31 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the forum thread for Season LXXIII

Links:

Season LXXIII
  • Schedule
    First round will begin on Monday the 13th of August with a deadline of the 27th of August. Round 7 will finish on the 8th of October.
    Team Rebuys are to be completed by Saturday the 11th of August.

• Structure
    We will have 1 Premier, 2 or 3 Conference and 1 Regional division(s).

New Rules

• Forfeit Bonus
    Already Implemented. A bonus of 60k is awarded to a team for each win due to forfeit axing during the season.

• Trial of Blood
    The Trial of Blood has been changed. Drafted teams must now play exactly 2 games against SWL compatible ruleset teams in preparation. No More, No Less. After the 2 games coaches will now have the option to create a fresh roster if they prefer it to the one that has completed the trial. Note: We will be looking to rebuild our fringe stock under this ruleset for future tournaments.

• Rollover Bonuses
    Starting next season, teams will be awarded a bonus 50k for qualifying for Conferences in the following season and 100k for qualifying for Premier in the following season. Parking teams do not receive a bonus.

• Wants to Retire Amendment
    We are going to change the formula for wants to retire to 10 game increments rather than the seasonal system currently implemented. In the future a players wants to retire roll will be based on their games played with:
    0-9 = 0
    10-19 = 1
    20-29 = 2
    etc.
    We are trying to implement this at the end of the season, however, we may not be able to until the script can be changed. Therefore, be prepared for either system depending on Barre's availability to make alterations. We will keep you up to date on any developments.

General Reminders
  • Axing
    PM to the swladmin FUMBBL account by 10pm Monday SWL (Sydney) time if your game has not yet been played. Check out the Guide for more information or check with someone else in chat. Refer to post below for more details about expectations. This is also the method for advising of parking at the end of a season.

• General
    Please be aware that we rely on individual coaches to be active in checking this forum, arranging games against opponents (especially if not on east coast of Australia) and in communicating with Admins. The responsibility is on the coach to enquire, not the Admins to inform. Please feel free to ask any questions, anytime.

• Communication
    Please respect each others time and reply to PMs in a timely manner with potential playing times rather than loose commitments. If something comes up and you are late or unable to play, please log in on your phone and send a PM if possible.

Thankyou to everyone who participated in Season LXXII. Congratulations to Immortalis Inquietus and coach Faulcon for taking out the first Premier trophy in the modern era. Blackwater Cockfighters, Lab Rat Elysium and Pugs Not Drugs did a great job in the Conferences - here come the scissor teams! Klazam broke onto the scene with an impressive season for the Stormbreakers as well, now the real test starts for him.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

REBUY!!!!

Welcome to the rebuy for the end of Season 72.

Here is the link to the results of the rebuy rolls: https://info.swl.org.au/post-season/72

Please Note:
    The totals do not include Fan Factor (which is free and not something you need to rebuy)
    The total may not match up to your TV based on the above and the additional expenses of Wants to Retire Rolls
    Any player who was awarded a forfeit win gets 60k bonus per game to their rebuy total, this is not reflected in the script (we are going to work on it in the future)

Soon you will have 1 million added to your treasury courtesy of the good people of FUMBBL. With that you may re buy your roster according the to the results of the above script.

Note:
    Your team must have 11 players after rebuy
    Do not ready your team until SWLadmin has approved the rebuy

Once you have executed your planned rebuy please PM Swladmin, who will check over the team and ensure that it has been executed correctly, inclusive of the Wants to Retire values. Once you have been given the all clear you can ready your team.

Teams MUST be finalised by 8pm Saturday the 11th of August

Any questions feel free to ask in chat or via PM.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay’s Unofficial SWL Power Rankings

1. Immortalis Inquietus
2. Unicorn Gunfight
3. Blackwater Cockfighters
4. Pugs Not Drugs
5. Lab Rat Elysium
6. East Farkner Journeymans Club
7. Meklab Geargrinderz
8. Dean Park Rangers
9. Wildwood Windlords
10. Ratty Old Elves
11. Bravado
12. Cloud 11 Stormbreakers
13. [adult swim]
14. Phoenix Academy Sharp Shooters
15. Evil Moon Rising
16. Belfast Black Rats
17. Brew Pub Brouhaha
18. Waaaghton Redskins
19. Cryptic Cryptids
20. Yeast Lords
21. Beyond the Sunset
22. Redgum’s Rationalists
23. Calithonian Cynegeticus
24. Chrimean Chimera
25. Jotunheimr Yetis
26. Goonbungburra Windjamers
27. TimBuDog
28. Elenium
29. Refreshingly Dead
30. Da Lollipop Guild
31. Styx and Warpstones
32. Skye Hoppers!

[I] The two Undead teams are well on top here, realistically there's a big gap to 3rd but let's see if it can't be closed by one of the new Prem teams. The 3 Conference winners look poised to make a good crack at it after a weak season from the other Prem teams in the 2 horse race last season.

The Stormbreakers surprise with their strong roster on the back of a successful season in Regionals, rarely does a Regional team get rated this high but with a lack of quality tackle around they are a real threat.

Former Prem champions Balle2000 and Grod will be disappointed to see their teams ranked so lowly, let's see if they can bounce back.

There's a lot more fast teams at the top of the pecking order in comparison with recent history, but it's clear that the Scissor teams are well suited to this environment so far.

Last edited by Tomay on Aug 04, 2018 - 03:58; edited 2 times in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 03:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't quite decided what I'll do with my Records page. The new ruleset means it'll be a struggle to ever break any of the existing records (though Baron came mighty close to TDs in a season in LXXI).

In the meantime, I've added a BB16 Leaderboard of sorts to the Records page. I need to add kills (and deaths). Also Bravado needs a team photo (as do the SWL Sentinels cdwat)

Last edited by ramchop on Aug 04, 2018 - 11:26; edited 1 time in total
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The Fantasy League is back!
Have you ever dreamt of what it'd be like to field Dan Dan and Chocolate - tearing up the opposition? Or have you fantasized about what the strong arm of Longbough and the golden gloves of Pephennas could accomplish? If only they were on the same team... Well they can be! In the SWL Fantasy League!!!

The SWL Fantasy League is the perfect opportunity to add flair, excitement and passion in following SWL. How does it work? Select 11 players from 11 different teams and watch as they give you their hard-earned SPP. The fantasy team with the most SPP by the end of the season will be awarded the Fantasy Cup (currently held by Jevouse).

Rules:

-You have a 1150 budget to buy players. A player's total cost is their positional price plus their skill cost.

-You may spend 1200 on your team if you include a big guy on your roster. A big guy includes Trolls, Ogres, Mummies Etc. This number does not increase if you were to choose more than one big guy.

-Rosters may only have 11 players. You can not go above or below this number

-Only one player from each SWL team. For example, you can not have two players from Unicorn Gunfight.

-Maximum of one position type per race. This means you are unable to get 2 Undead ghouls, but you may get 1 Necromantic ghoul and 1 Undead Ghoul. (Yes, that means if you wish, you can field 3 types of Minotaur.)

-Players must not be hired if they have earned spp in Season 73 of SWL. This means any player that has earned spp in season 73 is ineligible for your fantasy team.

-You may not choose a player from your own SWL team. This is to ensure full focus on SWL. This also means if you are not currently an SWL player, you may still participate in the Fantasy League.

-MVP's are not included in SPP Total.

The team that has totalled the most SPP by the end of the season will be crowned the champ of the Fantasy League.

Please PM me your fantasy teams ASAP. Deadline is THE END OF ROUND 1 OF SWL. In your PM, please use this format:

Player Name - Cost - Team - Race + Position - Player ID

The longer you wait, the larger chance that your favourite players will have played their round 1 games so get those PM's rolling! Please ensure that your team complies with the rules before sending it to me. Let's see how the fantasy will go down with the new rules!

PLEASE NOTE:
Teams are currently undergoing the rebuy process. Some obvious picks may want to retire. Please be aware of this and check the rebuy link to see whether the player you want wants to retire or not.

---

Last Season's Winning Team
Jevouse
Image Nsonowa the Great (Effluvient Dervishes) - 6spp in 4 games
Image Salamoneus (Styx αnd Warpstones) - 31spp in 7 games
Image Fredrick Whiterock (East Farkner Journeymens Club) - 26spp in 7 games
Image Loethkin (Wildwood Windlords) - 10spp in 7 games
Image Quick Quinton Kelly (Belfast Black Rats) - 12spp in 7 games
Image Beithir (Cryptic Cryptids) - 3spp in 6 games
Image Svetlana Ivanova (Dean Park Rangers) - 11spp in 6 games
Image Tertinia Titiana (Immortalis Inquietus) - 23spp in 6 games
Image Ku-Klip (Da Lollipop Guild) - 13spp in 7 games
Image Delmuth (SWL Sentinels) - 13spp in 4 games DEAD
Image Grizzlydripper (Snarling Lunar Freaks!) - 0spp in 2 games
Total:148spp in 63 games

Last edited by mushoomy on Aug 04, 2018 - 11:55; edited 1 time in total
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to clarify, the bonuses will not be applied for the upcoming season. It is a rule applied at the end of this one.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like these new adjustments, they're really balanced...

It's getting to the point that I don't miss trolling you guys anymore Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2018 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Boom! New Logo.

On the occasion of SWL and its elite stable of coaches taking on the uncharted, and at times unpopular, work of ushering FUMBBL into a new era of Blood Bowl - Blood Bowl 2016 - the commissioner's office commissioned the famous Karnov Kidd [sic] to carve out a new logo for this groundbreaking league.

As if conjured out of thin air, Karnov, with his laser eyes and laser knives, cut us this new, razor-sharp emblem. The artist himself musing of its embodiment of the modern, forward-moving spirit of the SWL and its pioneer coaches.

(Several different versions of the logo has been created - white, black, steel, pitch use - and you can find them all @ https://fumbbl.com/note/Balle2000/swllogosbykarnov).

And by the way, don't forget to occasionally remind all the non-SWL coaches out there that... :

Karnov

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2018 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Full disclosure: the money made from retirement rolls went to paying for the new league logo. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2018 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Divisions are up. Let the games begin!

filler 4 = Tall Hat Toughnuts (MrPeakie)
filler 5 = TBD
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Notice
The Premier and Conference Rebuy Bonuses will loosely be applied based on your final standing. While we expect the rebuy bonuses to be mostly accurate, at times teams may be given an incorrect bonus for where they end up due to late parkings, divisional restructures or disappearances. We acknowledge that this may be particularly inconvenient in some instances but we hope that league members will take it in their stride if they are affected.

To give you some indication:
If you finish in the top 3 Premier positions you can expect to get the Premier bonus.
If you finish within the top 5 positions across Conference divisions you can expect to get the Premier bonus.
If you finish in positions 6-7 of Conferences you can expect to get the Conference bonus, but may be promoted to Premier if there is a late dropout. This is a good thing, enjoy the challenge.
If you finish last in your Conference you can expect to miss out on any bonus.
If you finish 2nd last in Conference you may get the Conference bonus but be demoted to Regionals if there is a division restructure or lack of redrafters. This is a good thing, you would have been demoted anyway but get extra cash - be happy.

If you finish in the top 4 of Regionals you can expect a Conference bonus.
If you finish 5-8th in Regionals you may miss out on a bonus but be promoted to Conferences anyway if there is numerous redrafters, a divisional restructure or late parkings. This is a good thing, enjoy the challenge.

Note
We will endeavour to apply the correct bonuses given our information at the time of rollover processing. We do not expect the above issues to occur often. If you intend to park your team for the upcoming season, please notify swladmin via PM by the round 7 deadline.

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
Notice
The Premier and Conference Rebuy Bonuses will loosely be applied based on your final standing. While we expect the rebuy bonuses to be mostly accurate, at times teams may be given an incorrect bonus for where they end up due to late parkings, divisional restructures or disappearances. We acknowledge that this may be particularly inconvenient in some instances but we hope that league members will take it in their stride if they are affected.

To give you some indication:
If you finish in the top 3 Premier positions you can expect to get the Premier bonus.
If you finish within the top 5 positions across Conference divisions you can expect to get the Premier bonus.
If you finish in positions 6-7 of Conferences you can expect to get the Conference bonus, but may be promoted to Premier if there is a late dropout. This is a good thing, enjoy the challenge.
If you finish last in your Conference you can expect to miss out on any bonus.
If you finish 2nd last in Conference you may get the Conference bonus but be demoted to Regionals if there is a division restructure or lack of redrafters. This is a good thing, you would have been demoted anyway but get extra cash - be happy.

If you finish in the top 4 of Regionals you can expect a Conference bonus.
If you finish 5-8th in Regionals you may miss out on a bonus but be promoted to Conferences anyway if there is numerous redrafters, a divisional restructure or late parkings. This is a good thing, enjoy the challenge.

Note
We will endeavour to apply the correct bonuses given our information at the time of rollover processing. We do not expect the above issues to occur often. If you intend to park your team for the upcoming season, please notify swladmin via PM by the round 7 deadline.

Thanks for making the effort to implement this! I do hope the values increase in the future, but I'd agree with starting slowly even if the plan was to increase them.
Tomay

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2018 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to point out for those wondering - that we have named the Premier this season after a former coach Drakeular who sadly passed away recently.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2018 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent idea and memorial.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2018 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Question; how to win against Phoenix Academy Sharp Shooters?

And to answer this we have coach Dlock.

Ok, so lets see, they have similar AV to mine (Cool and 5 blocks against my 4. They have more guard than me, and more dodge... starting to look bad, so I wont be able to win bash match against them.

They are more mobile - 2xmv7 + 3xmv8 versus 3xmv7 + 1xmv8, so I wont be running circles around them neither.

What about passing - they have pass, safe throw and catch, I have nothing, so passing wont do me well neither.

I quess I do what I usually do, sacrifice heavily to gain Nuffles favour (and try to play mind games, what this post is really about...).

- D
 Jump to: