40 coaches online • Server time: 18:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blitzkind

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I have a match against an opponent who plays Lizards and he has a habit of setting up with his Krox (with Guard) in the middle of the LOS then placing all of his Sauri on the LOS two spaces from the closest neighbor when he's on defense.

I'm pretty new and a wall of ST4 seems kind of daunting so I was hoping that someone would have a tip.

For my levels, I have a Mighty Blow Blitzer and a Guard Linerat, I also took a beating in my last match and I've got three journeymen. I've come up with this as a start but if anyone has a better opening I'd be glad to hear it.

https://imgur.com/a/nVS2WKM

The Guard Linerat is in between the left side Saurus and the Krox. The idea was to make a 1 dice block with the wide zone blitzer, move the loner linerat that was assisting him in between the space next to the blitzer and the other linerat. This allows a two dice block with the next linerat and I'm comfortable with just a push here.

Then I was going to blitz with the next linerat directly in front of the third saurus and move it next to the Krox after that. Then finally the the blitzer next to the Krox would get a 1 dice block with block, hopefully knocking it down.

There's a lot I'm not super okay with, mostly the blocking with the Loners. Losing my reroll safety net feels sketchy. I'd replace one of them with a a thrower, but I bought a 4th reroll with my funds like an idiot so here I am. I'm also giving him three sauri to use if he gets the Blitz event so that's not super.

Sorry if this is all over the place, I'm not great at explaining my thought process.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

S3 teams receiving against teams with high strength on the LOS can have some trouble starting the drive.

The issue is having to start with a 1DB is that it it is a major risk to jeopardize your drive.
I think with what you have I would just put 3 linerats on the LOS, and not next to the Krox. After getting the ball and securing it you can try and dodge them away. I would probably only rr a dodge if I failed the very first one as you still have two other rats who can be hit. It isn't great when receiving to not get early hits but at least you shouldn't take a load of hits in response. Then outmanouvere them later.
You could setup with the guard and another rat on a flank to at least setup a 2db mighty blow blitz out there. on the widest saurus. Then maybe the guard rat could get a 2db block with assists too if you commit more players. But then you would be at risk of surfing if it goes wrong early. Also you end up on one side so I would probably only do this if I only have 2 or 3 turns to get a TD.

A Rat Ogre can you help you blitz away a Saurus, but they are so unreliable.
I'm no expert though.

Last edited by garyt1 on Aug 04, 2018 - 20:49; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It can be a tricky Los to break down, but even if it goes badly I wouldn't worry too much. Your strength is chasing down skinks and killing them/stealing the ball from them.

First of all I would say do not go making 1 dice blocks at the start, save them until the end of your turn, also do not be afraid to use Gutter Runners for assists, just position them in such a way that you can get your hit and then screen them from being hit the following turn.

are you on discord? If so give me a shout and I will talk you through some possiblities.

Last edited by Garion on Aug 04, 2018 - 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/discord - this is the web sites chatroom

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
First of all I would say do not go making 1 dice blocks at the start, save them until the end of your turn, also do not be afraid to use Gutter Runners for assists, just position them in such a way that you can get your hit and then screen them from being hit the following turn.

My reasoning for the 1 dice block was that I was okay just pushing the saurus as it would start breaking the chain and 1/36 with a TRR seemed okay but you're right, if I can avoid that I should.

I do have discord, I'll pop in soonish, I'm finishing up some housework.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

you also don't want to be using a rr in the first turn