer" Andretti-Armani: "What the hell is this?" pointing to the gagged, bound and blindfolded person lying on the ground.

John "No More Bets" Gigliotti: "Capelli found him snooping around the back. You think he should take a long nap?"

The Enforcer: "Let's see what we got here first" he replied pulling out the battered mans wallet and flicking through the contents, stopping long enough to pocket the cash and pull out a press card and showing it to No More Bets. "Luigi Parmigiana, eh?"

No More Bets: "Luigi the Lips, I've heard of him, he's a reporter for the Deserted Isles Enquirer"

The Enforcer: "I guess that means you need to have a talk to the boss" and without a word poor Luigi is dragged through the kitchen and down a flight of stairs into, what he discerns as a dimly lit room where his bindings are adjusted so that he is now tied to a rather uncomfortable chair.

After what feels like an eternity, a light comes on and his blindfold is ripped off - and he finds himself staring down with a well dressed dark elf.

Mickey "The Don" Marino: "So what have we here?" Mickey remarks, ungagging their uninvited guest "Seems like we have ourselves an investigative reporter sneaking around our clubhouse..."

Luigi: "I swear I didn't see nuthin'" Luigi gasped "I'm just here for the DIBBL Leeg Section of the Enquirer... It's season 13 and I though I'd come down to you nightclub and get an interview with the new elves in town"

The Don: "Nightclub? This isn't a nightclub, this is just a dance studio. Do you see any bars? Any roulette wheels? Any showgirls?"

Luigi: "Well the were heaps of poker chips out in the shed there were some kegs of..."

The Don: "I SAID DO YOU SEE ANY BARS OR ROULETTE WHEELS?"

Luigi: "Um no, of course not... Turn markers and sports drink probably... No booze or gaming here... Definitely no chainsaws or bombs... And I definitely didn't see a Leman Russ getting stripped either..."

The Don: "Good, good... I see we've come to an understanding. You see we're just a few misunderstood businessmen trying to expand our totally legitimate entrepreneurial enterprises in the Deserted Isles, and while we're here, we're also going to get some blood bowl played. That's what we do..."

Luigi: "Yeah, yeah - we've heard nothing but good things about you people. Stand up guys, that's what they say, but happened to Injury Time? They had quite a following."

The Don: "Well, you see - they showed us all that elf ball was viable out here so we thought a few of the boys would come take a trip. We took lunch with Minsc, and made him an offer he couldn't refuse."

Luigi: *gulps* "An offer he couldn't refuse?"

The Don: "Hamster Jewellery"

Luigi: "Ah.. Hamster Jewellery, that actually makes sense. But there's only 6 of you..."

The Don: "Bloodbowl is a growth industry lad, you'd be surprised at how profitable we can make it. End of story. You got that?"

Luigi: "Yeah, yeah, I got it..."

The Don: "The get outta here you deadbeat..."

Luigi: "Can I have my wallet back?"

The Don: "GET OUTTA HERE!!!"

submitted by Foad
 Jump to: