47 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 20:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

No response to this or the othARR post.

Time to call it. Sprints is dead Sad
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

With BB2016 the Human League Premiership could have been stronger than ever.. but the Box Trophy includes humans in a big way, and everyone else, so I fear the sprints won't be popular again.

I always felt, aside from the Human Sprints, that the rest of the sprints just made 'too much to care about', if that makes any sense.

I thank koadah as well for all the work that went into making the Sprint pages. I have hundreds of good human games competing against other human box coaches because of it.

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2019 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I for one would be sad to see both go, but I have to say that I, too, was never really active in them.
Is it a resource problem on Koadahs side or is he just letting it rest because there is not enough interest?
ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2019 - 00:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I like the history of sprints, and the occasional it gives big teams something to do. koadah is pulling the plug on his tracking of the data, and fair enough too if the interest is no longer there. Which seems to be the case.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2019 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
No response to this or the othARR post.

Time to call it. Sprints is dead Sad

It would be sad to see these Metagroups go away. With Human League and ARR! is it maybe a case of needing someone to "push" the results to the participants? The last ARR! PM I received was from 2017 for Season XX. I know the E.L.F. requires constant spamming of the Forum and PM threads to advertise its existence and keep fresh blood pouring into the league and onto the pitch.

If I were to play for the Black Box Trophy, I'd definitely double dip with ARR! & Human League & E.L.F. Alas, I'm a fan of those Metagroups, but I don't play anymore. Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2019 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The BBT is the main reason I have ELF teams with points this season (HE and DE), I have never been good enough to care about Sprints but I always enjoyed seeing ARR teams in the BB Brawls that I admin'd, and if there was a way to track ARR teams in the Trophy that would be awesome, especially if we ran ARR only stables etc.

I know how hard it is to maintain a group, hell the Fill the Box Grid group is woefully out-of-date despite a good numbers of coaches closing in on Bill_Brasky's mammoth achievement. (I will do something about this but I think it needs an overhaul more than an update...)

Kudos to all that provide meta-groups, stat groups/pages and anything beyond simply activating and playing, I wish I had the time to do more but alas I am hiding behind my pixel bashing as it is and activating is enough for me currently.