26 coaches online • Server time: 02:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Does this sound like a fun league?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the signup thread for the new league, Ladder PR World Bloodbowl(LPWB).

The concept of the league is this. Divisions will be very small, 4 teams each to be exact,so that there is a lot of movement between divisions.

It will be a promotion relegation league where the top team moves up and the bottom team moves down in each division. Each season will be a double round robin of 6 games, meaning seasons will progress very quickly.

All races will be available to play, but once a race is taken it cannot be duplicated until all races are taken once.

Each team will be allowed one building game in between each season, and SPP stacking will be allowed(althout not required).

Teams will be randomly assigned to divisions initially, and new teams in subsequent seasons will be put in the bottom division.

Rounds will be allowed one week to complete, you will be allowed to play ahead if both teams have finished their previous weeks, and missing a deadline will result in a warning, a second missed deadline will result in a default loss, a third default miss will result in automatic relegation,and a fourth miss will result in removal from the league.

The league is open to any time zone, although you must be willing to be lenient in the times you are willing to play to accomodate other time zones as necessary.

Please sign up here if you are interested, or have any comments, suggestions or questions!

1. MonkeyMan576(Wood Elf)
2. FinnDiesel(Dark Elf)

Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Sep 11, 2018 - 03:55; edited 1 time in total
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to sign up with dark elves

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If the goal is to move quickly, why 6 games instead of 3?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2018 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
If the goal is to move quickly, why 6 games instead of 3?

+1

A regular league with 8 teams per division would play 7 games per season. If you have 6 games then you are not much different from them. And there are loads of those already.

3 would be more ladder-like.

Edit: You could use a 4(?) game Swiss. Though then you would lose the ability to play ahead.

The advantage of that though is that you could have more teams in each division (e.g. 6) without having to increase the number of games.
If you get a lot of interest then having a lot of 4 team divisions could become unwieldy.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally think 4 team divisions are better and totally managable even with a lot of teams.

But if it's a make or break issue to get the league started I'd concede the issue.

I'd be open to 1xRR rounds instead of 2xRR rounds, I just think there is such a thing as TOO short.

Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Sep 11, 2018 - 03:58; edited 1 time in total
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2018 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
I would like to sign up with dark elves

Welcome aboard. New teams will be 1000 TV.
 Jump to: