41 coaches online • Server time: 10:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of putting together a roster for a team of wizards from the local wizarding college. Mainly just for fun but I think it would be interesting and would love to hear your ideas!

The magic would come about through the use of skills (fireball=bomber, teleport=VLL and leap) and they would also get a cheaper wizard inducement (I know they aren't in the game anymore but still)

The team would be famously low AV as wizards can't wear armour.

The core would be the Apprentices (6335) human lineman. There would be some form of big guy, I'm thinking a giant thing that the wizards have brought to life. And the other positionals would go to higher ranked wizards with spells.

2 Fireball Wizard 6335 (Bomber, Safe Throw, no secret weapon?)
2 Teleport Wizard 6335 (leap, very long legs)

You could also add in other races but for now I'd like to keep it all human. And maybe they get cheaper cards as well as cheaper wizard inducement?

It would be random and whacky and messy. I also feel there's another spell in there somewhere from the mutation skills but I can't work one out.

But yea, these are mainly my ramblings but would love to hear your thoughts.

Gnob.
The_Carthaginian

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass Block would be a great addition to the teleporters!!

Hypno gaze could be a further spell.

Teams could be themed by the winds of magic, with different recruitment options reflecting the things they could summon. That's 8 potential human rosters there. Then the three flavours of Elves, necromancers, chaos.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a few other notes, I am considering dropping every to str 2 except the big guy because wizards are supposed to be pretty weedy.

I also thought about giving the lineman right stuff and then have a levitate wizard who has throw team mate to show him picking up and hurling the lineman forward.

I also think a stab player could work, as if they have a touch spell which causes damage.

I also love the idea of giving some of the wizards negatraits to show how easily spells can go wrong (I love the idea of a wizard trying to do cast a spell getting it wrong and taking root in the ground)

And finally I do think 1 positional should be for an arge mage figure who has leader and maybe mage armour spell (av8). This player could be interesting as he could have the negatrait take root and loner (arch mages don't train) but he could then have a lot of other skills to represent his mastery of different spells.

Last edited by Gnoblar on Sep 10, 2018 - 23:28; edited 1 time in total
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Carthaginian wrote:
Pass Block would be a great addition to the teleporters!!

Hypno gaze could be a further spell.

Teams could be themed by the winds of magic, with different recruitment options reflecting the things they could summon. That's 8 potential human rosters there. Then the three flavours of Elves, necromancers, chaos.

Hypno is a great shout as is the pass block on the teleporters (hadn't even thought of that but I love it)

I did orginally think about making them different schools so it's on my mind and I did consider giving them the necromancer from the undead so any who die playing them are raised as zombies but I think that might be straying away from the licensed college magic Razz
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul appearance and disturbing presence could work as the wizard putting visions into the mind of their opponents, but is pretty weak compared to your others.

The only other spell coming to mind is the flaming sword from mordheim, which could be chainsaw or perhaps claw.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Below is basically a list of suggested builds for wizards. A lot to start with but it's good to have too many and work down. I want the masters to have some negatraits around to show the dangers of using magic in the warhammer world (always hungry on the ttm guys to show how they might lose control of the spell and explode the guy they are throwing)
Apprentices 6235 (right stuff)

Bright Masters 6235 (bombardier, safe throw, take root)

Teleporters 6235 (leap, very long legs, pass block, kick off return)

Levitate 6235 (throw team mate, always hungry, diving catch, big hand)

Illusion Masters 6235 (Hypnogaze, foul appearance, disturbing presence)

Conjuration Masters 6238 (chainsaw) they know mage armour so have higher armour.

Lore of Metal Masters (claw) treat as mage touch heating enemy armour

Lore of Shadow Masters 6235 (tentacles, prehensile tail, shadowing)

Lore of Beast Master (frenzy, dauntless)

Necromancer/death master? (stab, killed join as zombies - might be nurgle rot or as the undead necromancer)

1 Arch Mage 6338 (Take Root, leader, loner, Always hungry, Hypno gaze, throw team mate, bombardier, safe throw, stab) He basically acts as a wizard who knows lots of spells but tbh I don't like this start as it's too much. Maybe instead they just have leader, loner, ttm, always hungry and then they have normal access to most skills?

1 Automaton 5,5,1,10 (really stupid, mighty blow, thick skull, loner, throw team mate) giant collection of rocks animated by the wizards.

Last edited by Gnoblar on Sep 11, 2018 - 04:23; edited 2 times in total
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Foul appearance and disturbing presence could work as the wizard putting visions into the mind of their opponents, but is pretty weak compared to your others.

The only other spell coming to mind is the flaming sword from mordheim, which could be chainsaw or perhaps claw.

Worked the fa and dp into an illusion wizard! Thanks for the suggestion.

And claw or chainsaw into the Conjuration.

Thanks for the suggestions Smile
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

So currently the roster in my mind is

1-12 GA/S Mage Apprentice 6235 (right stuff)
2 6235 GP/A Bright Wizards (bombardier, safe throw, take root, right stuff)
2 7235 GA/ Teleport Wizards (leap, very long legs, pass block, kick off return, right stuff)
2 6235 GA/ Levitate Wizards (throw team mate, always hungry, diving catch, right stuff)
2 6238 GS/A Conjuration Wizard (chainsaw, right stuff)

I would love to add extra people (magical Automaton, shadow wizard, illusion wizard with Hypno gaze ) but there isn't enough space.

The premise behind this team is that they are super weak in bash terms but they can blitz with a chainsaw and have 2 strong fireball casting bombers to cause damage. Plus they can throw other wizards at enemy players or use ttm to set up td's or interesting blitzs.

Every wizard master has a skill in which if a 1 is rolled something bad could happen and with low AV it probably will to represent the dangers of magic use in warhammer. Ttm has always hungry so the person getting thrown could be killed, leap can fail, chainsaw can kickback and the bombers can fumble and blow themselves up. I also fancied a take root on the bombers to make an interesting play where by they can knock themselves down with a bomb or they can be thrown somewhere else and throw a bomb after being thrown if they do take root but I'm not set on this, it was just an interesting thought.

The bombers and chainsaw don't have secret weapon because they are using magic as opposed to bringing illegal equipment and as wizard inducements aren't punished neither are magic fireballs...

The teleporters would be hard to pin down and would be the main ball runners.

Rerolls would be cheap 50 or 60k. Wizard induce would be 100k and cards would be 25k each.

Basically this team would be chaotic, people would be flying everywhere, weird moves being made and lots of legs broken. Messy but fun!
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Great ideas, talk to the secret league guys about it.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of fun! Just to flag though that the saw is a 35/36 armor break, and the Bombardier in an av5 world might be utterly murderous. Maybe put loner on them to make them actually self-destructive. Otherwise, it'll be a saw blitz every turn as it needs snakes not to pow with +3 to AV roll.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 20:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It might be fun for a while, but a team with universal S2 AV5 would be woefully inadequate against most opponents. Your regular Linemen are worse than halflings

AV7 is the base for an unarmoured human I think.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
It might be fun for a while, but a team with universal S2 AV5 would be woefully inadequate against most opponents. Your regular Linemen are worse than halflings

AV7 is the base for an unarmoured human I think.

Yea I was considering raising them to av6, but they need to be low armour but also capable of causing damage with their special skills, good bombers and chainsaws. I chose av5 to make them the same as lowest armoured snotling but I think AV6 might be better but I could think about av7.

The low AV would also be a reason to keep them cheap to encourage people flinging them at opponents, similar to ogre runts.

And datom do you mean if they were playing a mirror match? Most opponents would be av7 or better.
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Some magical enchanted protected robes of some sort?

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Good fun but as Josh says it will be a weak side. More for stunty leeg? Though even there there are dangerous players.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Good fun but as Josh says it will be a weak side. More for stunty leeg? Though even there there are dangerous players.

I did think of a stunty leeg team which revolved around a familiar stunty lineman and a magical Automaton Big Guy and a couple of wizard with spells so that's always an option.

Would av7 be too much? I think so given that wizards can't wear armour and as most av7 lineman do have some armour I think AV6 maybe be more appropriate.
 Jump to: