39 coaches online • Server time: 12:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Speccing and Playing...goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So it begins...

Here is a new thread for commentary and banter on the running 2nd season. Enjoy! Very Happy
Chivite

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just had a hilarious game against kingvan's Humans with my Underworld. T16 sillyness inbound

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=report&id=4015200
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! I'm winning!! xD

Being in the US timezone, I'm not sure I'll be able to complete all 150 games. But, hey, it ain't gonna cost me nothing to give it a shot ...

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Chivite wrote:
I just had a hilarious game against kingvan's Humans with my Underworld. T16 sillyness inbound

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=report&id=4015200

Whaaaaaaat Surprised Surprised Laughing
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok some thoughts going in, for those interested.

Completing the 150 matches will be very hard for me but I am committed to making a decent run, 100+ matches and a respectable score at the very least. For my squad, I have gone heavy on 2-point-races (the two Elven ones, Khemri and Norse). For the 1-point-squad I have picked Underworld, I hope that they are a better bet than the late blooming Vamps or Slann. I’ve gone with a naming scheme around roads and even made what may pass for a logo for each team. Hoping to get as many games in as possible while the initial enthusiasm lasts, and looking very forward to it!

High Elves, Khemri and Underworld are among my favourite rosters anyway so they should be good fun. Norse I have played a lot, I loved their fluff in 2nd Edition and my first ever Fumbbl team was Norse, but I have a love/hate relationship with them. Let’s see where this team falls. Elven Union are the biggest question mark for me, I am an Elf player but never liked the Pro Elves, they just seem second class citizens in the Elven kingdoms. As fragile as Woodies but without any of the cool stuff, the only thing notable about them is Nerves of Steel, which is fun but really more of a gimmick. Yes the Blitzers are cool, but only until you compare them to Wardancers. It seemed like an omen that of my five road-themed team logos, I liked the Union one the least. Still I felt they were too good to pass up for 2 points, so I will be forced to make my peace with them. They were the first to get drawn, and won the first match, so there is that. Wink
Mattius

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to pick totally different races this year to last. So that's my first plan.

My main goal is to have a racial lead. Last time I was one off with vamps. So let's see what I can do. Top 10 would be great as it will be harder for me this year.

Massive thanks to Christer and others for making this happen. The only question I have to the organisers is can bbt be better advertised on the site? Right now the only way of knowing is either seeing the forum, word of mouth or at the top of the activation screen in bbt. Bbt is fantastic for newish coaches to get them bought in and feel a part of something early on. Just not sure many of them will see it.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, let's get that video Throweck made stickied on the homepage for a bit! Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 20:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so let me get this straight.. The announcement for Season 2 is on the following places:

- Front page of the website
- Top of the "News" section on your overview (unless you modified it to actively remove that section).
- In the forums
- On Twitter, Throweck posted, and the official FUMBBL twitter account (me) retweeted that.
- Talked about in Discord
- Large font on the blackbox page

What do you want more? A full-page overlay that you have to click through?
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I post a link to Fumbbl on Facebook or will that get us in trouble? Because I just did...
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree that anyone actually paying attention will know S2 has kicked off, but in reality a lot of people don't pay attention to things. Very Happy I would suggest that most people have bookmarked their coach page and go directly there. If they don't look in the news section and don't play box and don't read the forums they will not see it. I don't dispute that this is silly, but... when a major tournament is about to draw there is a link that goes up to apply right at the top of your coach page where the link to the patron account is currently. I was suggesting adding a link to the video Throweck made there for a week just to hit the people who just go right to their coach page and click gamefinder. My guess is that giving it the same treatment as a Major Tournament application period will actually add to a few eyeballs that really do miss all the other places.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like Salad_Bar is leading the contest of 'most challenging squad' atm, with only 5 points used out of 9.

You brave, brave man ... xD

arry

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So what happened to JakeSteel who started it all?
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2018 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
So what happened to JakeSteel who started it all?

He ran off waving his £100 note, about 3 days after he started it, and was never heard of again ...

Edit: but, we're not in this for the money, right? Wink

Salad_Bar

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
Looks like Salad_Bar is leading the contest of 'most challenging squad' atm, with only 5 points used out of 9.

I was trying for just the Three Points, I didn't feel like playing More than one Stunty Roster. I feel like the lack of commitment will come to bite me as I have played Ogre's and Flings more than Humans Wink
Tzalaran

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2018 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Salad_Bar wrote:
JellyBelly wrote:

I was trying for just the Three Points, I didn't feel like playing More than one Stunty Roster. I feel like the lack of commitment will come to bite me as I have played Ogre's and Flings more than Humans Wink

it appears Chewblocka put Salad to shame... all 3 stuntys and a total of 2 points used.
 Jump to: