55 coaches online • Server time: 12:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So which race will win?
Chaos Dwarf
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Lizardmen
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Khemri
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Chaos
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Wood Elf
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Dark Elf
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
Orc
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 55

PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There doesn't seem to be a topic for this, so I thought I would start one.

Eight races take to the finals: Chaos Dwarves, Dwarves, Orcs, Chaos, Lizardmen, Wood Elves, Dark Elves and Khemri. Which will emerge victorious? Share you thoughts on each of the teams, and the first round match ups.

Ladyboys, The vs Rraavvaattzzeewwaa

Badpublicity vs Cult of Shadows

Luckville Dodgers vs Beard Tripping

Ultimate Mr. Men vs Iowa Hawkorks

Predication? Banter?

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI - Dark Elf vs Orc (me vs Morehouse) will take place Monday 25th at 2130 BBtime. Bring rocks!

And I think the first round will be: Lizardmen, Chaos, Wood Elf and Dark Elf. (Sorry, had to back myself...)

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be there and bring rocks. Big, sharp-edged, fierce rocks and you will regret encouraging me to do so!! I will also bring some ice for my bruises as Malmir and I are looking to play on Friday at 21.00 already.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 12:56
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I'm your huckleberry. Your opinions may vary, because you may be wrong.

Ladyboys, The vs Rraavvaattzzeewwaa

Two very experienced coaches, with 2 very nicely built teams. The CD have the better record, but are also a lot younger and have had to rebuild less.

The 2190 CD have 3 dp on their impressively lean Hobgobs, 3 claws and some so solid back up CDB with a single rookie. Good Bulls, and 200K inducements. But lack of +stats mean they are about as big as they can get. The only stat+ is a lovely +MA and +AG Bull, if it goes out, that's likely game. It lacks BT so looks to use its Blodge and AG3 for mobility. The other is a hitter. It's a great and effective build with no TV wasted on players, but with 5 rerolls and a Leader, is that a touch of bloat?

The 2400 Lizzards have those plus stats, including a skink with +MA and +AG. 3 Mobile Sauri, one str5 and some utility skinks with Side step and a DP. A weird str3 Skink could be handy too. The Krox is solid and the other 3 Sauri feature 2 experienced ones and a Rookie. 4 rerolls might be a little light if it goes to OT.

Very tough to call, Lizzies arnt easy for CD, with the speed and strength to catch and hurt the bulls. But the claws and DP can cut the Saurus apart with the right dice. My gut says 'bacon' but also, much more dimly, that the Lizzards will be mauled a bit, but stagger through.

Badpublicity vs Cult of Shadows

The Khemri are 1890, have 2 Block, Guard, MB TG's but the other two are guard, and block/Frenzy. They have a +AG blitz-Ra and a +AG Throw-Ra, a DP and a str4 Blitz-Ra with BT/Tackle/Guard, but no MB. Three rerolls and a Leader looks lightweight and its hard to look at these with love for a Major finals.

Nachtogens Chaos are 2630, fatter even than your Mom. A Claw Minotard, 2 Claw CW's and a str5 Tentacled CW and, er, loads of other players with few skills. one has +AG, sure hands and +MA, so the 'ball guy', 3 have tackle, 2 DP, one brings sandwiches and one just sits and knits.

The Khemri are too small and too shitty for this late in a Major, you have to think even the chunky inducements wont be enough. I'd bet Nachtogen would swap 3-4 beasts for 2 experienced ones though, there is a lot of crappy players in that fat chaos team. The Khemri have to hire STR to have any chance and swamp the field with BIG strong players. Like Chelsea back when they had money. I don't see it working though, sometimes size matters. Chaos for me.

Luckville Dodgers vs Beard Tripping

What do you get when you pile dung really really high? A 2640 Wood Elf team like this. Rawlf has distilled evil effectively into a team that features everything you don't want to face in a wood elf team. STR5 Dancer? yup. Natural one turner, with cover to stop him having to be played and ideally str1 for bonus style points? Check. Other dancer has tackle/wrestle/SS/DT? You bet he does. Some ag5 guys to scoop up loose balls? 3 of them. a DP for your top hurty fella when he's down? Indeed. Surely his tree is bloaty with loads of skills? No. Well you're ****** then? Yes, yes you are.

One of the reasons I didnt enter the CoS this year was Malmirs dwarves, showing my tiny guys up as both weak and ineffective. These huge dwarves came in around 2500. But after 3 Nurgle teams in a row, all that is left is 1840 of bloated looking rookies supporting a MA5 STR4 AG4 runner. It is so not enough that it's like Canada taking on the USA in anything other than Ice Hockey. It's laughable. I massively rate Malmir, and know myself that a good dwarf coach can always play up TV and do OK. But this is a ghost of a team that was, even with all 4 missings back i wouldnt gamble on it, as it is, it just looks sad.

Wood Elves win without breaking sweat, or a fingernail, and probably without needing the one turner.

Ultimate Mr. Men vs Iowa Hawkorks

Two shy retiring types here. Both widely regarded as very fine exponents of BB, including by themselves.

PeteW brings 2650 DE, the biggest of the big. 4 Blitzers of doom with a str5, an ag6, some ag5, some +MA, the kitchen sink, the power of The Word Of The Lord and the luck of a PeteW. Really it is ALL about those 4 DE Blitzers, the rest off the team is a little Meh, but it's job is to provide the platform for the Blitzers. No TV wasted on Assuckers or RunnerupyourTV's, and even only 1 witch, who despite the ag5 and Juggernaut positives is an av6 worry. But so far the power of prayer has kept her alive, who's to say that will ever change.

Morehouse says he's the best North American coach on FUMBBL, and while that's a lot like being the tallest dwarf, he means it as a compliment to himself. Having recently, finally, won the Major he craved so much his tail is up and his BB ego can now be seen from Mars without any artificial aids. He brings a 2270 Orc Team, despite being the best Wood Elf coach he has ever seen. On the downside 2 BOB's miss the game, on the plus side they wern't great anyways, and the two left are also not impressive. The Blitzers here are the stars, with UI magic gear, +stats and a good variety of worrying skills like DT and frenzy. Then there is a rookie Troll, 2 goblins and 2 throwers, which i can only assume are there for irony, or because Morehouse is SO good he can win with Orcs while throwing the ball. 6 rerolls and 3 DP and presumably some bribes from inducement money, but its hard to see them getting past the DE.

DE go through. Orcs go home. Winner thinks coaching was key factor, loser doesnt.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Jun 20, 2018 - 14:10; edited 4 times in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. I love you, PC. <3

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Morehouse says he's the best North American coach on FUMBBL, and while that's a lot like being the tallest dwarf, he means it as a compliment to himself.

In the WORLD PC, the world.

I can tell he's a true fan though because although he knows I will surely win he has picked against me to help make my inevitable triumph look more impressive.
Relezite

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Imma pick the MEMELORD

It's time
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict Morehouse to be insufferable on Discord. That's my "Lock of the Week". Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
I predict Morehouse to be insufferable on Discord. That's my "Lock of the Week". Very Happy

I predict the grass will grow green and the hour will strike every sixty minutes
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My prediction is that Pete will get less shots at surfs over the whole game vs morehouse than he did in 2 turns vs pirigin.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
My prediction is that Pete will get less shots at surfs over the whole game vs morehouse than he did in 2 turns vs pirigin.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and asteflix are planning to play Tuesday starting ~22 fumbbl time.
asteflix

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

FOUR VOTES FOR ME TO WIN IT ALL ?? Thank you kind strangers with poor judgement

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
It is so not enough that it's like Canada taking on the USA in anything other than Ice Hockey. It's laughable. I massively rate Malmir, and know myself that a good dwarf coach can always play up TV and do OK. But this is a ghost of a team that was, even with all 4 missings back i wouldnt gamble on it, as it is, it just looks sad.

Wood Elves win without breaking sweat, or a fingernail, and probably without needing the one turner.

Can't really argue with any of that. I'm really looking forward to it!
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2018 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Prepared to call it early - looks like one of my predictions was wrong!

I bet lizzies and CDs are pleased to see the chaos go out.

Unlucky Nacht!