41 coaches online • Server time: 13:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Best 1980s cult film?
Goonies
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Big Trouble in Little China
30%
 30%  [ 17 ]
The Burbs
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Videodrome
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
An American Werewolf in London
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
They Live
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Escape from New York
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 55

Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup true. EM was as you say intended to stop teams having unfair cash advantages, prevent stockpiling... It seems to me to be a replacement for the bank rule that never made the final cut in CRP. Though it should impact re-builds a little bit I think the people saying bump it up to 150 have it right, at the moment it feels like it hurts Ogres worse than anyone which surely isn't a good thing.

I am spotting very big teams at the moment, even some 3,000k teams kicking about again, which i havemt seen since LRB4 really, but is this a problem? or a non issue?

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

TV 3000 teams may not be a problem in Majors or private leagues because they can face similar TV opponents, but they are potentially an issue in TV-based matchmaking when people monoactivate them, especially considering some inducements are not implemented.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

We live in the days of FAT. Big chunky teams seem two a penny. So at first glance EM is not limiting team growth in any way.

But at the same time we changed PO, removing a huge factor limiting team growth,

with PO removed, and the game being the softest it ever has been they introduced a form of ageing again to help increase player turn over. But would anyone really want ageing back in the open division? and how would Seasons work in an Open division?

Last edited by Garion on %b %26, %2018 - %16:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
But would anyone really want ageing back in the open division? and how would Seasons work in an Open division?

Personally, I'd like a kind of Ageing back.
About how to implement Seasons in Open divisions: make Seasons rule kick in after an X amount of games, for example every 10 or 20 games played by a team.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
PurpleChest wrote:

We live in the days of FAT. Big chunky teams seem two a penny. So at first glance EM is not limiting team growth in any way.

But at the same time we changed PO, removing a huge factor limiting team growth,

with PO removed, and the game being the softest it ever has been they introduced a form of ageing again to help increase player turn over. But would anyone really want ageing back in the open division? and how would Seasons work in an Open division?

Ask and you shall receive: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=28459
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i remember that thread... seemed to gather pace even quicker than the CPOMB one haha

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

tl;dr?
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I looked up Seasons now. It's basically a variant of non-progression blood bowl. If it was implemented wholly on fumbbl it would be the death of progression blood bowl. Since both these formats are fun, have merits and are played by many I don't think it's a good idea to kill off one of them. Hopefully seasons will never be implemented in ranked or blackbox but I wouldn't mind if it was optional for leagues in league division.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Not the death of progression Blood Bowl, players could get some skills even with Seasons, there would just be fewer super skilled players around, and this would be good for the overall balance of the matches in my opinion.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:
Ok, I looked up Seasons now. It's basically a variant of non-progression blood bowl. If it was implemented wholly on fumbbl it would be the death of progression blood bowl. Since both these formats are fun, have merits and are played by many I don't think it's a good idea to kill off one of them. Hopefully seasons will never be implemented in ranked or blackbox but I wouldn't mind if it was optional for leagues in league division.

Im with you on the whole. why bring back off the pitch attrition. There was no need to go back down that road. Its already had its day.

The problem is with Piling On nerfed so heavily, and fouling and crowd surfing nerfed so heavily over the last few LRBs - we have the softest varient of Blood bowl ever.

But is having huge TV teams actually a problem. I know the games designed wanted teams to play in a certain TV range. But does having teams above 2500 for long periods of time actually cause any problems?

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ArthurWynne wrote:
Overall I think it accomplishes the goal of forcing teams to "use it or lose it" and not build up giant treasuries, which means big teams don't have bottomless reserves and small teams can't sweet-spot as easily, but there is one problem IMO.

The 100k cap is a little too low, it's a menace to teams with big guys or 60-70k rerolls -which is quite a few- when they are growing or rebuilding.

I think the cap should be raised to 150. If necessary I would rather the roll be more punitive to compensate.

As it is, the risk isn't great but I don't like having off-pitch randomness be important for teambuilding and it quite often ends up adding insult to injury for teams in a precarious spot.

Isn't the cap 290 not 100? Or at least your treasury won't end up lower than 100 as long as you don't go over 290?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tricktickler wrote:

Yup.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Tricktickler wrote:

Im with you on the whole. why bring back off the pitch attrition. There was no need to go back down that road. Its already had its day.

The problem is with Piling On nerfed so heavily, and fouling and crowd surfing nerfed so heavily over the last few LRBs - we have the softest varient of Blood bowl ever.

But is having huge TV teams actually a problem. I know the games designed wanted teams to play in a certain TV range. But does having teams above 2500 for long periods of time actually cause any problems?

Only for the coaches that have no answer for Morg and a Chef and 3 bribes and...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

ph0enyx13 wrote:
ArthurWynne wrote:
Overall I think it accomplishes the goal of forcing teams to "use it or lose it" and not build up giant treasuries, which means big teams don't have bottomless reserves and small teams can't sweet-spot as easily, but there is one problem IMO.

The 100k cap is a little too low, it's a menace to teams with big guys or 60-70k rerolls -which is quite a few- when they are growing or rebuilding.

I think the cap should be raised to 150. If necessary I would rather the roll be more punitive to compensate.

As it is, the risk isn't great but I don't like having off-pitch randomness be important for teambuilding and it quite often ends up adding insult to injury for teams in a precarious spot.

Isn't the cap 290 not 100? Or at least your treasury won't end up lower than 100 as long as you don't go over 290?

Not quite, the EM starts at 100k, but you can keep up to 290 before Catastrophe is possible. up to 290 there is only a 1 in 6 chance of halfing your Treasury and 1 in 3 chance of losing up to a max of 30k

I think people are saying they would have rathered the brackets started at 150k, to 240k, 250k to 340k and so on.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2018 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Not the death of progression Blood Bowl, players could get some skills even with Seasons, there would just be fewer super skilled players around, and this would be good for the overall balance of the matches in my opinion.

The overall balance of matches is fine currently despite outliers. You know what outliers are right? They're the little windmills you tilt at and try to slay cause you imagine they're dragons.
 Jump to: