23 coaches online • Server time: 05:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Dark Elf List
4blitzers 1 runner
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
3blitzers 1 witch
42%
 42%  [ 21 ]
something different
28%
 28%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 49

Milman

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2018 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gonna enter a league soon and im gonna go with dark elves.
This is going to be my first time using them.
I am kinda lost between 2 startingrosters.

1) 4 Blitzers,1runner,6Linemen and 2RR
2) 3 Blitzers,1Witch 7Linemen and 2RR

The league is+-10games.

option 1 has the runner that can easly give me leader for a rr and later buy apo then witch

option 2 starts with the witch so i can go for the apo and then the RR later the blitzer

Or do you suggest an other starting roster?
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Runners are generally looked down on- I think their fun value outweighs their inefficiency, but your mileage may vary.

I think the best starting roster is 4 blitzers, 2 RR, and 7 linemen. A Dark Elf lineman is a great value, and their blitzers are the cornerstones of the team.

But witches are super-fun, but are fragile and will burn through re-rolls. With a 10 game roster, maybe get them down the road.
asteflix

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

10 Linos, 1 Blitzer 4 rerolls. It works.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

3 blitzers and a welf, you can buy the other blitzer and the other RR later, and apo after first game, I tend not to like runners becuase the more AV 7 on the pitch the worse, and welfs provide frenzy, which can be alot of fun, also start with dodge.

3 blitzers, 1 welf, 7 linemen, 2 rrs.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a list of how a bunch of famous teams started, with some of their respective choices.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

3 blitzers, 1 welf, 7 linemen, 2 rrs.

Roll AG5 and leap ASAP.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2018 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Blitzers, 7 linemen and a runner and 3 or two rerolls get the welfs later

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend

4 blitzers 400k
7 linemen 490k
2 rerolls
10k toward an apothecary.

You start with plenty of Block, AV 8 across the board and you'll almost certainly get an apothecary after game 1. I wouldn't take a Runner unless I'm running some sort of experiment, because you want to carry with your blitzers and witches, to skill them, and if my Runner isn't carrying the ball I'd rather have an extra Line-elf for 10k less.

Personally I would even take the Apothecary to start and run with only one reroll, but I think most people would disagree with that. I just hate to start a team without an apothecary, particularly when you have no bench and all your players cost more than 50k.

Although I'd save up to buy them ASAP, I wouldn't start with a Witch for several reasons - while they are good, they are your most expensive players and they are AV 7. They also start with plenty of skills and get SPP quickly, meaning that they pull their weight even as rookies on a developed team and catch up in only a few games. Having some skills on the rest of your players also makes it easier to protect your Witch.
Nicouf

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to start with a runner, although I know many people dislike him. I want a MA7 ball carrier, and I don't want to sacrifice a blitzer for this job, I need all my blitzers out there, they are your stronger players. Besides it's always nice to have an additional MA7 player, it adds mobility to the team.
I agree that having a player AV7 is not great, but you just have to protect him well, and as a ball carrier if you play well he shouldn't get hit. And obviously he needs blodge as quickly as possible.

I don't like to start with the witch as she is not reliable, and with only 2 RR you need reliable players with block, I want all 4 blitzers. Only once I got my 3rd RR and/or more skills on my players I buy the witch.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

But you want to score with the blitzers to skill them, so it makes sense to pick up the ball with one!
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

In fairness, the player who runs in the touchdown on a Dark Elf drive is rarely the one who picked up the ball at the beginning.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2018 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to always go 4 Blitzers no Runner start. But then I realised how good Witches are so always go 3 Blitzers 1 Witch.

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2018 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This is my new favorite DE build.

8 linos = 560k
2 assassins = 180k
1 witch =110k
2RR =100k
1 apoth = 50k
0FF = 0k
total =1000k

Now before you criticize without trying it, assassins are awesome. You just have to double up with'm and use the buddy system. One assassin stabs (fails), then the other assassin stabs the same target (possible fail), then a witch blitz, to knock down the target next to both of'm if he stands up, a boot for good measure. And you have like 4 chances at injury roll, getting their best player off the pitch.

8 out of 10 times, your opponent will also blitz the assassin, instead of trying to get position, and secure or break a cage. So in that regard they are like old school Dp's for drawing fire away from your witch.
Applulz

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 06:11 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
But you want to score with the blitzers to skill them, so it makes sense to pick up the ball with one!

The runner is just more options in my opinion. If you make it the end of the pitch easily you can hand off to a blitzer to skill him; but moving the ball with ag4 dump off is superior to naked block starting off in my opinion.

By the time you have blodge on blitzer to carry you could have nerves dump off; which is almost a flat 5/6 chance you retain the ball even if he gets blocked since it will still land in the tackle zone of whoever you throw it to even if they fail to catch it. As opposed to two 1/6 (or more with wrestle/tackle/rerolls) chances you lose the ball on a blodge carrier if he gets 2d blocked. Obviously you don't want him getting blocked ever, but shit happens.

You can also be pretty sneaky with the dump offs by throwing the ball away from their retriever or into hard to recover positions; there's nothing better the enemy team barely being able to reach you for a desperation block, only for the dump off to put the ball into an irretrievable spot with an easy recovery for the runner next turn (if he doesn't die from the block!).

Easy access to leader is great too, a runner with leader is the same cost as buying another reroll. Even if he does 1 dump off per game then gets cas'd he probably did his job TV-wise.
Jimrod

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2018 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest rolling DE as the "tougher" elves then playing one match against Chaos Dwarves before retirement. Very Happy

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4010605

It did not go well for me. (I need to practice with Ag teams I think Very Happy).
 Jump to: